Berkeley, home of anti-free speech and snowflakes

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
I heard about this on evil rightwing talk radio and just had to look it up myself. While we are all accustomed to anti-free speech by the left and threats of violence or downright having events cancelled, this article about Ben Shapiro's visit is very telling about snowflakes. Here is what caught my attention:

"A number of university buildings near Zellerbach Hall, the event’s location, will be closed that afternoon. In order to pass through security barriers, people will have to show tickets for the speech.

The university also is offering counseling to students and faculty worried about the event, which is being held at the invitation of the Berkeley College Republicans."

Berkeley braces for right-wing talk show host Ben Shapiro's visit

Offering counseling to students and faculty worried about the event. Can you imagine that? If anybody needs counseling because of a speaker at a college, HTF are they going to handle the real world once they are exposed to it?

I think we should change the term from snowflakes to wet paper towels. After all, a paper towel is useless to hold any kind of weight once wet.

It's also very telling of the difference between left and right thinking:

Liberal: an event that upsets me is being held here.
Solution: seek counseling and prepare for sleepless nights.

Conservative: an event that upsets me is being held here.
Solution: ignore it, don't attend, and watch television instead.

Conservatives spend months bitching that liberals aren't doing enough to protect their hate-speech... and now you're bitching that liberals are doing TOO much to protect your hate speech? Fuckin' A.

Conservatives spend months bitching that liberals aren't doing enough to protect their hate-speech... and now you're bitching that liberals are doing TOO much to protect your hate speech? Fuckin' A.

Do you really mean to say "diminish" their hate speech?

And how is offering counseling protecting hate speech, especially when you don't even know what Shapiro is going to talk about?

Conservatives want to wipe out anyone that goes against their 18th century life style choices. Seriously, some of them won't be happy until gays, trans and some religions are lined up against a wall and killed.

The sick bastards wouldn't know freedom of speech if it shot them straight in the ass!

Conservatives want to wipe out anyone that goes against their 18th century life style choices. Seriously, some of them won't be happy until gays, trans and some religions are lined up against a wall and killed.

The sick bastards wouldn't know freedom of speech if it shot them straight in the ass!

You lefties somehow confused nihilistic narcissism with freedom.

I have no problem with those… How about separation of normal and crazy?

And how is offering counseling protecting hate speech, especially when you don't even know what Shapiro is going to talk about?
Shapiro is a very public figure. Everybody knows exactly what he's going to talk about, because he talks about it every day. Liberals are going out of their way to protect your hate speech. Stop bitching.

If White Supremacists claimed they would riot at every class, Berkeley would be forced to shut down....by their own standards.

The Nazis and KKK fucks should call Berkely's bluff.

We all know what this is...Berkeley doesn't want dissenting opinions expressed. Period.

Shapiro is a very public figure. Everybody knows exactly what he's going to talk about, because he talks about it every day. Liberals are going out of their way to protect your hate speech. Stop bitching.

Your liberal friends are protecting themselves from the mean scary words, you dumb fat ugly pig.

This has gotten so near the point of insanity, that you have to expect some Moderate Democrats, a few at least, to start sneaking out of the closet...and saying--enough is enough....before too much longer.

John F. Kennedy would be disgusted.

Maybe I just don't understand what you're trying to say. How is it liberals are going out of their way to protect MY hate speech? Counseling snowflakes is protecting my hate speech? How?

Maybe I just don't understand what you're trying to say. How is it liberals are going out of their way to protect MY hate speech? Counseling snowflakes is protecting my hate speech? How?
Counseling? Is counseling stopping your hate speech?

You want Berkeley to leave Shapiro's event in the hands of the people of Berkeley instead? Me too.

This has gotten so near the point of insanity, that you have to expect some Moderate Democrats, a few at least, to start sneaking out of the closet...and saying--enough is enough....before too much longer.

You hit on a very strong point.

Liberals are scared of conservatives speaking their ideas. Why? Because conservatism is pragmatism. Some of their liberal listeners may just say "Wait a minute, that really makes sense!"

Conservatives on the other hand welcome liberal speech. We want as many people as possible to understand what liberalism is all about. We want them to speak it loud and often.

^ Whoa, triggered :itsok:

Accurate depiction of you:
trigglypuff.jpg

You want Berkeley to leave Shapiro's event in the hands of the people of Berkeley instead? Me too.

I never said counseling is stopping rightwing speech. What I asked you is how counseling protecting rightwing speech.

You hit on a very strong point.

Liberals are scared of conservatives speaking their ideas. Why? Because conservatism is pragmatism. Some of their liberal listeners may just say "Wait a minute, that really makes sense!"

Conservatives on the other hand welcome liberal speech. We want as many people as possible to understand what liberalism is all about. We want them to speak it loud and often.

This, exactly. I love when Progs speak and show how insane and anti American their beliefs are.

I don't want any speech limited. Jennifer Lawrence should be able to blame Harvey and Irma on Trump.

I never said counseling is stopping rightwing speech. What I asked you is how counseling protecting rightwing speech.

Oh I guess we're pretending your OP didn't bitch about building closures and security barriers.

A magnet for conservative hate is going to one of the hearts of the liberal movement, for no other reason than publicity and to shit on the beliefs of the locals... and the liberal locals are going out of their way to protect the event... and you're bitching about it.

Oh I guess we're pretending your OP didn't bitch about building closures and security barriers.

A magnet for conservative hate is going to one of the hearts of the liberal movement, for no other reason than publicity and to shit on the beliefs of the locals... and the liberal locals are going out of their way to protect the event... and you're bitching about it.

Stupid cow, he's not bitching...he's making fun of your liberal safe spaces.

Forum List

Back