🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bernie Sanders: We Will Raise Taxes On Anyone Making Over $29,000 To Fund Government Health Care

Surprising he would openly state he wants taxes from poorer people. But his idea is better than the others, in that if you want such a new program, you have to pay for it.

What Sander's didn't address is what would this country do without private healthcare? After all, Medicare typically only pays about 2/3 of the bill for their patients. Doctors and institutions have to up their prices to recoup those losses, and it's private insurance that gets the bill.

If anybody wants to see Medicare for all, look up all those hospitals and clinics that closed down in lower income areas where most of the patients were government patients. That's what Medicare for all would look like.

You might pay more in taxes, but you would pay $20,000 a year less for health insurance.

Obamacare imposed a huge tax on health-insurance corp's and my monthly premiums QUADRUPLED!

Go ahead you idiots...vote to tax corporations! And enjoy paying those taxes.

If you need proof...look at any one of your monthly bills....at the bottom you'll see TAXES! Taxes that YOU PAY every month!
I detest the ACA.

But since the Republicans LIED TO YOUR FACES for six years, and Trump LIED TO YOUR FACES before and after he was elected, we are stuck with it.

And since Trump and the GOP are fucking liars, and you don't give enough of a flying fuck to hold them accountable for their lies, then UHC is inevitable.

UHC will be YOUR fault just as it will be Trump's fault and Bernie Sanders's fault.

For years and years, I asked the pseudocons on this forum HUNDREDS of times, "Repeal Obamacare...AND THEN WHAT!?!?"

I asked them to show me the GOP's replacement immediately following that question.

This question invariably pissed them off because they had no answer. And they never once expressed any frustration or anger at the GOP claiming they would repeal and replace Obamacare.

And after the GOP and Trump owned the government, they never once expressed anger or frustration that neither Trump nor the GOP offered up an actual repeal and replacement for Obamacare.

So, yeah. You dumb fucks DESERVE Obamacare/UHC.

You have earned it.

60+ fake repeals when they controlled the House, knowing it would not pass the Senate or Obama's desk.

And each time one of those fake repeals passed the House, the pseudocons would hoot and holler and high five each other on this forum. It was astonishing to see them NEVER catch on they were being hoaxed.

Then the GOP won both Houses of Congress and the White House, and what the fuck do you know, not a single bill to repeal Obamacare! And not a single once since!

The rubes STILL have not caught on they were hoaxed!

They are beyond retarded. They are willfully blind and stupid.

They should be carrying torches and pitchforks to the White House and to the Republican Party HQ.

60+ fake repeals when they controlled the House, knowing it would not pass the Senate or Obama's desk.

And each time one of those fake repeals passed the House, the pseudocons would hoot and holler and high five each other on this forum. It was astonishing to see them NEVER catch on they were being hoaxed.

Then the GOP won both Houses of Congress and the White House, and what the fuck do you know, not a single bill to repeal Obamacare! And not a single once since!

:blahblah:

Give it a break already. This topic is barely three pages long, and I counted 12 of the posts from you all saying the same thing over and over.

This thread is the very definition of Fake News.
Fact-checkers for The Washington Post note that “[a]ccording to a study from the Urban Institute (and a follow-up paper), Medicare-for-all would still add $32.6 trillion to national health spending over 10 years.” And CNN reports that “[t]ax experts … say that you can’t raise enough money from taxing the rich and that the levies on all Americans may exceed the savings for more people than Sanders expects. This may be particularly true of low-income folks who get heavily subsidized coverage on the Obamacare exchanges.”

In other words, “[t]here’s no possible way to finance [Medicare for all] without big middle class tax increases,” as Marc Goldwein of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (CRFB) explained to The Washington Post.

:blahblah:

Give it a break already. This topic is barely three pages long, and I counted 12 of the posts from you all saying the same thing over and over.
Lies required multiple repeating to try and stick, truths just one.

This thread is the very definition of Fake News.
Fact-checkers for The Washington Post note that “[a]ccording to a study from the Urban Institute (and a follow-up paper), Medicare-for-all would still add $32.6 trillion to national health spending over 10 years.” And CNN reports that “[t]ax experts … say that you can’t raise enough money from taxing the rich and that the levies on all Americans may exceed the savings for more people than Sanders expects. This may be particularly true of low-income folks who get heavily subsidized coverage on the Obamacare exchanges.”

In other words, “[t]here’s no possible way to finance [Medicare for all] without big middle class tax increases,” as Marc Goldwein of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (CRFB) explained to The Washington Post.

The first problem is we're doing it all wrong.

Health insurance is high. Why? Because healthcare costs are high.
Healthcare costs are high. Why?
And that's the starting point.

The proper way to address this is to get the cost of healthcare down first, then figure out how to pay for it. But whether it's Obama Care, Republican plan, Medicare for all, we are just shifting the costs, and not working on the costs.

There are several ways to reduce costs, but you have to talk to the people who are creating the costs. You have to meet with dozens and dozens of hospital and insurance company CEOs.

One article I read from an insurance CEO made the claim a lot of their costs involve nickel and dime bills. You go to the doctor for the flu, he charges 80 bucks, and it costs more in paperwork shuffling than it does to treat the patient. The solution to that would be a mandatory medical savings account. You build up some money, and when you have to see your doctor, a therapist, the ER, you simply swipe your medical savings card and it gets deducted from that. No paperwork which means less people needed to process it.

A 10% tax on $29,000 for 100 million people is only $290 billion ... that $240/mo each for health care seems a bargain anymore ...
Math is hard, especially if you're a liberal ...

(That's in addition to 7.5% SS tax, 15% tax on income over $18,000, 9% state income tax, 5% sales tax and 3% property tax ... 50% tax on the Middle Class? ... )

Last edited:
Because when government gets involved, stuff gets cheaper...
Yet, in every other first world nation, there is universal healthcare, less spent per capita ( by far), and better health outcomes across the board. How do you reconcile this with your whining?

Government spending make college cheaper...…...wait, what?
Haha yes, roll up into the fetal position and suck that thumb, todderinsky.

Sure when my employer gives me an $11.45 an hours raise to replace my health care benefits cost. Then we will see how much my federal taxes go up.

What do seniors pay for the medicare insurance that covers the final 20% of coverage?

Because when government gets involved, stuff gets cheaper...
Yet, in every other first world nation, there is universal healthcare, less spent per capita ( by far), and better health outcomes across the board. How do you reconcile this with your whining?

Government spending make college cheaper...…...wait, what?
Haha yes, roll up into the fetal position and suck that thumb, todderinsky.

Rationing and long waiting lists will also make government run healthcare cheaper...….

Forum List

Back