Ben Shapiro: Why I’m Leaving California

First the "Progressives" ruin the local school district, then the ruin the city council, then they ruin the city, then they ruin the state.......then they ruin the country

If not for Progressives, then things would be back like they were in 1776, with slavery, women and landless men unable to vote, etc.
We should thank Progressives.
If they had not invented things like unions, then the only alternative would have been communism.

Your history teacher should've been fired

It's not just him but I think it's funny why anyone thinks anyone cares where they live.
Flagging that money is leaving the state. This is 'another one' leaving.

California isn't going to even note he left.
Until it becomes an even larger migration.

It has been an even larger migration for the ones who pay most of the taxes
Yep, and as it increased, California can either wake up to that, or go even more broke. Either way, I left California in 98 just as it was starting to get bad and I have no plans of ever going back.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
It's not just him but I think it's funny why anyone thinks anyone cares where they live.

Until it becomes an even larger migration.

People come, people go.

And in Kalifornia the "people go" includes a disproportionate number of the wealthy and business owners who pay most of the taxes

Ever hear of the drip, drip, drip scenario?

It's California. People will come and people will go.

LeBron James Buys Beverly Hills Mansion for $36 Mil from Soap Opera Legend

And?

And?

And? People come and people go. No one cares.

And?

Yeah they do care, not everyone will leave, but there is a lot of money leaving the state.
The states debt will continue to rise and as the state taxes continue to rise, most of the
'money' will be leaving going forward.
LeBron is there for one reason...a particular job. Have you wondered if he will remain
there after his retirement?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

And?

Well, since LaBron signed with the Lakers in LA ...

Kalifornia has had a flood of high tax payers flooding out. Go ahead and pretend that isn't happening.

That's why Kalifornia has started this thing about taxing residents for 10 years ... after they leave ...

And?

Yeah they do care, not everyone will leave, but there is a lot of money leaving the state.
The states debt will continue to rise and as the state taxes continue to rise, mote of the
LeBron is there for one reason...a particular job. Have you wondered if he will remain

He has three houses there and wants to be a media mogul so yes, he is likely going to stay.

And?

The states debt will continue to rise and as the state taxes continue to rise, mote of the

He has three houses there and wants to be a media mogul so yes, he is likely going to stay.
So it's a particular job that keeps him.
And, I'm assuming from your post that he is going to work and forgo retirement until he dies. got it

And?

So it's a particular job that keeps him.
And, I'm assuming from your post that he is going to work and forgo retirement until he dies. got it

I imagine he will continue to work after his playing days are over. I'm not sure the relevance there but whatever.

California is the most populous state in the Union; we have more than 10% of our nation's population. No one will miss a few curmudgeon's:

The fires will burn out; the smoke will clear and the earth may quake but we will not fall into the Pacific Ocean.

Like me, he wisely fled. Hits most of the key points without mentioning 49 other states have electricity and drinking water and don’t let their State burn all year. He’s taking his 75 employees with him as well as all of the taxes him and his employees paid.

“....... And still, the state legislature is dominated by Democrats. California is not on a trajectory toward recovery; it is on a trajectory toward oblivion. Taxpayers are moving out -- now including my family and my company. In 2019, before the pandemic and the widespread rioting and looting, outmigration jumped 38%, rising for the seventh straight year. That number will increase again this year.

I want my kids to grow up safe. I want them to grow up in a community with a future, with more freedom and safety than I grew up with. California makes that impossible. So, goodbye, Golden State. Thanks for the memories.”

This has as much value as a "goodbye" thread on USMB..

First the "Progressives" ruin the local school district, then the ruin the city council, then they ruin the city, then they ruin the state.......then they ruin the country

If not for Progressives, then things would be back like they were in 1776, with slavery, women and landless men unable to vote, etc.
We should thank Progressives.
If they had not invented things like unions, then the only alternative would have been communism.
no, the Left is opposed to democracy

It is exactly the same phenomenon that led to the "Flight to Suburbia" a generation ago.

Leftists take over the city and it becomes so oppressive that the people who CAN leave do so. What remains is the ones who are too poor to leave and those who are rich enough not to give a shit.

Which is basically what California is becoming.

Forum List

Back