Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?

An easy thing to say.

But a scientist plucked from the year 1880 would not look at a jet airplane or an iphone and think it was supernatural in origin. They would just think they have a lot to learn about it.
If they were extremely ignorant and religious -- they just may. So your premise is ridiculously false.

The net energy was zero. No energy input. Result was net zero energy between the particles. That's kind of the entire point.
B-I-N-G-O!

usmb Indiana wins.png

Like KneeJerk (formerly known as BackAgain), you haven't read the OP, or you have and struggle with reading and comprehension.

"We now have scientists claiming they've created matter from nothing in a groundbreaking experiment. If they have, their claims can be proven by successfully repeating any experiment."
It takes energy to create fields. From the OP link:
in early 2022, a group of researchers created strong enough electric fields in their laboratory to level the unique properties of a material known as graphene.​
With these fields, the researchers were able to enable the spontaneous creation of particle-antiparticle pairs from nothing at all.​

It takes energy to create fields. From the OP link:
in early 2022, a group of researchers created strong enough electric fields in their laboratory to level the unique properties of a material known as graphene.​
With these fields, the researchers were able to enable the spontaneous creation of particle-antiparticle pairs from nothing at all.​
But no energy to create the spontaneous generation of the paticle/antiparticle pairs, which occurs all the time in empty space.

I struggled with where, what forum (Science or Religion and Ethics), to put this: "Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?"

Here we are...

Somebody said "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist."(1)

I believe some people unknowingly, and some people purposefully conflate spontaneous creation with spontaneous generation, which takes any discussion of scientific theories into debating religion as somehow being just another scientific theory. There exits no science behind claims religions make for why we and the universe exists.

We now have scientists claiming they've created matter from nothing in a groundbreaking experiment. If they have, their claims can be proven by successfully repeating any experiment.

1: Stephen Hawking

The article leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

We now have scientists claiming they've created matter from nothing in a groundbreaking experiment. If they have, their claims can be proven by successfully repeating any experiment.

Do you argue with that?

We'd need to know just what they are claiming to have accomplished.

How do they know they had "nothing".

I suspect there are many forms and existences of which we are unaware.

The concept of Dark Energy (of which I know little) has only recently emerged.

So, energy we can't measure. Uh huh. Okay.

Why call it energy at all? Call it Bigfoot, or a miracle. Call it Jebus.

Yes, things might not know about.

This concept has only recently emerged from forgotten shelves.

Please try to make yourself look smart when it is clear you are not.

Forum List

Back