Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

Traditions are common in religions (many of which no longer exist), that pre-dated Christianity so I'm not sure why traditions are useful in gauging the efficacy of any religion. A good many people do take the position of allegorical interpretation of the Christian traditions and wouldn't pay literal interpretation of Genesis or the flood any attention at all if it weren't imposed on the debate by the incessant contributions of biblical literalists trying to 'prove' Christianity.
Not something that should concern non-Catholics.

Sure, some good has come from the Bible and some good has probably come from competing religions. We also have to accept that irrational belief systems have compelled religious folks toward sliding swords into one another for thousands of years; burning at the stake those who don't agree with you, inventing the most gruesome means of inflicting pain, flying airplanes into buildings, etc.. All of this to prove that you, (collectively), and only you, represent the true god(s).
I don't understand why you seem so bothered that religion--or anything else in this world--has both a good side and a bad side, both pluses and minuses. Take away all religion and the result would be the same--pluses and minuses. Would you be equally riled over that?

All of this to prove that you, (collectively), and only you, represent the true god(s).
And that is the first thing you seem not to understand what is taught about God. He is beyond our understanding--His ways are not our ways, etc. Those who understand God best are at best an inch ahead of those who understand Him least. In short: No one has the True God because not one has a clear understanding.

Again: Why are you riled and bothered by the fact we cannot fully understand or know God? Why is it such a big deal to you that we all don't share a cookie-stamp view of Him?

You seem bothered that no one feels the same about the Immaculate Conception as Catholics do. On the other hand, I am a Catholic, and it doesn't bother me at all. They have their reasons, we have ours. Whether Mary was or was not has not one iota of an effect on how either group lives their lives. It falls back into that one-inch difference of who may have the better understanding.

Straight from Tucker’s talking points. Nothing you say is supported by any university, Govt or major corporation, just the conspiracy crowd. Go ahead, name one.
because they were all in on it. Liberalism is rampant in those institutions and corporations. liberalism is a mental disease, you just confirmed it.

And that is the first thing you seem not to understand what is taught about God. He is beyond our understanding--His ways are not our ways, etc. Those who understand God best are at best an inch ahead of those who understand Him least. In short: No one has the True God because not one has a clear understanding.

Again: Why are you riled and bothered by the fact we cannot fully understand or know God? Why is it such a big deal to you that we all don't share a cookie-stamp view of Him?

You seem bothered that no one feels the same about the Immaculate Conception as Catholics do. On the other hand, I am a Catholic, and it doesn't bother me at all. They have their reasons, we have ours. Whether Mary was or was not has not one iota of an effect on how either group lives their lives. It falls back into that one-inch difference of who may have the better understanding.

''And that is the first thing you seem not to understand what is taught about God. He is beyond our understanding...''

''Those who understand God best are at best...''

Did you not understand you contradicted yourself in the first two sentences of your post?

I never indicated I was riled and bothered by the fact that you cannot understand the God. I do find it ironic that anyone could claim to interpret the wants, needs and intentions of the God based upon a book written by unknown authors.

You seem bothered that others point out the recent Catholic doctrine of a sinless Mary that is not a part of the Bible. Obviously, religions and their doctrines change over time so there shouldn't be any perceived attack on the dogma when questioning that dogma.

Forum List

Back