🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson Moves Toward Presidential Run

Precisely.

Anyone who advocates for hard work and personal responsibility is just a tool of the rich man, and a black guy who does it is an Uncle Tom.

Perfect, Joe, thanks.

Stepenfetchit only got into medical school because of Affirmative Action. I know like a lot black conservatives, he likes to think he did it all on his own, but here's the thing.

Nobody does it all on their own.

Every last one of us has the advantage that someone else gives us a shot or a helping hand. That's just the reality of being a social animal.

Hey, don't worry, I'm sure the conservative movement will treat Dr. Stepenfetchit just fine until they go back and nominate another rich white guy who talks about how he likes to fire people.

"A truly moral nation enacts policies encourage personal responsibility and encourage self-destructive behavior by not subsidizing people who live irresponsibly and make poor choices."
-- Dr. Ben Carson

Holy shit, he's pretty much already sunk. That stuff is not going to fly in today's America. The victimhood industry has seen to that, he'll just be painted as a big meanie. That hateful stuff was for an America that no longer exists, the one that demonstrated the dynamic power of the individual.

Sorry. Next?

well, yeah, I guess here's the problem.

That's really great for some black guy who is trying to make a quick buck by validating the views of white bigots, but the reality is, the majority of people who are on welfare are only on it for a short time.

A lot of people who are on assistance have jobs, just not jobs that pay well enough to make ends meet. So essentially, welfare is a subsidy for WalMart and McDonalds.

Not to worry, Stepandfetchit Carson will validate your bigotry.

Precisely.

Anyone who advocates for hard work and personal responsibility is just a tool of the rich man, and a black guy who does it is an Uncle Tom.

Perfect, Joe, thanks.

I advocate for hard work and personal responsibility. Most Americans do.

What I don't do is look at someone who has had a rough life in spite of that hard work and tell them that they suck.

CaféAuLait;9119360 said:
From what I've seen of Dr. Carson, he's an inspirational example of what you can accomplish in America if you work hard and stick to principles that are time tested and proven. The story of how his mother, with her 3rd grade education, worked so hard to raise him and instill in him the importance of education is a testament for the road to success.

He seems to be a good man and would make a good inspirational leader.

Unfortunately, he seems to be too good for the cesspool of the District of Corruption. He'd be eaten alive by the slimy liberal media. He'd be a babe in a woodland filled with political wolves. If he is the man of principles he appears to be, he wouldn't take to being handled and managed by political advisors and media handlers.

It pains me to say it but America has sunk too low for a man like Dr. Carson. Everything good and decent is open game for ridicule in today's America.

"Poverty is really more of a choice more than anything else".
--Dr. Ben Carson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z2sjAxi2VQ

It's quotes like that which will assure Ben Carson never becomes President.

I don't think so. You need to keep the quote in context. He explained how his Mother only had a third grade education. She worked three jobs and while working she noted that those 'rich' people were not sitting around watching TV but 'doing things' like reading. his Mom turned off the TV and made them read, he said he hated her choice.

Soon though he realized he was smarter than those people in school he use to envy for their intelligence because of his Mom's choice. He said he hated being poor but realized "poverty is really more of a choice more than anything else" and he could change his life by making a choice like that..
. Liberals ridicule the words of Dr Carson and yours because it helps keep the poor, especially blacks who might be influenced by Carson, without hope and dependent on the Liberal plantation.

That's the best leaving the door open statement I've ever seen.

"I'm not going to run, unless Jesus asks me to."

Waiting for Jesus to talk to him? Sounds like we have another Bush on our hands.

If it's a Muslim and they say it's in Allah's hands or Allah will show me the way....
The Libs get all moist in the pants and shoot their load.

If a Christian references God or Jesus the Libs go off and them and make fun
and call them crazy...

WTF?

Precisely.

Perfect, Joe, thanks.

Stepenfetchit only got into medical school because of Affirmative Action. I know like a lot black conservatives, he likes to think he did it all on his own, but here's the thing.

Nobody does it all on their own.

Every last one of us has the advantage that someone else gives us a shot or a helping hand. That's just the reality of being a social animal.

Hey, don't worry, I'm sure the conservative movement will treat Dr. Stepenfetchit just fine until they go back and nominate another rich white guy who talks about how he likes to fire people.

Well, you didn't have a problem Obama got where he is today because of affirmative action....and all he got out of it was being some, community Agitator until you idiot's in the Democrat base fell for lines like, I will stop the seas rising and heal the planet, as if he is G-d and can do all that.

Last edited:
There is no proper context for a statement like that.

It's incorrect first off. You don't choose to be born into poverty.

And secondly? It's offensive.

1. He didn't specifically say "being born into poverty". I read it as 'staying poor is a choice'

2. We don't have the right to not be offended

1. And when you have to fish around for stuff like that, it puts on display why it's incorrect.

2. Okay. But it doesn't change the fact it's offensive. And offensive to the very people he needs votes from. See how that works?

2. His words should inspire them. Liberals will make sure they don't.

Liberals ridicule the words of Dr Carson and yours because it helps keep the poor, especially blacks who might be influenced by Carson, without hope and dependent on the Liberal plantation.

Correct.

But it works for them, it always has, and it would work against Carson.

His message is the last thing they want blacks to see, so they will do everything they can to drown it out.

Guaranteed.

What a wonderful president, he'd make, beside being the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT!

dr-ben-carson-for-president.png

Ben Carson is warming to the idea of running for president. Since the famous brain surgeon retired last year from Johns Hopkins Hospital, he’s been speaking around the country to enthusiastic audiences. And they’ve affected his thinking about seeking national office.

“Over the years, there have been many attempts to get me to throw my hat in the political arena,” Carson writes in his new book, One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America’s Future. “I have been offered support from around the country and tremendous financial resources if I decide to run for national office. But I have not felt the call to run.”

Carson writes that he suspects many others interested in high office would be better candidates. But in his book he has a caveat: “If I felt called by God to officially enter the world of politics, I would certainly not hesitate to do so.”

Interviewed this week, Carson said he’s “starting to feel it. Because every place I go, it’s unbelievable.” One lady “really touched me the other night … She just kept clinging to my hand and said, ‘You have to run. You have to run.’ And so many people tell me that, and so I think I’m starting to hear something.”.....

Ben Carson Moves Toward Presidential Run | The Weekly Standard

I love Dr. Ben Carson!

He's a role model. A brilliant surgeon. An intellectual. A good and decent, Godly man.

A fine individual and not Presidential timber.

We need to stop thinking that anyone can be POTUS.

They can't.

Dr. Carson is a fine human being. A great healer. A humble, brilliant, God fearing man.

And not right for the job.

The sooner we all get used to that reality the sooner we will be able to settle on either Ted Cruz or Trey Gowdy.

I can't wait to see Gowdey question Hillary on Benghazi.

But Cruz is no slouch either. Consider what he did to Diane Feinstein!

[

Well, you didn't have a problem Obama got where he is today because of affirmative action....and all he got out of it was being some, community Agitator until you idiot's in the Democrat base fell for lines like, I will stop the seas rising and heal the planet, as if he is G-d and can do all that.

Um, again, I voted for McCain in 2008, and only voted for Obama in 2012 because I don't want the crazy ass Mormon Cult running my country.

Now, that said, Carson and Obama are both very smart guys, but because this is a pretty racist country, affirmative action was needed to give them a chance to show what htey can do. I wish it wasn't needed, but it was 30 years ago and I would argue that it is still needed now.

Liberals ridicule the words of Dr Carson and yours because it helps keep the poor, especially blacks who might be influenced by Carson, without hope and dependent on the Liberal plantation.

Correct.

His message is the last thing they want blacks to see, so they will do everything they can to drown it out.

Guaranteed.

I'd better retract that "guaranteed" line, I'm lousy at predicting political stuff.

Either way though, you'd see a non-stop flood of hatred against this guy, especially the Uncle Tom stuff folks like JoeB would use, and it would be ugly as hell. It would be effective at least to a certain degree.

Correct.

Guaranteed.

Have you ever sat down and talked to real black people and listen to what they think about condescending Black conservatives like Carson?

Or do you just assume they are waiting for their welfare checks so they can buy new cadilacs?

Oy.
As much as I like stuff Dr Carson says, saying good things is not qualification to be president. It looks like another Herman Cain--a talented accomplished man with no political experience who gets his ass handed to him precisely for that reason. The inability of Cain's team to handle the eruption of bad news boded ill for his presidency, and I was happy it came out and he withdrew.

Correct.

Guaranteed.

Have you ever sat down and talked to real black people and listen to what they think about condescending Black conservatives like Carson?

Or do you just assume they are waiting for their welfare checks so they can buy new cadilacs?

I think that argument might be effective, and no doubt you'd have other similar tactics.

We've turned the corner on this stuff, so your argument against the idea that the individual can accomplish anything despite skin color would almost certainly win.

I'd imagine that he'd get more black votes than Romney, which wouldn't exactly take a miracle. I'd be curious to know how many blacks and white independents he could take away from the Left's victimization grip.

Enough to win? I dunno.

Oy.
As much as I like stuff Dr Carson says, saying good things is not qualification to be president. It looks like another Herman Cain--a talented accomplished man with no political experience who gets his ass handed to him precisely for that reason. The inability of Cain's team to handle the eruption of bad news boded ill for his presidency, and I was happy it came out and he withdrew.

I'm sorry dear, but it might be good to put in someone who isn't a CAREER politican

Oy.

NO, guy, the problem was not that Cain's team didn't handle bad news.

The problem was that he went around groping women while claiming to be a member of the party of "Family Values".

The big hint with this guy, was how little his wife wanted to be involved in the whole affair. She knew what was up.

Cain and Carson and Allen Keyes are exactly what you guys want. Some Token black you can put up on a stage for the debate so you can say, "See, we're not bigots. Ignore our 40 years of race-baiting."

We need Herman Cain or a Herman Cain.
Last thing we need is another doctor or lawyer in Washington.
Those 2 professions have fucked up enough already.

"A truly moral nation enacts policies encourage personal responsibility and encourage self-destructive behavior by not subsidizing people who live irresponsibly and make poor choices."
-- Dr. Ben Carson

Holy shit, he's pretty much already sunk. That stuff is not going to fly in today's America. The victimhood industry has seen to that, he'll just be painted as a big meanie. That hateful stuff was for an America that no longer exists, the one that demonstrated the dynamic power of the individual.

Sorry. Next?

well, yeah, I guess here's the problem.

That's really great for some black guy who is trying to make a quick buck by validating the views of white bigots, but the reality is, the majority of people who are on welfare are only on it for a short time.

A lot of people who are on assistance have jobs, just not jobs that pay well enough to make ends meet. So essentially, welfare is a subsidy for WalMart and McDonalds.

Not to worry, Stepandfetchit Carson will validate your bigotry.

That's the kind of comment that results in boys like you gettin their feelins hurt, JoeB.

Oh, and I certainly invalidate YOUR bigotry.

Oy.

I'm sorry dear, but it might be good to put in someone who isn't a CAREER politican

People want someone who isnt a politician and then are shocked when they dont have the experience to do what pols do.

Cain and Clarence Thomas were lynched because they are black.
And how dare Thomas marry a white woman!!
OK for liberals and not OK for conservatives.
Liberals are such tacky folks.

Forum List

Back