Bernie Sanders would likely raise taxes to pay for universal health care

If things were so much better in Canada, wouldn't you think U.S. residents would flock there?

If you understood that you need to be a Canadian citizen in order to sign on to Canadian Health Care, you wouldn't ask that question.
Well Canadian citizens come over here for their care. I am asking why. Can you answer it?

Got stats?
“42,000 Canadians come to the United States for care” – Really? - PNHP's Official Blog

As predicted, a blog. You have to drill down to find the actual report which, among other things, says this "Not coincidentally, many of these line-jumpers are part of Canada's political elite. The Canadian healthcare system may be good enough for their constituents, but it's apparently not good enough for them."

Now, why you couldn't cite the actual report is interesting enough. Why you're cheering on the "elites" is not at all surprising.

If things were so much better in Canada, wouldn't you think U.S. residents would flock there?

If you understood that you need to be a Canadian citizen in order to sign on to Canadian Health Care, you wouldn't ask that question.
Well Canadian citizens come over here for their care. I am asking why. Can you answer it?

Got stats?
“42,000 Canadians come to the United States for care” – Really? - PNHP's Official Blog
Hearing: “Access and Cost: What the U.S. Health Care System Can Learn from Other Countries”

Testimony of Sally C. Pipes, President and CEO, Pacific Research Institute
U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging, March 11, 2014
Those Canadians who can afford to do so have simply opted out of their healthcare system. An enormous number jump the queue for care in their native land and travel to the United States to receive medical attention. In 2012, over 42,000 Canadians crossed the border to get treated.
http://www.help.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Pipes.pdf

See now? You were at least willing to cite the actual report. I'd recommend you instruct Conservative65 in how to do that going forward.

Y'all need to look credible.

He's been there for seven years and I'll goddamned guarantee you people are better off than they were at the end of Bush's two terms.....double dog guarantee:

sigh. "they" collapsed housing thru the mortgage crisis. Many years in making, CRA Glass-Stegal etc.
To say things "are better" now........duh. Like after house burn down, but you got out alive. Thanks I guess?

Got stats?
Hearing: “Access and Cost: What the U.S. Health Care System Can Learn from Other Countries”

Testimony of Sally C. Pipes, President and CEO, Pacific Research Institute
U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging, March 11, 2014
Those Canadians who can afford to do so have simply opted out of their healthcare system. An enormous number jump the queue for care in their native land and travel to the United States to receive medical attention. In 2012, over 42,000 Canadians crossed the border to get treated.
http://www.help.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Pipes.pdf

See now? You were at least willing to cite the actual report. I'd recommend you instruct Conservative65 in how to do that going forward.

Y'all need to look credible.

I cited one. What excuse do you have about it?

Back to 90% on the rich. Just like it was under the REPUBLICAN Eisenhower.

it did not seem to do any good over 100 years? Why? Does GDP drop? Rich stop producing at upper threshold? please explain why the GOVT cannot get more than 20% * GDP. I don't know answer.

6a00d8341c4eab53ef01348992e7dd970c-500wi.jpg

Not only impolite, but wrong: Medicare Interactive - Getting Medicare when you turn 65

Once enrolled, I suppose you can go through the process of saying "No, I don't wanna," but I'm betting when the time comes you won't.

Curious about this Medicare, Does anyone age 65 qualify? Even if never worked and paid into it?

Or is it like SSI where you have an account? sort of? At least I hope SSI not go to those never paid in?

Who gives a rat's ass what those moose fuckers in Canada do? I thought what other countries did was none of our business.

Scared to find out their system works? Not surprising.

Depends on what you call "working".

Let's start here:

Total_health_expenditure_per_capita%2C_US_Dollars_PPP.png
All that shows is spending. Lots of other factors in the definition of "working".

True, but given your dismissal of complexities, I thought we'd start slowly.

So if "the Canadian system - not to mention every system in the rest of the industrialized world - can deliver patient care for much less than the U.S. system" doesn't interest or confuses you, there's no need to challenge you with anything more complex.

Why Canadian premier seeks health care in U.S.

Any budget plan based on revenue being better than 19 percent of GDP is just blowing smoke.

The Remarkably Stable Amount of Federal Revenue as a Percentage of GDP

Why? Higher taxes discourage the "animal spirits" of entrepreneurship. When tax rates are raised, taxpayers are encouraged to shift, hide and underreport income. Taxpayers divert their effort from pro-growth productive investments to seeking tax shelters, tax havens and tax exempt investments. This behavior tends to dampen economic growth and job creation. Lower taxes increase the incentives to work, produce, save and invest, thereby encouraging capital formation and jobs. Taxpayers have less incentive to shelter and shift income.

hard to argue with this history over 100 years or so?

Scared to find out their system works? Not surprising.

Let's start here:

All that shows is spending. Lots of other factors in the definition of "working".

So if "the Canadian system - not to mention every system in the rest of the industrialized world - can deliver patient care for much less than the U.S. system" doesn't interest or confuses you, there's no need to challenge you with anything more complex.

As pointed out, the elites will work a doctor's visit into a vacation and write it off as a business expense.

If you knew anything about the weather in Newfoundland, you'd understand why this bloke needed a vacation.

Let's start here:

As pointed out, the elites will work a doctor's visit into a vacation and write it off as a business expense.

If you knew anything about the weather in Newfoundland, you'd understand why this bloke needed a vacation.

Heart surgery is hardly what I call a vacation. If that's a vacation, may I never have one in my life.

Living on the northern border in the US, I often talk with Canadian truck drivers. One of the first subjects I bring up is Canadian healthcare. Younger and middle-aged Canadians boast about the system. It's perfect as far as they are concerned. The older drivers? Quite the opposite story. A few have warned me to do what I can to make sure we never adopt the Canadian system. So it all depends on who you talk to.

But I will say this: nobody has a perfect medical care system. They all have problems to one degree or another. Cost is usually the main factor, but for the older Canadian folks I've talked to, getting the proper and timely care is another major issue.

^As the last industrialized nation to adapt UHC, the U.S. would be in a position to study the flaws in other systems and do its best to improve upon them.

He's been there for seven years and I'll goddamned guarantee you people are better off than they were at the end of Bush's two terms.....double dog guarantee:

sigh. "they" collapsed housing thru the mortgage crisis. Many years in making, CRA Glass-Stegal etc.
To say things "are better" now........duh. Like after house burn down, but you got out alive. Thanks I guess?

The Greedy Assed Banks on Wall St. Jacked home prices to a point of no return. That's what caused the collapse. I thought everyone new that. My mistake!!

Not only impolite, but wrong: Medicare Interactive - Getting Medicare when you turn 65

Once enrolled, I suppose you can go through the process of saying "No, I don't wanna," but I'm betting when the time comes you won't.

Curious about this Medicare, Does anyone age 65 qualify? Even if never worked and paid into it?

Or is it like SSI where you have an account? sort of? At least I hope SSI not go to those never paid in?
I don't get SSI but I am on Medicare.

Let's start here:

Heart surgery is hardly what I call a vacation. If that's a vacation, may I never have one in my life.

Living on the northern border in the US, I often talk with Canadian truck drivers. One of the first subjects I bring up is Canadian healthcare. Younger and middle-aged Canadians boast about the system. It's perfect as far as they are concerned. The older drivers? Quite the opposite story. A few have warned me to do what I can to make sure we never adopt the Canadian system. So it all depends on who you talk to.

But I will say this: nobody has a perfect medical care system. They all have problems to one degree or another. Cost is usually the main factor, but for the older Canadian folks I've talked to, getting the proper and timely care is another major issue.

Generally, in Canada, you are better off if you are lower middle class or worse. You are better off in America if you are upper middle class or better.

The Greedy Assed Banks on Wall St. Jacked home prices to a point of no return. That's what caused the collapse. I thought everyone new that. My mistake!!

You are talking about the end game and not the beginning. This all started with this concept of giving people home loans that could not afford them. Banks were pressured by government to make these loans, and F&F set out the guidelines for banks to do so.

Housing went up in price because of all the housing activity.

^As the last industrialized nation to adapt UHC, the U.S. would be in a position to study the flaws in other systems and do its best to improve upon them.

Our biggest flaw is government. Government often underpays providers for their patients on Medicare and Medicaid. It got so bad that some are refusing new government patients because they can no longer take the loss.

Those losses got passed down to private pay patients and insurance companies. Insurance companies in return kept raising their premiums.

Trying to improve UHC would be like trying to take a pile of chicken shit, putting all sorts of things on it, and pretending it's chicken salad. Some things just can't be done. If you want the pile of crap called single payer, move to where it exists. Many of us had it just fine before Obamacare and didn't need the government screwing it up for us. Put ME on that list.

Damn right I think about me. Those who constantly demand someone provide them with what the rest of us earned don't give a damn about us as long as they get something handed to them. If you think otherwise, you're a damn fool.

Let's start here:

You mean the Liberal elites?

Forum List

Back