🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bernie Sanders: We Will Raise Taxes On Anyone Making Over $29,000 To Fund Government Health Care

That's Trump's way. He tells you a lie and then gives you a talking point about Democrats to distract you from the fact he lied to your face and is an empty suit.

The rube herd should be seriously pissed at all his hoaxes, but they are too stupid to catch on.

"I'm going to be too busy to go golf."

"I'm going to pay off the debt in 8 years."

"You're going to have such great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost and it will be so easy!"
This thread is about Bernie Sanders dry-fucking taxpayers and expecting them to thank him for it.

Because when government gets involved, stuff gets cheaper...
Yet, in every other first world nation, there is universal healthcare, less spent per capita ( by far), and better health outcomes across the board. How do you reconcile this with your whining?

Government spending make college cheaper...…...wait, what?
Haha yes, roll up into the fetal position and suck that thumb, todderinsky.

Rationing and long waiting lists will also make government run healthcare cheaper...….
If a patient dies while waiting for treatment, his treatment doesn't cost anything!

Because when government gets involved, stuff gets cheaper...
Yet, in every other first world nation, there is universal healthcare, less spent per capita ( by far), and better health outcomes across the board. How do you reconcile this with your whining?

Government spending make college cheaper...…...wait, what?
Haha yes, roll up into the fetal position and suck that thumb, todderinsky.

Rationing and long waiting lists will also make government run healthcare cheaper...….
Cool fantasy! What effect will the unicorns and leprechauns have, son?

None of this will work without price controls. So i don't see the point. The first argument needs to be over price controls.

I would rather pay higher premiums than lower premiums and let the ignorant corrupt govt run it.

People pay a ton for health care now. People seem to forget that. So if it costs you $650 a month now or $450 in higher taxes you are ahead.

Because when government gets involved, stuff gets cheaper......DURR.

Eliminate the profit angle and there is no reason it shouldn't.

LOL, no? Here's a clue: Controlling prices doesn't eliminate profit. It ensures it for those doing the controlling.

The first problem is we're doing it all wrong.

Health insurance is high. Why? Because healthcare costs are high.
Healthcare costs are high. Why?
And that's the starting point.

The proper way to address this is to get the cost of healthcare down first, then figure out how to pay for it. But whether it's Obama Care, Republican plan, Medicare for all, we are just shifting the costs, and not working on the costs.

There are several ways to reduce costs, but you have to talk to the people who are creating the costs. You have to meet with dozens and dozens of hospital and insurance company CEOs.

One article I read from an insurance CEO made the claim a lot of their costs involve nickel and dime bills. You go to the doctor for the flu, he charges 80 bucks, and it costs more in paperwork shuffling than it does to treat the patient. The solution to that would be a mandatory medical savings account. You build up some money, and when you have to see your doctor, a therapist, the ER, you simply swipe your medical savings card and it gets deducted from that. No paperwork which means less people needed to process it.

Spot on correct ... I agree 100% ... we'll never lower health care insurance costs until we lower the cost of health care itself ...

The problem with the "mandatory medical account" is what happens when the money runs out? ... are hospitals allowed to dump your sick body out into the streets? ... can ER's start checking "ability to pay" before initiating life-saving treatment? ... the idea of insurance is shared risk ... 80% of us use 20% of the money available ... do we let that other 20% who use 80% of the resources just die? ... I have a friend who just received her death warrant from her insurance company ... no more treatments for anything except what she pays for in cash ...

In Japan, and in some situations, only the doctors practicing at a facility can have ownership stakes; no Wall Street, Venture Capital or Insurance Companies dictating the business side of the affair ... yet still retain the methods to raise capital with corporate bonds and cookie sales ...

Govt fucks up healthcare costs.
The govt is the only solution.
Circle of stupidity.

This thread is the very definition of Fake News.
Fact-checkers for The Washington Post note that “[a]ccording to a study from the Urban Institute (and a follow-up paper), Medicare-for-all would still add $32.6 trillion to national health spending over 10 years.” And CNN reports that “[t]ax experts … say that you can’t raise enough money from taxing the rich and that the levies on all Americans may exceed the savings for more people than Sanders expects. This may be particularly true of low-income folks who get heavily subsidized coverage on the Obamacare exchanges.”

In other words, “[t]here’s no possible way to finance [Medicare for all] without big middle class tax increases,” as Marc Goldwein of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (CRFB) explained to The Washington Post.

The first problem is we're doing it all wrong.

Health insurance is high. Why? Because healthcare costs are high.
Healthcare costs are high. Why?
And that's the starting point.

The proper way to address this is to get the cost of healthcare down first, then figure out how to pay for it. But whether it's Obama Care, Republican plan, Medicare for all, we are just shifting the costs, and not working on the costs.

There are several ways to reduce costs, but you have to talk to the people who are creating the costs. You have to meet with dozens and dozens of hospital and insurance company CEOs.

One article I read from an insurance CEO made the claim a lot of their costs involve nickel and dime bills. You go to the doctor for the flu, he charges 80 bucks, and it costs more in paperwork shuffling than it does to treat the patient. The solution to that would be a mandatory medical savings account. You build up some money, and when you have to see your doctor, a therapist, the ER, you simply swipe your medical savings card and it gets deducted from that. No paperwork which means less people needed to process it.
Paying with cash brings the cost down.

People pay a ton for health care now. People seem to forget that. So if it costs you $650 a month now or $450 in higher taxes you are ahead.

Because when government gets involved, stuff gets cheaper......DURR.

Eliminate the profit angle and there is no reason it shouldn't.

LOL, no? Here's a clue: Controlling prices doesn't eliminate profit. It ensures it for those doing the controlling.

Controlling prices alone does not eliminate profits. Eliminating profits does though. A large portion of hospitals used to be non profit. Back when it costs maybe $100 to have a baby.

Not true, get a job moochers and pay for your own damn health insurance. There problem solved.
Show me Trump's legislation to repeal and replace Obamacare with "such good health care at a tiny fraction of the cost".

I'll wait here.

No need, get a job deadbeats.

None of this will work without price controls. So i don't see the point. The first argument needs to be over price controls.

“Price controls”....a little commie action huh?
No idiot. That's not what communnism means. Go post to someone dumb enough not to notice that you don't know what words mean.

Really?
Haha...you dumbmotherfuckers!
Price Controls and Communism
INSTRUCTOR: Alex Tabarrok, George Mason University
What happens when the prices of all goods are controlled? Under communism, or a command economy, this is exactly what occurs. As a result, all of the effects of price controls become amplified: there are even more shortages or surpluses of goods, lower product quality, longer lines and more search costs, more losses in gains from trade, and more misallocation of resources. As we have seen, universal price controls destroy market coordination and create a system of planned chaos in which it becomes more difficult for consumers to get the goods and services they want and need.

Forum List

Back