Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

and all those "older philosophies" are based on one of the world's religions or religious teachings

Nope. The Code of Hammurabi and the Egyptian Book of the Dead predate Judaism by a thousand years.

What a stupid lie. What church do you attend?
I am a Christian, where I go to church is none of your business. What I believe is my business and mine alone, just as are your beliefs. I don't care what you believe. Why do you want to force your non-beliefs on everyone else?

Nope. The Code of Hammurabi and the Egyptian Book of the Dead predate Judaism by a thousand years.
yes, they do. but they were a form of belief in a higher power i.e. they were religious beliefs. the Egyptians believed in a hereafter, so do all ancient religions. even the pagans in the south american jungles believed in higher powers.

and all those "older philosophies" are based on one of the world's religions or religious teachings
Not all of them and some of them are based on polytheistic religions and some were just philosophical writings

me too, and that is exactly what the constitution guarantees. separation of church and state. but it seems that you lefties want to ban all religion even though the constitution guarantees that every citizen can practice his/her religion, or not.

I have no issue with anyone practicing their religion at home or in church

I do have a problem with Christians, not other religions, but mostly Christians forcing their religion into public venues.

I do have a problem with Christians, not other religions, but mostly Christians forcing their religion into public venues.
then you need to leave the USA because our constitution and founding documents were all based on judeo/christian values and teachings. what exactly does "endowed by their creator" mean to you in the context being discussed?

then you need to leave the USA because our constitution and founding documents were all based on judeo/christian values and teachings. what exactly does "endowed by their creator" mean to you in the context being discussed?
My creators were my parents.

have you ever been to a muslim country where the religion IS the national body of law? I have, and its nothing to ignore (if you want to keep your head)

Redfish

Actually they intentionally left off Christian values and doctrine

Endowed by their creator was in the Declaration of Independence that has no legal standing.

you just said ALL moral and ethic writing was religious and some obviously aren't but they were coopted by religions so now you just changed your stance.
those ancient teachings were all based on the belief in a higher power, I am consistent, you are not.

have you ever been to a muslim country where the religion IS the national body of law? I have, and its nothing to ignore (if you want to keep your head)
Thankfully, we do not have Sharia Law in THIS Country

The TRUMPCourt is doing their best to change that

I lived in Arabia for nearly 2 decades and never had any problems with religion.

Redfish

that is Trump Jr, not president Donald Trump. and all he said was that turning the other cheek has accomplished nothing and its time to do what the dems and libs do and play dirty.

so once again you lefties have failed to prove your lies. no surprise there.

Thankfully, we do not have Sharia Law in THIS Country

The TRUMPCourt is doing their best to change that
your ignorance is unbounded. There are areas in the USA today where sharia is practiced. Muslims have created enclaves in several states and sent muslim representatives to DC. Omar is the most vocal, but she is not the only one. which states? only in some blue ones. the so-called Trump court would neve allow sharia, its you libs who seem to want that.

Forum List

Back