🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson Moves Toward Presidential Run

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
What a wonderful president, he'd make, beside being the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT!

dr-ben-carson-for-president.png

Ben Carson is warming to the idea of running for president. Since the famous brain surgeon retired last year from Johns Hopkins Hospital, he’s been speaking around the country to enthusiastic audiences. And they’ve affected his thinking about seeking national office.

“Over the years, there have been many attempts to get me to throw my hat in the political arena,” Carson writes in his new book, One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America’s Future. “I have been offered support from around the country and tremendous financial resources if I decide to run for national office. But I have not felt the call to run.”

Carson writes that he suspects many others interested in high office would be better candidates. But in his book he has a caveat: “If I felt called by God to officially enter the world of politics, I would certainly not hesitate to do so.”

Interviewed this week, Carson said he’s “starting to feel it. Because every place I go, it’s unbelievable.” One lady “really touched me the other night … She just kept clinging to my hand and said, ‘You have to run. You have to run.’ And so many people tell me that, and so I think I’m starting to hear something.”.....

Ben Carson Moves Toward Presidential Run | The Weekly Standard

From what I've seen of Dr. Carson, he's an inspirational example of what you can accomplish in America if you work hard and stick to principles that are time tested and proven. The story of how his mother, with her 3rd grade education, worked so hard to raise him and instill in him the importance of education is a testament for the road to success.

He seems to be a good man and would make a good inspirational leader.

Unfortunately, he seems to be too good for the cesspool of the District of Corruption. He'd be eaten alive by the slimy liberal media. He'd be a babe in a woodland filled with political wolves. If he is the man of principles he appears to be, he wouldn't take to being handled and managed by political advisors and media handlers.

It pains me to say it but America has sunk too low for a man like Dr. Carson. Everything good and decent is open game for ridicule in today's America.

"Poverty is really more of a choice more than anything else".
--Dr. Ben Carson

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've seen of Dr. Carson, he's an inspirational example of what you can accomplish in America if you work hard and stick to principles that are time tested and proven. The story of how his mother, with her 3rd grade education, worked so hard to raise him and instill in him the importance of education is a testament for the road to success.

Unfortunately, he seems to be too good for the cesspool of the District of Corruption. He'd be eaten alive by the slimy liberal media. He'd be a babe in a woodland filled with political wolves. If he is the man of principles he appears to be, he wouldn't take to being handled and managed by political advisors and media handlers.

It pains me to say it but America has sunk too low for a man like Dr. Carson. Everything good and decent is open game for ridicule in today's America.

--Dr. Ben Carson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z2sjAxi2VQ

It's quotes like that which will assure Ben Carson never becomes President.

The question is, can he hold to the Separation of Church and State? One of the last things we need is a Cheerleader for the Right Wing Fundamentalists. I just waiting for them to start in with, "Thanks God I'm not one of those Sinners."

--Dr. Ben Carson

I don't think so. You need to keep the quote in context. He explained how his Mother only had a third grade education. She worked three jobs and while working she noted that those 'rich' people were not sitting around watching TV but 'doing things' like reading. his Mom turned off the TV and made them read, he said he hated her choice.

Soon though he realized he was smarter than those people in school he use to envy for their intelligence because of his Mom's choice. He said he hated being poor but realized "poverty is really more of a choice more than anything else" and he could change his life by making a choice like that..

CaféAuLait;9119360 said:

--Dr. Ben Carson

I don't think so. You need to keep the quote in context. He explained how his Mother only had a third grade education. She worked three jobs and while working she noted that those 'rich' people were not sitting around watching TV but 'doing things' like reading. his Mom turned off the TV and made them read, he said he hated her choice.

Soon though he realized he was smarter than those people in school he use to envy for their intelligence because of his Mom's choice. He said he hated being poor but realized "poverty is really more of a choice more than anything else" and he could change his life by making a choice like that..

There is no proper context for a statement like that.

It's incorrect first off. You don't choose to be born into poverty.

And secondly? It's offensive.

The question is, can he hold to the Separation of Church and State? One of the last things we need is a Cheerleader for the Right Wing Fundamentalists. I just waiting for them to start in with, "Thanks God I'm not one of those Sinners."

Obama can invoke God's name and offer prayers but Bush or Carson must stay within the bounds of this imaginary "separation" ??

ok

CaféAuLait;9119360 said:

1. He didn't specifically say "being born into poverty". I read it as 'staying poor is a choice'

2. We don't have the right to not be offended

CaféAuLait;9119360 said:

1. He didn't specifically say "being born into poverty". I read it as 'staying poor is a choice'

He didn't say it and he didn't mean it. It's typical of the left to twist it around and misquote him, just like saying that he said "I'm not going to run, unless Jesus asks me to."

CaféAuLait;9119360 said:

No it is not in context. He spoke of his Mom's choices of making them a better family. His point was TV watching as opposed to reading. It was not offensive to anyone. No more offensive than a teacher telling a student they can choose to study or fail. That is what his Mom taught him, she made the choice for them to succeed instead of vegging in front of the TV.

Watch the interview, stop making it seem as if he was condemning people, he was speaking of his Mom and himself, no one else.

CaféAuLait;9119360 said:

1. And when you have to fish around for stuff like that, it puts on display why it's incorrect.

2. Okay. But it doesn't change the fact it's offensive. And offensive to the very people he needs votes from. See how that works?

1. And when you have to fish around for stuff like that, it puts on display why it's incorrect.

2. Okay. But it doesn't change the fact it's offensive. And offensive to the very people he needs votes from. See how that works?

How is it offensive to tell someone that they can do better for their selves?

CaféAuLait;9119383 said:
CaféAuLait;9119360 said:

No it is not in context. He spoke of his Mom's choices of making them a better family. His point was TV watching as opposed to reading. It was not offensive to anyone. No more offensive than a teacher telling a student they can choose to study or fail. That is what his Mom taught him, she made the choice for them to succeed instead of vegging in front of the TV.

Watch the interview, stop making it seem as if he was condemning people, he was speaking of his Mom and himself, no one else.

That's the thing about the bumper sticker mindset.

You have be extremely careful what goes on that bumper sticker.

Mainly? Because they don't show interviews.

Additionally, extrapolating your situation on everyone's life? That generally isn't a good idea.

Like, what if you are born into a family that is poor and doesn't value education?

How is it offensive to tell someone that they can do better for their selves?

Because in most cases that isn't even remotely true or possible.

Forum List

Back