"Benjamin Golden," the guy who attacked the Uber driver, is suing. <snicker>

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Benjamin Golden, ex-Taco Bell exec, sues Uber driver he beat up on viral video

A former Taco Bell executive who lost his job after a viral dashcam video showed him violently beating an Uber driver is now suing the driver for $5 million, accusing him of illegally recording the incident.
Benjamin Golden, 32, said the driver, Edward Caban, is to blame for any injuries he suffered during the Oct. 30 incident in Costa, Mesa, California, according to court documents.

Mr. Golden’s lawyer, Courtney Pilchman, told CNBC that she will seek to have the video of the attack barred from evidence in the criminal case against Mr. Golden, alleging that the video was illegally recorded
-----------------------------------------------------------
So, thus guy "Benjamin Golden" (big nose and all) is suing the driver. Represented by his LAWYA Courtney Pilchman.
Love it when people fall into their stereotypes, don't you?

Love it when people fall into their stereotypes, don't you?

What are the stereotypes?
tumblr_mam5rgPbCS1rdns3wo1_400.gif

Not sure who I don't feel sorry for. Drunk Executive Asshole or Uber Driver scabbing out legitimate taxi drivers.

The driver deserved to get his ass kicked IMO.

for what? :cuckoo:
He didn't perform the job he was hired to do. And he put a passenger in danger. And that is before he illegally assaulted his victim with a chemical weapon. That is felonious assault.

That driver should be in prison.

he threw a belligerent drunk out of his car -- which he had every right to do.

and then he protected himself from the belligerent drunk.... which he had every right to do.

He didn't perform the job he was hired to do. And he put a passenger in danger. And that is before he illegally assaulted his victim with a chemical weapon. That is felonious assault.

and then he protected himself from the belligerent drunk.... which he had every right to do.
Wrong.

The passenger was defending himself from a kidnapper.

Wrong.

Wait, telling someone to get out of your car is carrying them off by force or fraud? I'd love to hear that explanation.

Wrong.

Wait, telling someone to get out of your car is carrying them off by force or fraud? I'd love to hear that explanation.

he only used force when the guy punched him from the back seat.

you mean he should have let the drunk beat him?

Wrong.

Can you explain how the driver kidnapped this bastard?

Wrong.

Why would you think I meant that? I didn't criticize the driver in any way: he did nothing wrote g.

Wrong.

Can you explain how the driver kidnapped this bastard?

he didn't

Wrong.

What a crock of shit!

Not sure who I don't feel sorry for. Drunk Executive Asshole or Uber Driver scabbing out legitimate taxi drivers.

Scabs my ass. I am not sure what the taxi service is like in your area but in my city they have sucked for decades now. You'll call for a cab and they just won't show up. Call again, if they answer, you get some mouthy ass that hangs up on you. A sharp decline in service and people skills is what lead to the competition and I welcome it with both arms.

Wrong.

Obviously there was a legally binding verbal contract between the cab driver and the passenger to take him from point A to point B. Instead, he took him somewhere else in the middle of the night.

It's kidnapping.

The piece of shit driver should be prosecuted and spend the rest of his life in prison. He's a fucking scumbag.

Forum List

Back