Bernie Sanders stands up for the 2nd Amendment

any gun law is an infringement

so no, he doesn't support the Constitution

As does any law involving citizens owning nuclear weapons. They're both arms after all and I don't see the second ammendment use the word "gun".

As does any law involving citizens owning nuclear weapons. They're both arms after all and I don't see the second ammendment use the word "gun".
Indeed.
I would LOVE to have a surface to air missile. The permits are so damn high, though. And don't even get me STARTED on the $ of ammo!

Does that include laws about felons legally owning guns?
yes
Okay, you are completely irrational. TY.
It's completely irrational to assume you can keep guns out of the hands of felons that want them. Making something people want illegal just ensures that criminals make money.

"Well regulated Militia" is the key phrase. That implies federal and state laws can be passed to keep Arms out of reach of those who do not support citizen armies that are required to defend the state from foreign and domestic troublemakers. Amendments do not have "rational assumptions" as their underlying concept. See prohibition for example.

yes
Irrational why? Because TT understands what the word "infringes" means?
He might understand that word but not the word stupid. All rights have limitations.

yes
Irrational why? Because TT understands what the word "infringes" means?
He might understand that word but not the word stupid. All rights have limitations.
The actual definition of infringe means to not be limited

Sanders believes in gun regulations but not those that cross the line that infringes on the 2nd amendment. Rural Republicans in Vermont know he will stand up for their constitutional rights and have been voting for "commie" Sanders for years.

Sanders and Clinton Disagree on How to Solve America’s Gun Crisis
========
While I think we < may > need better enforcement of gun laws on the books, I have to agree with Bernie that it is not right to hold the gun makers responsible for what a buyer does with their product.

If I buy a Chevy and go out and drive it into a crowd of people --- should General Motors be held responsible?

That makes as much sense as holding Remington responsible if I buy a gun and go out and kill 14 people.

Same principle.

But that isn't saying that we shouldn't have laws that require gun makers to make guns that recognize their owner and won't fire for anyone else etc. etc. which is completely within the realm of technology today.

But how can we blame a manufacturer for what happens with a gun they made 30 years ago and some nutbag gets it now and kills people with it?

Insanity. As Bernie said, it would just drive the gun makers out of America and another loss of jobs.

"Well regulated Militia" is the key phrase. That implies federal and state laws can be passed to keep Arms out of reach of those who do not support citizen armies that are required to defend the state from foreign and domestic troublemakers. Amendments do not have "rational assumptions" as their underlying concept. See prohibition for example.
well that's a lie

just read anything from the Founders about armed citizens

ahhh, the completely fucking idiotic nuclear weapons comeback.

mmmm, when you have nothing go full retard

It's far easier to call something idiotic than bring up any counter argument isn't it? And then throw in an insult as well, just to highlight what a real man you are.

Forum List

Back