Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

I’m skeered :ack-1:

If I don’t believe your fantasy ……..Your God will send me to eternal damnation

What kind of petty God would do that?
Is his ego really that fragile?

Why would you worship a God like that over a loving and forgiving God?
You forget that God is also Holy and Just. Sin MUST be punished. The only two options are for you to pay the penalty for your sin, or let Christ's death justify you before the Father.

Perhaps I can help? The Immaculate Conception has nothing to do with the manner either Jesus or Mary were conceived.

Early Christians (and Catholics to this day) hold the belief in the special preparation of the holiness of the person of Mary to bear in her body the most holy person of the Son of God. In short, Mary was born without original sin in preparation that she would continue a life without sin in preparation for bearing the Son of God.

Mary was conceived naturally, there is nothing of deity in her at all.. Jesus was born without "original sin".

Mary was conceived naturally, there is nothing of deity in her at all.. Jesus was born without "original sin".
No argument about either of the above statements. Mary was conceived naturally. The Son of God was born without original sin.

Mary, too, (who is not a deity, but human) was born without original sin to be the perfect one to bear the Son of God.

The intertestamental period and the Maccabees should be required study for any Bible student. I'm not sure how relevant Antiochus IV is to Christianity, though, except as a blurb in history.

Antiochus IV is the subject of Daniel.

You forget that God is also Holy and Just. Sin MUST be punished. The only two options are for you to pay the penalty for your sin, or let Christ's death justify you before the Father.

An angry, vengeful God is neither holy or just

How could you worship such a God over a loving God?

Which is immoral garbage.

Punishments for thought crimes?

At least the human dictators can't punish anyone for thoughts.

It's easy to see why rational, moral adults don't buy into any of this stuff, unless they were brainwashed into it as children.

Last edited:
Which is immoral garbage.

Punishments for thought crimes?

At least the human dictators can't punish anyone for thoughts.

It's easy to see why rational, moral adults don't buy into any of this stuff, unless they were brainwashed into as children.

There's so many death penalty sins in the Bible.

There's so many death penalty sins in the Bible.

How can a loving God embrace the death penalty?
How could Jesus support the Death Penalty after suffering on the cross?

You would think Christians would oppose the Death Penalty….but they support it

How can a loving God embrace the death penalty?
How could Jesus support the Death Penalty after suffering on the cross?

You would think Christians would oppose the Death Penalty….but they support it
Christianity devalues human life.

In Christianity, we are just meatbag placeholders, and this existence is a tiny, allegedly terrible part of our forever existence.

To them, the magical soul is more important than the human existence on Earth.

To a secular humanist, the human experience is the only part of our existence.

So naturally, morality derived from this paradigm is far superior to anything in the Iron Age collection of superstition.

What are the criteria for truly believing?
Well, that is impossible to express in mere words.

I remember someone telling me this story. A boy at his middle school had lost a family member. The boy was not sad. In fact, the boy was smiling and said something like: "Now she's in Heaven!"

I doubt, however, that the boy in question had that much faith in God as he grew older and had more experience in this vale of tears.

Well, that is impossible to express in mere words.

I remember someone telling me this story. A boy at his middle school had lost a family member. The boy was not sad. In fact, the boy was smiling and said something like: "Now she's in Heaven!"

I doubt, however, that the boy in question had that much faith in God as he grew older and had more experience in this vale of tears.
Have you considered those of us who see God as strength who has faith that we can can thrive in this vale of tears?

Compelled acceptance of homosexuality? Really? How does that work?
You have no idea what's going on in many of the state schools?

I don't believe you. You're a gaslighting homofascist, aren't you?

Forum List

Back