Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

All income should be an absolutely private matter no one else's business...

PZlsNDR.jpg

Let the waltons be, envy really makes America an ugly place...

Not as ugly as calculated ignorance.

The Waltons aside, why is your side comfortable with the fact that Apple pays no income tax? Why don't you take issue with that? Might have to "boycott" all those Apple products, right? That would be unpleasant for you.

In Detail: What The Top 20 U.S. Companies Pay In Taxes

Apple
Pretax income: $18.5 billion

Provision for taxes: $4.5 billion

Net income $14 billion

Tax rate: 24%

Uh huh. No taxes paid THERE.

By paying so little their workers are on welfare, the government grows. I think that is a bad thing. You must love big government.

The government grows because libturds and all the people who get a check from the government (is there a distinction?) want it to grow.

Not as ugly as calculated ignorance.

The Waltons aside, why is your side comfortable with the fact that Apple pays no income tax? Why don't you take issue with that? Might have to "boycott" all those Apple products, right? That would be unpleasant for you.
Income tax is unconstitutional, It punishes success...
Interesting hypothesis, but the fact is, you pay income tax, Apple doesn't. And apparently that's okay with you.
If they can get away with it more power to them, I am unable to feel envy.

It's not "envy," it's common sense.

In other words, it's envy. No libturd has ever uttered a single word of common sense.

I don't see how anyone can justify this.
Bernie Sanders says Walmart heirs own more wealth than bottom 40 percent of Americans
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, an independent who caucuses with Democrats, tweeted a startling statistic to his followers on July 22, 2012: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

Sanders speaks and writes frequently about wealth distribution in the U.S., a hot-button issue among liberals and a rallying cry of the Occupy Wall Street Movement.

The Waltons, of course, are members of the proverbial 1 percent. But are they really sitting on that much wealth? We decided to check it out.

First, what is wealth?

In economics, wealth is commonly measured in terms of net worth, and it’s defined as the value of assets minus liabilities. For someone in the middle class, that could encompass the value of their 401(k) or other retirement accounts, bank savings and personal assets such as jewelry or cars, minus what they owe on a home mortgage, credit cards and a car note.

It does not include income -- what people earn in wages. For that reason, someone who earns a good salary but has little savings and owes a lot of money on their house would have a negative net worth.

In fact, because so many Americans invest in real estate to buy a home, middle-class wealth has been one of the biggest casualties of the housing-driven recession.

From 2007 to 2010, typical families lost 39 percent of their wealth, according to the Federal Reserve’s Survey of Consumer Finances, done every three years. In 2007, the median family net worth was $126,400. In 2010, it was $77,300, according to the survey.

Where the Waltons fit in

Six members of the Walton family appear on the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest Americans. Christy Walton, widow of the late John Walton, leads the clan at No. 6 with a net worth of $25.3 billion as of March 2012. She is also the richest woman in the world for the seventh year in a row, according to Forbes. Here are the other five:

No. 9: Jim Walton, $23.7 billion
No. 10: Alice Walton, $23.3 billion
No. 11: S. Robson Walton, oldest son of Sam Walton, $23.1 billion
No. 103: Ann Walton Kroenke, $3.9 billion
No. 139: Nancy Walton Laurie, $3.4 billion

It's theirs and they earned it. More power to them.

By paying so little their workers are on welfare, the government grows. I think that is a bad thing. You must love big government.

The government grows because libturds and all the people who get a check from the government (is there a distinction?) want it to grow.

And those people get a check from the gov because their employer hoses them. Either the gov or the employers need to provide for them. If you want small gov the only answer is the employer. This isn't so hard to understand.

I don't see how anyone can justify this.
Bernie Sanders says Walmart heirs own more wealth than bottom 40 percent of Americans
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, an independent who caucuses with Democrats, tweeted a startling statistic to his followers on July 22, 2012: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

Sanders speaks and writes frequently about wealth distribution in the U.S., a hot-button issue among liberals and a rallying cry of the Occupy Wall Street Movement.

The Waltons, of course, are members of the proverbial 1 percent. But are they really sitting on that much wealth? We decided to check it out.

First, what is wealth?

In economics, wealth is commonly measured in terms of net worth, and it’s defined as the value of assets minus liabilities. For someone in the middle class, that could encompass the value of their 401(k) or other retirement accounts, bank savings and personal assets such as jewelry or cars, minus what they owe on a home mortgage, credit cards and a car note.

It does not include income -- what people earn in wages. For that reason, someone who earns a good salary but has little savings and owes a lot of money on their house would have a negative net worth.

In fact, because so many Americans invest in real estate to buy a home, middle-class wealth has been one of the biggest casualties of the housing-driven recession.

From 2007 to 2010, typical families lost 39 percent of their wealth, according to the Federal Reserve’s Survey of Consumer Finances, done every three years. In 2007, the median family net worth was $126,400. In 2010, it was $77,300, according to the survey.

Where the Waltons fit in

Six members of the Walton family appear on the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest Americans. Christy Walton, widow of the late John Walton, leads the clan at No. 6 with a net worth of $25.3 billion as of March 2012. She is also the richest woman in the world for the seventh year in a row, according to Forbes. Here are the other five:

No. 9: Jim Walton, $23.7 billion
No. 10: Alice Walton, $23.3 billion
No. 11: S. Robson Walton, oldest son of Sam Walton, $23.1 billion
No. 103: Ann Walton Kroenke, $3.9 billion
No. 139: Nancy Walton Laurie, $3.4 billion

It's theirs and they earned it. More power to them.

While it is theirs certainly, the earned part is questionable. Everyone is born.

And those people get a check from the gov because their employer hoses them. Either the gov or the employers need to provide for them. If you want small gov the only answer is the employer. This isn't so hard to understand.

If they don't like the terms of the deal, they are free to work elsewhere, so how are the being "hosed?" Wal-Mart is not their legal guardian and neither is the government. Neither has any legal or moral obligation to provide them with some minimum standard of living.

Your claim is pure communist horseshit.

If they don't like the terms of the deal, they are free to work elsewhere, so how are the being "hosed?" Wal-Mart is not their legal guardian and neither is the government. Neither has any legal or moral obligation to provide them with some minimum standard of living.

Then you don't live in reality. We vote in this country. If the employer doesn't provide for them the government will. The only way to smaller gov is through employers providing better. Every full time employed person should make enough to not be on welfare. Only then will gov dependence shrink.

Then you don't live in reality. We vote in this country. If the employer doesn't provide for them the government will. The only way to smaller gov is through employers providing better. Every full time employed person should make enough to not be on welfare. Only then will gov dependence shrink.
The individual should first live within their means...

The Waltons need that much wealth. They use it to create minimum wage, part time jobs for people, who are still at, or below, the poverty line, who are then subsidized by the government, because they are not earning enough to support a family.

Voting isn't evidence of anything other than the fact that a mob can impose its will on a minority.

I vote too, moron, and I will vote against anyone who thinks Walmart is required to pay them anything more than what the market will bear.

If one works full time for a low wage then we should all not gripe about them getting gov't assistance. I have zero problem with that.

If one works full time for a low wage then we should all not gripe about them getting gov't assistance. I have zero problem with that.

Sorry, but your failure to make a given wage doesn't make me obligated to pay your bills.

I agree that they need assistance. It just seems ironic that it must come from taxpayers, instead of the employer that the low paid workers made rich through their labor.

Most people complaining about so-called income inequality are not living within their means to begin with and are in debt much like our delusional federal government. Also thinking paying debt with more debt is fiscally responsible, silly bastards...

I agree that they need assistance. It just seems ironic that it must come from taxpayers, instead of the employer that the low paid workers made rich through their labor.

Since you leftwing turds are so concerned, why don't you prove it by paying their bills?

"Sorry but your failure to make a given wage doesnt make me obligated to pay your bills"

No I guess it doesnt. Thats your opinion. Mine is different. I do believe $12 an hour is a joke of a wage and frankly i would like to see those jobs left unfilled. But people apply for them knowing full well they are being taken advantage of. One can get rich being chincy, as we see in Walmart. More proof a college education is the only way to survival.

Forum List

Back