Bernie Sanders espouses more Christian values than any of the other presidential candidates

...since I haven't complained about my taxes...

Ever?
I've had better discussions with 5 year olds. Seriously.

That's nice. Did you tell them if Jesus wanted you to pay 99% of your income to Caesar, you'd be cool with it?
The point went right over your head, predictably. Jesus' kingdom is not man's kingdom. Why would he set tax rates for anyone? Plus, I'm not a Christian so you still haven't gotten anything right.

I don't think Jesus wanted people to be FORCED against their will to take care of other people. He taught they should want to do it out of the goodness of their hearts. You know, being a Christian. A Christian doesn't mean "involuntary servitude" and forced "wealth redistribution".
Hed want us to speak up against corruption. That's what he died over, remember?

Actually, he died for trying to incite rebellion against the state. Not entirely unlike LaVoy Finicum. So I think I'll pass on Jesus like candidates.

Actually, you're wrong. He died for not speaking one way or the other at all.

Jesus' kingdom is not man's kingdom. Why would he set tax rates for anyone?

You said Caesar had the right to set taxes from 1-99%, and Jesus was fine with that.

(You also said you knew taxes in the Roman Empire were lower than yours, but you're unable to prove it.)

The verse was said and meant for people of that time. Whether it is applicable to our time is a different subject, but there is no doubt that it was intended for people of that time. Crusader Frank said Jesus never "railed against the 1%" , and that verse demonstrated that he did. Your effort to misdirect is noted.
James 5:5
You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.

But God is the judge, not you. No where does he say to take their money, quite the contrary in fact. The reward is in heaven, not your neighbor's pockets.

Whether God is the judge has nothing to do with the claim that Jesus never spoke against the 1%. Again, your attempt to misdirect is noted.
But as I stated, later on in the chapter, he even warns his people against judging and envying those who have this wealth, for it is not for them to be concerned with that wealth, as you are clearly doing. . . .

You said Caesar had the right to set taxes from 1-99%, and Jesus was fine with that.

(You also said you knew taxes in the Roman Empire were lower than yours, but you're unable to prove it.)
I said nothing about how fine he was with taxes. He may have thought they were too high, the story doesn't say. I told you I wasn't out to educate you, I'm here proving you're a fucking idiot.

Bernie Sanders espouses more Christian values than any of the other presidential candidates

Yes, except the one zinger: gay marriage: which sends the person who refuses to oppose it to the pit of fire for eternity (Jude 1 of the New Testament) or sends a person to jail for refusing to disobey Jude 1...

And as it turns out, even if Sanders had 20 better Christian values than the rest of the candidates, that one zinger is a deal-killer.

ON top of that, he's an IMPERIALIST war monger.

Last edited:

I said nothing about how fine he was with taxes. He may have thought they were too high, the story doesn't say. I told you I wasn't out to educate you, I'm here proving you're a fucking idiot.

Even you can't get "Render unto Caesar" to say anything other than "Render unto Caesar," but you're welcome to keep tap-dancing. :popcorn:

Remember when Jesus chided the Romans to pay their "Fair share" and railed against the Roman 1%?

Yeah, me neither

You've clearly forgotten Matthew 22:37-39.

Not to mention Matthew 19:24, Mark 10:25, and Luke 18:25.

When you've studied those, there are plenty more where they came from.
Matthew 22:37-39New International Version (NIV)
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’a]">[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.

Matthew 19:24New International Version (NIV)
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

Mark 10:25New International Version (NIV)
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

Luke 18:25New International Version (NIV)
25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

What's that got to do with taxing the rich? I studied it for at least 20 years so maybe I missing something?

What's that got to do with taxing the rich?

To the not-very-smart, clearly nothing.

Try wiggling out of Matthew 22:21.

Clearly you are either A) an atheist or B) a materialist

Because you don't get what is meant by that verse.

The Christ is neither endorsing nor condemning taxation. But you just don't get that.

Mark 4:9
Revelation 3:22
Matthew 13:9
Matthew 11:15

Forum List

Back