Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities

I don't find his concerns out of line. But Dr. Carson isn't worried about the person owning the gun; just that it could fall into the wrong hands.

That's not a crazy concern at all. I just don't agree with him.

Here's specifically what he said.

Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”

***“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”

?Conservative Hero? Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities | Mediaite

Last edited:
I like this Police Chief's argument why semi auto are necessary for his men; and the reason is just as applicable to a big city home owner.

It's quite simple. One needs to have the proper weapon to match the weapons the criminals and homicidal nut bars.

California school district gets high-powered rifles

From the article:

"I think it just further solidified the need to give our officers the tools they need to respond to an active shooter on campus," schools Police Chief Billy Green said Wednesday about the tragedy.

"If someone were to come onto one of our school campuses and kill our students ... and they were wearing body armor or were equipped with a rifle, our officers were not properly equipped to respond to the danger," Green said.

California school district gets high-powered rifles | Fox News

Last edited:
by Andrew Kirell

Appearing on Glenn Beck‘s radio show this past week, Dr. Benjamin Carson took a vastly different stance from most conservatives on the issue of gun control, claiming you shouldn’t be able to own semi-automatic weapons in large cities.

However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”

More: 'Conservative Hero' Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities - w/Video

I'm sorry, remind me again where in the constitution it distinguishes rights based on the population of your location?

Game. Set. Match.

I find it rare that I agree with every conservative, on every issue.

I do find it humorous that liberals are so narrow minded in their thinking, that they think disagreement with in the party can't exist.

It can...but those ppl are often whipped into shape..or they are dismissed by Repubs as being a RINO. Thats always a popular way to go

by Andrew Kirell

Appearing on Glenn Beck‘s radio show this past week, Dr. Benjamin Carson took a vastly different stance from most conservatives on the issue of gun control, claiming you shouldn’t be able to own semi-automatic weapons in large cities.

More: 'Conservative Hero' Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities - w/Video

I'm sorry, remind me again where in the constitution it distinguishes rights based on the population of your location?

Game. Set. Match.

The thread title is meant to inflame.

From my other post to try to clear this up.

"I don't find his concerns out of line. But Dr. Carson isn't worried about the person owning the gun; just that it could fall into the wrong hands.

That's not a crazy concern at all. I just don't agree with him. I would have explained to him the reason you need that semi is because of crazy people in the big cities. To protect yourself from the maniacs who have a semi as well.

Here's specifically what he said.

Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”

***“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

?Conservative Hero? Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities | Mediaite"

I do find it humorous that liberals are so narrow minded in their thinking, that they think disagreement with in the party can't exist.

And that's one of many reasons why they are so much like the Nazi's.

Ben Carson is a man who speaks from his own mind. He isn't trying to win favor with either party. That's why I like him. He doesn't pander.

How do the 2nd Amendment folks feel about that?

He's entitled to his opinion however wrong it is.

He seems to think that those people in large cities are doomed to stay there forevever and never have access to hunting or sports shooting areas.

He is misinformed.

And that's one of many reasons why they are so much like the Nazi's.

Vote In Lockstep ? Or Else Get Removed

In a bold (for him) move, weak leader Boehner removed three members of the “Tea Party” class of 2010: Rep. David Schweikert (R-AZ), Justin Amash (R-MI), and Tim Huelskamp (R-KS). Schweikert was told that his removalwas because his “votes were not in lockstep with leadership.”

Why would anyone think the Republicans vote in lockstep?

I think it's interesting that right-wingers don't seem to mind when one of their own selectively infringes on the 2nd Amendment. Taken at face value, Carson's comment would mean that residents of large cities have "no right" to own semi-automatic weapons - which would inherently include semi-automatic pistols.

After reading the transcript it appears that you are a liar.

Which is par for the course.

“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,”
That comment is a far cry from saying "I would ban all semi-automatic weapons". It's hardly a "gun grabbing" comment, although the liberals would like to make us THINK that's what he's saying.
Carson scares the shit out of the left, and they would love to drive a wedge to keep him from gaining power in the Republican Party.

by Andrew Kirell

1287719390.jpg
The Bergmann Mars was produced in 1901, and was the first Bergmann design aimed squarely at the military market, with a comparatively powerful 9x23mm Bergmann round. It aroused the interest of a number of armies and was the subject of several trials in competition with the Mauser C96, Mannlicher, Browning and Luger pistols.

Hmm..., When entering Dodge please check your guns at the city line, so citizens may assault, rob and kill you at their will. Chi-town and Detroit show more murders per day, per capita than the sand box. Even the Taliban show a lower death rate.

More fuel for Rand Paul. Rand Paul will be able to defeat every Republican in the 2016 race with Ted Cruz as his V.P.

I like the sound of that. I need to do more research into the 2, but you have my attention

That's that sheep mentality they are brainwashed into..

And who told mediate that Carson was some conservative hero?

I guess they can just make up anything they feel like

That make it up all the time, you disagree with a President, you are a racist, you disagree with Pelosi you hate Americans, you disagree with a Georgetown student that wants free birth control, so she can sleep around, you hate women. If a black, a women, a poor person, agrees with Conservatives. It is open season to take them out and you are allowed to use any racism, bigotry, hatred or ignorance to do so.

Liberals are very intolerant of others and their ideals. So what they are becoming.

The funny part is liberals think I should go against carson, because I might disagree with him on a point, but I think for myself. I see the liberals cannot think for themselves, this forum proves that point.

Forum List

Back