Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

I said there was no threat of hell in the Catholic faith. Catholicism teaches hell is a choice made by each individual. Further Catholic teaching is that we do not know who--if anyone--is in hell.
No threat of hell? What is the rejection of the God's forgiveness of sin? I think you're hoping to redefine catholic ideology.

We are speaking of the Immaculate Conception. The Immaculate Conception is Joachim and Anne's (Mary's parents) conception of Mary, not Mary's conception of Jesus. While Mary's conception is celebrated in the Catholic Church, Jesus' conception is not. The Annunciation of the Angel's message to Mary about his conception and birth are celebrated (March 25 of each year). Mary's own Immaculate Conception is celebrated on December 8.

The virgin birth, of course, is celebrated on December 25, nine months after the Annunciation. Tradition has it Jesus died on the day he was conceived (March 25). No, that date has never been proven.
It seems you're speaking of the immaculate conception not recognized in the Bible but added recently by the Catholic church.

Nor is there such a threat in the Catholic faith. Note that in the Aesop's fable I referenced, there was the threat of death.

what teachings are those written by the heavenly exemplar themself - in their book.

laced throughout with threats of compliance or persecution ...

"Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works." 2 John 1:9-11

has meriweather the tablets they claim were etched in the heavens w/ 10 comandments ... to verify their book.

No threat of hell? What is the rejection of the God's forgiveness of sin? I think you're hoping to redefine catholic ideology.
I am stating Catholic theology, straight from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Catholics do not reject repentance for the forgiveness of sins. God reads the human heart and knows true repentance from lip service. God alone judges the human heart; God alone knows who, if anyone, is in hell.

The role of the Catholic Church is to continue to spread the Word of God and the Way of Eternal Life as taught by Jesus. The Church has the authority to proclaim the Good News, to baptize, forgive sins, etc. That is all the Church has under its authority. Judgement belongs to God--it is outside the hands of the Church.

The Church has the authority to only proclaim the Way Jesus taught. The Church has no authority to teach Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, etc. Those who reject the teachings of Jesus are in the hands of a merciful and loving God. Period.

It seems you're speaking of the immaculate conception not recognized in the Bible but added recently by the Catholic church.
I am not going to circle around and grind on this yet again. I already explained the pre-New Testament traditions; I have explained that the Bible relates that the Angel addressed Mary by the title, "Fullness of Grace". I have explained that the Immaculate Conception of Mary both celebrated by individuals from early Christianity onward and noted the fullness of grace noted in Luke's Gospel did not become formal Catholic dogma until the mid 1800s. It was informally accepted by some of the earliest Christians onward.

If you are determined to personally declare it was not even recognized until recently, shrug. I have math students who are determined to declare 2+2=22. Same difference.

I am not going to circle around and grind on this yet again. I already explained the pre-New Testament traditions; I have explained that the Bible relates that the Angel addressed Mary by the title, "Fullness of Grace". I have explained that the Immaculate Conception of Mary both celebrated by individuals from early Christianity onward and noted the fullness of grace noted in Luke's Gospel did not become formal Catholic dogma until the mid 1800s. It was informally accepted by some of the earliest Christians onward.

If you are determined to personally declare it was not even recognized until recently, shrug. I have math students who are determined to declare 2+2=22. Same difference.
I'm not sure that addressing "angels" is really productive.

I can only declare that it is not my personal opinion regarding the recent recognition of a sinless Mary by the Catholic church. You might want to familiarize yourself with church doctrine.

I can only declare that it is not my personal opinion regarding the recent recognition of a sinless Mary by the Catholic church. You might want to familiarize yourself with church doctrine.
Yawn. Double yawn. I am bored saying it. The differing opinions on this existed from early Christianity. It took until 1854 before the Church came together with a single dogma. Again, yawn. Can we move on?

Yawn. Double yawn. I am bored saying it. The differing opinions on this existed from early Christianity. It took until 1854 before the Church came together with a single dogma. Again, yawn. Can we move on?
What will the next amendment be?

What will the next amendment be?
Haven't a clue. There was the Immaculate Conception in 1854. Next came the Assumption of Mary into heaven in 1950. Perhaps that indicates another twenty years before something rises to the surface?

Perhaps you don't know, but there have always been differences within the Catholic Church. Some of our greatest Saints mightily disagreed with one another. There is not a lot the Church insists upon. Most, but not all Catholics believe in evolution. I am certain there are some Catholics who believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible, although again, most do not. Some don't even believe in/approve of the changes made in Vatican II. Some insist on Mass in Latin. We are a divergent group, but we still view one another as Catholic and members of the Body of Christ. We never have been duplicates of one another.

Haven't a clue. There was the Immaculate Conception in 1854. Next came the Assumption of Mary into heaven in 1950. Perhaps that indicates another twenty years before something rises to the surface?

Perhaps you don't know, but there have always been differences within the Catholic Church. Some of our greatest Saints mightily disagreed with one another. There is not a lot the Church insists upon. Most, but not all Catholics believe in evolution. I am certain there are some Catholics who believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible, although again, most do not. Some don't even believe in/approve of the changes made in Vatican II. Some insist on Mass in Latin. We are a divergent group, but we still view one another as Catholic and members of the Body of Christ. We never have been duplicates of one another.
Another 20 years is a possibility. So many of the social levers used by the Church are now long gone and simply aren't fully applicable today. Societies change regardless of their "in stone, immutable" theistic dogmas. They change because like humans themselves, there is evolution, growth, learning, and as knowledge grows, so then does how we interact with one another. Religious dogma has a vested interest in whatever status quo has made it successful. The Catholic Church was at one time all-in on slavery, revulsion of homosexuals, Hitler being a good Christian, etc., but the leadership eventually revised its position as the dogma became out of step with a changing population. Our evolving morality refuses to allow such injustice to live long. It's not in our best interest, and therefore it falls to the wayside.

Nope. The secular world is evil, reprobate and doomed. And G-d does NOT allow slavery, nor rape, but they are pointed out in scripture as historical fact. Plus since you are not born again, your "understanding" of G-d's infallible Word is zero!

The Secular world has better morality than the Christian World

Not even close

north korea and china are examples of secular countries, do you really think they are more moral than we are?

No they aren’t

There is a secular culture in the US accepts homosexuals, opposes Capitol Punishment, accepts different beliefs

The Christian culture accepts rape, Capitol Punishment, torture, incest

No they aren’t

There is a secular culture in the US accepts homosexuals, opposes Capitol Punishment, accepts different beliefs

The Christian culture accepts rape, Capitol Punishment, torture, incest
bullshit, you know nothing about either. you are an ignorant puppet of your left wing masters, you are a waste of time on this board.

bullshit, you know nothing about either. you are an ignorant puppet of your left wing masters, you are a waste of time on this board.

Read the Bible

It advocates Capitol Punishment, rape, incest, child abuse , wife abuse, condemns homosexuality

The Secular world has better morality

Forum List

Back