Ben Sasse has an important message for Trump supporters

So "white privilege" is something that has been gone for well over 100 years.
I don't like the term white privilege, I see it as inflammatory. Do you really not understand what it is referring to? No it hasn't been gone for well over 100 years. Civil Rights act was in the 60's. The effect of centuries of oppression doesn't just magically go away when a new law is passed
The term "white privilege" is intended to imply that I'm guilty of some kind of crime simply because I'm white.

Take your "white privilege" and stick it where the sun don't shine. The entire south suffers to this day from the crimes committed during the Civil War. You don't see anyone blubbering about "Yankee privilege," now do you?
No you are not guilty of a crime for being white. Just guilty of being a dumbshit but thats because of your posts here on the board.
That's what the term "white privilege" means, asshole. It means you should feel guilty simply because you are white. Otherwise, why use it?

Not only do you accuse white people of having committed a crime of some kind, you deny that you are accusing them of it.

Why should anyone give a fuck about "white privilege" if it doesn't mean white people are guilty of something that they need to make amends for?
I view the term as this way. When we play basketball and someone sprains an ankle and cannot move as well do I have two leg privilege? No, he has one leg disadvantage. We are all born with advantages and disadvantages in life. The only true privilege in America is economic privilege. As I always tell my kids, this country is not systemically racist and they don't have white privilege. There is nothing that a black young person cannot legally do in this country that they can.
There is a difference between spraining your ankle and somebody contributing to it getting sprained. Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or access or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the systemic oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change with the signing of legislation. Right?
Tiger Woods just got that deer in the head light look when reading your post. So he was just ALLOWED by white's to play the game eh ? And that Bubba nascar fake noose dude was just ALLOWED to drive that nascar eh ? And that Smollett character was just ALLOWED by those maga hat wearer's to get away that night eh ? We could go on and on and on, but you get the point. Point being it's all bullcrap.

I don't like the term white privilege, I see it as inflammatory. Do you really not understand what it is referring to? No it hasn't been gone for well over 100 years. Civil Rights act was in the 60's. The effect of centuries of oppression doesn't just magically go away when a new law is passed
The term "white privilege" is intended to imply that I'm guilty of some kind of crime simply because I'm white.

Take your "white privilege" and stick it where the sun don't shine. The entire south suffers to this day from the crimes committed during the Civil War. You don't see anyone blubbering about "Yankee privilege," now do you?
No you are not guilty of a crime for being white. Just guilty of being a dumbshit but thats because of your posts here on the board.
That's what the term "white privilege" means, asshole. It means you should feel guilty simply because you are white. Otherwise, why use it?

Not only do you accuse white people of having committed a crime of some kind, you deny that you are accusing them of it.

Why should anyone give a fuck about "white privilege" if it doesn't mean white people are guilty of something that they need to make amends for?
I view the term as this way. When we play basketball and someone sprains an ankle and cannot move as well do I have two leg privilege? No, he has one leg disadvantage. We are all born with advantages and disadvantages in life. The only true privilege in America is economic privilege. As I always tell my kids, this country is not systemically racist and they don't have white privilege. There is nothing that a black young person cannot legally do in this country that they can.
Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the system oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change. with the signing of legislation. Right?
#1) I hate Golf. Best ever golfer = Tiger Woods. I guess? I do not watch Golf. It is a VERY expensive sport. I would state that very few white players if any come from a working class family background. It is a game for the wealthy just like polo.
#2) 6% of the US population consists of black males but they represent 85% of the NBA and 70% of the NFL, respectively. Some people are just better at sports than others. There are more Jewish NFL owners than players. We all have our core competencies I guess? But statistics can also be misleading.
#3) The primary reason for black disadvantage is the single family unit. In the 60s only 20% of Black Families had one parent, today it is 75%. We are not more racist today than we were in the 60s, I don't think so anyway but Gov't programs and such have festered to create this dynamic. In fact a black child with two parents is more likely to be successful than a white child with one parent. This is why Jews and Asians are the most successful, lowest number of single family homes. Close knit family structures.
#4) We have racist people in America and the world but blacks are the most affluent in America. This is the best place for black and white folks IMO but especially for black folks. Europe is dangerously racist.
#5) I believe if we treated everyone equally and not provide special programs for blacks, Hispanics, women, Asians, etc., we would all be better off. I am a Jew and I do not want any programs to help specifically Jews. I would find that abominable. Just treat everyone fairly. I believe capitalism does that as best it can. Notice how many no longer consider Asians to be minorities and even Harvard is turning them away because of the level of wealth and prosperity they achieved in America...wealthiest class.
Fair points... I brought up golf exactly for the reasons you laid out. You are wrong though it is an amazing game... But it is expensive and it takes a lot of time and thats largely why it is dominated by whites. Yes, Tiger Woods is perhaps the best golfer ever and he is Black. Most other major sports in this country are dominated by Blacks so we know they have incredible athletic ability but they dominate in sports that they can play in their neighborhoods, that don't require expensive equipment, polo shirts, and the kind of expenses that golf and other sports require. It is an example of how money and power effect social standing, access, and opportunity.

I agree with you in the most part when it comes to race specific programs. I think it better to focus programs on income level and impoverished areas. Infrastructure and education being the most important elements. I agree on the importance of the family unit, and I agree that America is still a country that represents equal opportunity for all. That doesn't mean we don't have problems and that we can't do better.

I will make one more point. For generations the power structure has been held by whites. That means whites has the most control over making our laws and regulations and shaping the course of our society. Minorities were systematically oppressed for a long time and have not had the opportunity to grow into the positions of power and wealth as whites. These things take time and often generations to get there. I do support programs that can give voice to these minorities. The kind of voice that those who do have money, wealth and power have. So in that aspect I so support racially focused programs.

Do you not thing that Biden will be speaking out for those minorities?
Yes I think he will make an effort to give them voice. He already has through the people he has appointed into power within his administration. Kudos for that
Yeah if he didn't appoint them because he is nothing but a race baiting, hide behind the minorities, corrupt politician whose been playing the game ever since his days of supporting the klansman, but it's ok, because undoubtedly the black's (certain one's), will take it any way they can get it.

There is a difference between spraining your ankle and somebody contributing to it getting sprained. Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or access or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the systemic oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change with the signing of legislation. Right?
Tiger Woods just got that deer in the head light look when reading your post. So he was just ALLOWED by white's to play the game eh ? And that Bubba nascar fake noose dude was just ALLOWED to drive that nascar eh ? And that Smollett character was just ALLOWED by those maga hat wearer's to get away that night eh ? We could go on and on and on, but you get the point. Point being it's all bullcrap.
His point is that golf is a rich man’s sport and most of the wealth is held by whites and Asians. It’s fine. But legally you’re correct. Anyone can play golf if they can afford it.

His point is that golf is a rich man’s sport and most of the wealth is held by whites and Asians. It’s fine. But legally you’re correct. Anyone can play golf if they can afford it.
Last I checked all across America we have the pro-courses, the medium pro-courses, the taxpayers paid for County operated courses, and so on. It's not a rich mans game to play anymore, but rich people do play it, support it, and build private clubs for themselves, but being jealous of that is just what it is (being jealous), and nothing more.

When a poor kid of any color looks through the fence, he shouldn't get mad, but rather he should be thinking "ONE DAY".

Last I checked all across America we have the pro-courses, the medium pro-courses, the taxpayers paid for County operated courses, and so on. It's not a rich mans game to play anymore, but rich people do play it, support it, and build private clubs for themselves, but being jealous of that is just what it is (being jealous), and nothing more.

When a poor kid of any color looks through the fence, he shouldn't get mad, but rather he should be thinking "ONE DAY".
Even on a public course you’re paying at least $40 and you need shoes and clubs, not cheap. You also need to play a lot to get good and have the time...not easy for those who aren’t wealthy or at least middle class.

Even on a public course you’re paying at least $40 and you need shoes and clubs, not cheap. You also need to play a lot to get good and have the time...not easy for those who aren’t wealthy or at least middle class.
Not sure where you live, but I take my walmart specials, go to the county run course, and have a super fun time. Sure I might not be using PING, but it's ok because you can't miss what you never had, and besides it's not in the clubs, but rather it's in the skills of one who is using them. :)

Not sure where you live, but I take my walmart specials, go to the county run course, and have a super fun time. Sure I might not be using PING, but it's ok because you can't miss what you never had, and besides it's not in the clubs, but rather it's in the skills of one who is using them. :)
How are you not sure where I live? It’s in my profile.

A lot of things seem to be going over this guys head :)

Those Republicans like Sasse that voted with the despicable Democrats yesterday should be expelled from the Senate. Talk about giving aid and comfort to the enemy of America.

How come no Democrat ever sways from the filthy destructive Democrat Party Line but we always have traitorous Republicans?

This is a farce. Like I have been saying for a long time. Nothing more than the Democrats deflecting the public discussion off the fact they stole the election.

I am ashamed of my country.

I don't go snooping around in anyone's profiles or business. If it's in a post in the open forum being discussed for whatever reason by the owner of such information then fine, but I could care less where anyone lives etc. Anyway, why did you pick that as the jest of my post ?? Who cares where any of you live ? I sure don't.

I don't go snooping around in anyone's profiles or business. If it's in a post in the open forum being discussed for whatever reason by the owner of such information then fine, but I could care less where anyone lives etc. Anyway, why did you pick that as the jest of my post ?? Who cares where any of you live ? I sure don't.
It’s right there in every One of my posts!?$?

What is ?

What is ?
My location

Forum List

Back