Bernie Sanders espouses more Christian values than any of the other presidential candidates

I don't think Jesus wanted people to be FORCED against their will to take care of other people. He taught they should want to do it out of the goodness of their hearts. You know, being a Christian. A Christian doesn't mean "involuntary servitude" and forced "wealth redistribution".
==========
What < you > think doesn't matter too much.

Society has LEARNED through thousands of years of history, that people are greedy and selfish and most DO NOT give voluntarily.

Those who claim they should not be forced to give are the very ones who MUST be forced to give.

They just claim they shouldn't be forced because they are unwilling to give in the first place and, if not forced, would not help anyone. They would not give their grandmother 50 cents.

THEY ARE ASSHOLES who should be executed --- well that might be a bit much :)
Americans give record $295B to charity - USATODAY.com
YOU believe it
===============
And that's a drop in the bucket.
How much should other people donate their money, according to you?
300 billion isn't enough? Goddamn, greedy much?

Remember when Jesus chided the Romans to pay their "Fair share" and railed against the Roman 1%?

Yeah, me neither

You've clearly forgotten Matthew 22:37-39.

Not to mention Matthew 19:24, Mark 10:25, and Luke 18:25.

When you've studied those, there are plenty more where they came from.

The verse was said and meant for people of that time. Whether it is applicable to our time is a different subject, but there is no doubt that it was intended for people of that time. Crusader Frank said Jesus never "railed against the 1%" , and that verse demonstrated that he did. Your effort to misdirect is noted.
James 5:5
You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.

But God is the judge, not you. No where does he say to take their money, quite the contrary in fact. The reward is in heaven, not your neighbor's pockets.

Whether God is the judge has nothing to do with the claim that Jesus never spoke against the 1%.
Where does it say 1%? Is that in the Authorized Libtard Version?

I ask again. Who do you think he was talking about? Couldn't have been me as was claimed before.
I didn't claim it was you who Jesus referred to. Lots more rich people than the top 1%, you just selected them because it's popular. But you missed the point:

"But God is the judge, not you. No where does he say to take their money, quite the contrary in fact. The reward is in heaven, not your neighbor's pockets."

The verse was said and meant for people of that time. Whether it is applicable to our time is a different subject, but there is no doubt that it was intended for people of that time. Crusader Frank said Jesus never "railed against the 1%" , and that verse demonstrated that he did. Your effort to misdirect is noted.
You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.

But God is the judge, not you. No where does he say to take their money, quite the contrary in fact. The reward is in heaven, not your neighbor's pockets.

Whether God is the judge has nothing to do with the claim that Jesus never spoke against the 1%.

I ask again. Who do you think he was talking about? Couldn't have been me as was claimed before.
I didn't claim it was you who Jesus referred to. Lots more rich people than the top 1%, you just selected them because it's popular. But you missed the point:

"But God is the judge, not you. No where does he say to take their money, quite the contrary in fact. The reward is in heaven, not your neighbor's pockets."

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? ...

Remember when Jesus chided the Romans to pay their "Fair share" and railed against the Roman 1%?

Yeah, me neither

Matthew 22:37-39New International Version (NIV)
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’a]">[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.

Matthew 19:24New International Version (NIV)
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

Mark 10:25New International Version (NIV)
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

Luke 18:25New International Version (NIV)
25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

What's that got to do with taxing the rich? I studied it for at least 20 years so maybe I missing something?

What's that got to do with taxing the rich?

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? ...
The question was

You are not making any sense.

I didn't say you claimed that, only that it had been claimed. It was MisterBeale who made that claim. Jesus did say we should pay our taxes, and that seems to be what you are complaining about. If you want to discuss what those taxes go for, your point doesn't hold water. The point that taxes (taking money from individuals for public good) are reasonable has already been covered. If you want to argue that Jesus says we shouldn't help the poor, I would be very interested in hearing how you go about that.

Yeah, me neither

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’a]">[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.

24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

What's that got to do with taxing the rich? I studied it for at least 20 years so maybe I missing something?

Are you against all taxes or just taxes for the rich?

10404274_1127033313990168_7520577360656499258_n.jpg

I didn't say you claimed that, only that it had been claimed. It was MisterBeale who made that claim. Jesus did say we should pay our taxes, and that seems to be what you are complaining about. If you want to discuss what those taxes go for, your point doesn't hold water. The point that taxes (taking money from individuals for public good) are reasonable has already been covered. If you want to argue that Jesus says we shouldn't help the poor, I would be very interested in hearing how you go about that.
When did I complain about paying taxes? When did Jesus say take from the rich and give to the poor?

When did I complain about paying taxes? When did Jesus say take from the rich and give to the poor?

OK. I see you are confused, and need to go through it a step at the time. Tell me. Do you agree that taxes, in general, are reasonable and should be used for the good of the country? Is your main problem with the amount that is taken from each particular group? We will get to the rest later, but lets start here.

images

Bernie Sanders espouses more Christian values than any of the other presidential candidates

Yes, except the one zinger: gay marriage: which sends the person who refuses to oppose it to the pit of fire for eternity (Jude 1 of the New Testament) or sends a person to jail for refusing to disobey Jude 1...

And as it turns out, even if Sanders had 20 better Christian values than the rest of the candidates, that one zinger is a deal-killer.

OK. I see you are confused, and need to go through it a step at the time. Tell me. Do you agree that taxes, in general, are reasonable and should be used for the good of the country? Is your main problem with the amount that is taken from each particular group? We will get to the rest later, but lets start here.
You're the one that's confused, not me. You are trying to (mis)use the Bible to justify taxation. That means you are advocating a theocracy. The fact that you still don't get it helps explain why you're a liberal.

You're the one that's confused, not me. You are trying to (mis)use the Bible to justify taxation. That means you are advocating a theocracy. The fact that you still don't get it helps explain why you're a liberal.

I can discuss taxation of the rich in biblical terms or in secular terms. Which are you less afraid of?

Yeah, me neither

To the not-very-smart, clearly nothing.

Try wiggling out of Matthew 22:21.

Forum List

Back