Bernie Sanders Says He Would Let Boston Marathon Bomber, Sex Predators And Murderers Vote

He said he believes it is a slippery slope, once you normalize taking away a citizen's vote, then the next category of citizens you don't like or can demonize can be subject to losing their vote, as well....

He believes the Son of Sam should vote. Crazy Bernie is living up to his moniker.
he said prisoners should vote - people who want to mock him are pulling up extreme names to use as an example. this "proxy quoting" sure can confuse things and lead to "fake news".
Why does Bernie want the son of Sam, Charles Manson and Boston Bomber voting?
dunno. those are better questions for him and maybe he has more ideas around it. but i would ask him those questions and concerns before i said "bernie wants to let son of sam vote!" because that is taking what *is* said and putting "max drama" to it and i think that horse is long since dead and i'm tired of people flogging it and making every statement *extreme* in nature.

somewhere along the way we normalized the extreme. time to put things back where they belong and stop doing that.

bernie wants inmates to vote. can we clarify his position and ask for more details on that before we nail him for the statement?

that said - saying we need to rebuild america from the ground up in 10 years - ok - that's stupid from the word go.
Bernie and Harris are calling for Charles Manson to vote.

Maybe they should think for a change if they think that’s not a good idea.
well the dems have long since allowed dead people to vote so this changes nothing.

I never would have connected the prison voting with race if I hadn't seen that article. I have heard that rumor before but didn't know if it was true. Sad statement.
My viewpoint is that inmates are as affected by our laws as anyone else and their right for their voice to be heard should not be interfered with. This argument has nothing to do with guns, btw, so don't keep raising that issue.
but it has to do with our rights overall to me. i *do* see a difference but don't feel someone in prison has a voice in the direction of this country. not while in prison anyway. when out - unless they were in for election fraud or something then yes - they get their rights back - time served, move on.

guns are also something that even upon release many should just lose the right to have/own. again, depending on the crime but yes, that is a different issue.

as for voting and voting alone - i don't think prisoners should be allowed. to. we keep drifting to releasing people of responsibility for poor decisions and what is going to stop people from continuing to make these decisions if we keep lessening the impact of it for "human concerns".

sooner or later we have to give "tough love" - not make things easier.
Iceberg, you didn't see my earlier post, did you? The majority -- the large majority -- of inmates don't give a damn about voting. You are not going to "punish" them further by taking it away.
well what, only 50-60% on average vote anyway? :) i didn't see the part about not caring and that's fine - appreciate the highlight of that. my question then is, if a majority of them don't care, why is bernie making it an issue to give them something they don't care about?

seems bernie could pick better talking points for his platform.
He said he believes it is a slippery slope, once you normalize taking away a citizen's vote, then the next category of citizens you don't like or can demonize can be subject to losing their vote, as well....
you mean like taking away the right to bear arms is a slippery slope? you lose that when you go to prison so apparently there *are* rights that can and are suspended while in prison.

this picking and choosing of which rights to defend gets old to me.
Yet you did just that, regarding those convicted after serving their sentence. That is not a principled position...

Iceberg, you didn't see my earlier post, did you? The majority -- the large majority -- of inmates don't give a damn about voting. You are not going to "punish" them further by taking it away.
well what, only 50-60% on average vote anyway? :) i didn't see the part about not caring and that's fine - appreciate the highlight of that. my question then is, if a majority of them don't care, why is bernie making it an issue to give them something they don't care about?

He believes the Son of Sam should vote. Crazy Bernie is living up to his moniker.
he said prisoners should vote - people who want to mock him are pulling up extreme names to use as an example. this "proxy quoting" sure can confuse things and lead to "fake news".
But why does Bernie want the son of Sam, Charles Manson and Boston Bomber voting?

Why does Bernie want the son of Sam, Charles Manson and Boston Bomber voting?
dunno. those are better questions for him and maybe he has more ideas around it. but i would ask him those questions and concerns before i said "bernie wants to let son of sam vote!" because that is taking what *is* said and putting "max drama" to it and i think that horse is long since dead and i'm tired of people flogging it and making every statement *extreme* in nature.

somewhere along the way we normalized the extreme. time to put things back where they belong and stop doing that.

bernie wants inmates to vote. can we clarify his position and ask for more details on that before we nail him for the statement?

that said - saying we need to rebuild america from the ground up in 10 years - ok - that's stupid from the word go.
What’s more; can it be demonstrated that such people being allowed to vote, would be harmful in any way? Specifically; would it be any more harmful than those who already vote in a manner I don’t prefer?

But why does Bernie want the son of Sam, Charles Manson and Boston Bomber voting?

Charles Manson is dead, so you know he would vote Democrat!

I never would have connected the prison voting with race if I hadn't seen that article. I have heard that rumor before but didn't know if it was true. Sad statement.
My viewpoint is that inmates are as affected by our laws as anyone else and their right for their voice to be heard should not be interfered with. This argument has nothing to do with guns, btw, so don't keep raising that issue.
but it has to do with our rights overall to me. i *do* see a difference but don't feel someone in prison has a voice in the direction of this country. not while in prison anyway. when out - unless they were in for election fraud or something then yes - they get their rights back - time served, move on.

guns are also something that even upon release many should just lose the right to have/own. again, depending on the crime but yes, that is a different issue.

as for voting and voting alone - i don't think prisoners should be allowed. to. we keep drifting to releasing people of responsibility for poor decisions and what is going to stop people from continuing to make these decisions if we keep lessening the impact of it for "human concerns".

should be able to vote if they want to vote...

how does that harm you or anyone, if they do vote??

I do not understand what the big deal is over a person in prison, being able to vote if they choose to do so?

Most people in prison are not in prison for being a mass murderer, why pull out a 'son of sam', and use him as an example?

How does it hurt or harm, any of us?

It doesn't.

And coming from Maine, a State that never changed their laws on prisoners being able to vote after the Civil War, it bothers me on a scale 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, a zero....

Bernie's suggestion is not really radical to me....

I do not understand what the big deal is over a person in prison, being able to vote if they choose to do so?

Most people in prison are not in prison for being a mass murderer, why pull out a 'son of sam', and use him as an example?

It doesn't.

And coming from Maine, a State that never changed their laws on prisoners being able to vote after the Civil War, it bothers me on a scale 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, a zero....

It matters if they vote 90% Prog. There is a big push for Felon voting and Hispanic voting in Florida. I wonder why? And I do agree with lesser Felons having non violent or drug sentences to get a chance at some point.

It doesn't.

It matters if they vote 90% Prog. There is a big push for Felon voting and Hispanic voting in Florida. I wonder why? And I do agree with lesser Felons having non violent or drug sentences to get a chance at some point.
SO THIS IS ALL ABOUT wanting to stop people from voting that you think may vote the opposite of you and not really about the 'son of Sam', or the Boston Marathon Bomber....

just as I thought... it's about finding a way to disenfranchise a citizen that DIFFERS with you.... the typical, Republican playbook!

It doesn't.

SO THIS IS ALL ABOUT wanting to stop people from voting that you think may vote the opposite of you and not really about the 'son of Sam', or the Boston Marathon Bomber....

just as I thought... it's about finding a way to disenfranchise a citizen that DIFFERS with you.... the typical, Republican playbook!
Felons should lose their citizenship, especially the ones who murder, rape, and commit domestic terrorist acts.

It doesn't.

That’s because you’re insane.

It doesn't.

It’s about logic and it is not logical for a rapist or an armed robber to have the same voting rights as a tax paying citizen. Take your holier than though attitude and shove it.

It doesn't.

yea we should be like dems and accuse people of rape 30 years later because they may rule against your wishes in court huh?

the sanctimonious shit gets old.

It doesn't.

It’s about logic and it is not logical for a rapist or an armed robber to have the same voting rights as a tax paying citizen. Take your holier than though attitude and shove it.
why was it ok during the first 100 years of our Nation's existence?
Why was it okay during the founding father's time period?

Were our founders illogical or holier than thou?

Why were felons allowed to vote until after the Civil War and Black men were given the right to vote?

Me thinks it is YOU who is trying to play, holier than thou.

Once you pay your debt to society the convicted person should have certain rights restored.
Crazy Bernie is talking about allowing them to vote while they are still in prison. And he said "Yes" to a question about allowing the Boston Bomber to vote while in prison.

It doesn't.

why was it ok during the first 100 years of our Nation's existence?
Why was it okay during the founding father's time period?

Were our founders illogical or holier than thou?

Why were felons allowed to vote until after the Civil War and Black men were given the right to vote?

Me thinks it is YOU who is trying to play, holier than thou.

Because we evolved and ended slavery and allowed women to vote. That is why. Your idiocy is amusing. Must be all the cold weather in ME.

Where oh where is this town where the majority of citizens are convicted felons?

Google is your friend. You’re on these boards constantly. Find it.
You made the claim prove it lazy -boy...

I claim The Patriots won the most recent SB. Do I need to prove it? No. Google it yourself. There are multiple links.
What you claim is possible for those that keep up with football yet only a very small amount of folks keep up with felons voting.
Most prisons are not "in a town". -Duh

Except they are. At least in MA. Concord, Waltham, Billerica.
I picked Billerica at random.

Population of Billerica is 43,692.

Population of the prison in Billerica is 500.

You lied. Bigly.

Now prove that there are towns where the inmates outnumber the population, retard.

New prison opens doors in Billerica

Built in response to the closing of the Cambridge Jail on top of the now empty Edward Sullivan Superior Courthouse in East Cambridge, the two-story Pod was built in a record 10 months and houses more than 220 pretrial detainees held on bail and/or awaiting trial.

It contains 256 beds and a one-story dorm with 240 beds, Middlesex County Sheriff Peter Koutoujian said during a press tour of the new facility last week.

Google is your friend. You’re on these boards constantly. Find it.
You made the claim prove it lazy -boy...

I claim The Patriots won the most recent SB. Do I need to prove it? No. Google it yourself. There are multiple links.
What you claim is possible for those that keep up with football yet only a very small amount of folks keep up with felons voting.
Most prisons are not "in a town". -Duh

Except they are. At least in MA. Concord, Waltham, Billerica.
I picked Billerica at random.

Population of Billerica is 43,692.

Population of the prison in Billerica is 500.

Now prove that there are towns where the inmates outnumber the population, retard.

New prison opens doors in Billerica

Built in response to the closing of the Cambridge Jail on top of the now empty Edward Sullivan Superior Courthouse in East Cambridge, the two-story Pod was built in a record 10 months and houses more than 220 pretrial detainees held on bail and/or awaiting trial.

It contains 256 beds and a one-story dorm with 240 beds, Middlesex County Sheriff Peter Koutoujian said during a press tour of the new facility last week.

Asshole are you saying 500 cannot impact an election? How many in that town are registered voters? What happened at the school was well deserved. You’re a sick loser

Forum List

Back