Berkeley Riots - A Liberal View

I am a Liberal, and think the riots that took place at the Berkeley campus were totally wrong headed. These misguided rioters violated the very principles that claim to cherish. I very much disagree with the Breitbart mentality, however to deny this person the right to speak will not help the Liberals or their political movement. Liberals claim to cherish free thinking and freedom of expression, it's time they start practicing what they preach. This was just plain dumb!

According to press reports, the University took every reasonable measure to ensure that Yiannopoulos could speak, they provided campus security personnel and an area for protestors to protest peacefully and apparently all was going smoothly until 150 or so outside agitators dressed in all black showed up and triggered the "riot".

So it would be unfair to to blame this one on the University or the student body in general, the University did as much as it could to protect freedom of expression and the bulk of the student body (including those that were protesting peacefully in the designated area) weren't the ones perpetrating this craziness. I think it would behoove "liberals" to find out exactly where these black garbed agitators came from and roundly condemn whatever organization/cause they represent; since they and those like them are the ones that are making you folks look bad. ;)

I am a Liberal, and think the riots that took place at the Berkeley campus were totally wrong headed. These misguided rioters violated the very principles that claim to cherish. I very much disagree with the Breitbart mentality, however to deny this person the right to speak will not help the Liberals or their political movement. Liberals claim to cherish free thinking and freedom of expression, it's time they start practicing what they preach. This was just plain dumb!

According to press reports, the University took every reasonable measure to ensure that Yiannopoulos could speak, they provided campus security personnel and an area for protestors to protest peacefully and apparently all was going smoothly until 150 or so outside agitators dressed in all black showed up and triggered the "riot".

So it would be unfair to to blame this one on the University or the student body in general, the University did as much as it could to protect freedom of expression and the bulk of the student body (including those that were protesting peacefully in the designated area) weren't the ones perpetrating this craziness. I think it would behoove "liberals" to find out exactly where these black garbed agitators came from and roundly condemn whatever organization/cause they represent; since they and those like them are the ones that are making you folks look bad. ;)
Why were the police told to stand down? Allowing the destruction of property and failing to take action to stop it, should result in prosecutions against those who prevented the police from stopping it.

Most likely a left wing criminal politician.

The problem is that the progressive movement has been taken over by leftists. They very much influence the scope and direction of the movement, the squeaky wheel gets the grease sort of thing.

History is full of examples of what happens next with leftists. They want/demand more and more power and control because their god is the state. The greater good is their battle cry. They are the antithesis to what founded this country. Freedom. Individuality. The right to pursue your dreams and be what you can be.

No man is an island and we do need government to create and manage a stable secure environment with borders, protection from foreign and domestic threats, law enforcement and emergency services.

But the bigger government gets the less freedoms we enjoy and the smaller the private sector becomes guess who feeds the whole works? We reached a tipping point and need to get back on track.

I wouldn't be so quick to give the non violent ones a pass. The created the atmosphere. They were there protesting free speech like liberals are protesting democracy. If you create a hostile environment of intolerance, you made the power keg so feigning shock and surprise when some dipstick lights the fuse comes at no surprise.

I was cool with the violence. (We're at war so to speak) but they should have let him speak. It was hypocritical and it was a violation of free speech.

I was cool with the violence. (We're at war so to speak) but they should have let him speak. It was hypocritical and it was a violation of free speech.
When will you liberals start shooting?

That makes you a malcontent. It isn't your property to destroy or your health to take. Supporting it makes you no better. You picked a stupid battle to fight, your side is wrong on every level and your alligator mouth can't cash the checks your paper mache ass writes.

That makes you a malcontent. It isn't your property to destroy or your health to take. Supporting it makes you no better. You picked a stupid battle to fight, your side is wrong on every level and your alligator mouth can't cash the checks your paper mache ass writes.
Great. I'm a malcontent and you're a deplorable

I heard the same thing on the news yesterday and posted it on this thread.

Berkley wasn't to blame. It was those 150 who were bussed in that were.

After you push the trigger

Where am I pushing it to?

Sir, you make no sense.

Are you admitting that you agree with Mrs. Clinton's comments on Trump voters?

You do know she is a confirmed liar...right?

No, you're a malcontent, I'm a patriot. You don't believe in America, I do.

Sir, you make no sense.
Indeed....

Are you admitting that you agree with Mrs. Clinton's comments on Trump voters?

You do know she is a confirmed liar...right?
I'm well aware that Hillary Clinton is a lying sack of shit, yes.

And rape kit

-Geaux

rape-kit-cartoon.jpg

Forum List

Back