Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

Get a degree in which is in demand, then use it against versus possible employers. Then walk away as soon as possible for a better offer. I am fully against 2 weeks notice. That should be abolished. That is one way the worker can get ahead.

"Sorry but your failure to make a given wage doesnt make me obligated to pay your bills"

No I guess it doesnt. Thats your opinion. Mine is different. I do believe $12 an hour is a joke of a wage and frankly i would like to see those jobs left unfilled. But people apply for them knowing full well they are being taken advantage of. One can get rich being chincy, as we see in Walmart. More proof a college education is the only way to survival.

People apply for those jobs knowing they don't have any skills that justify a higher wage. That's their fault, not Wal-Mart's.

agreed. So we can agree that a college education is the only way out of avoiding a long miserable life. A strong work ethic and willing to work very hard will not get one very far. That is by no means going to increase one's odds in todays world. White collar jobs requiring high levels of education are the jobs to have. Blue collar jobs are on the way out. We dont need those as much.

agreed. So we can agree that a college education is the only way out of avoiding a long miserable life. A strong work ethic and willing to work very hard will not get one very far. That is by no means going to increase one's odds in todays world. White collar jobs requiring high levels of education are the jobs to have. Blue collar jobs are on the way out. We dont need those as much.

College is not the only to avoid poverty. A skilled trade is another way to go, and starting your own business is another.

We dont need skilled trades as much anymore though. Plus those jobs only start out at about $20 some dollars an hour which really isnt all that great.

Sander is railing about a lousy $100B in wealth!!?

Our fucked up government WASTES more that that in a single line item!

We dont need skilled trades as much anymore though. Plus those jobs only start out at about $20 some dollars an hour which really isnt all that great.

What we don't need is factory workers. There are plenty of jobs for custom carpenters, pipe fitters, plumbers, electricians, yada, yada, yada. I know plenty of people in the construction trades who make well over six figures.

By paying so little their workers are on welfare, the government grows. I think that is a bad thing. You must love big government.

The government grows because libturds and all the people who get a check from the government (is there a distinction?) want it to grow.

And those people get a check from the gov because their employer hoses them. Either the gov or the employers need to provide for them. If you want small gov the only answer is the employer. This isn't so hard to understand.

If they don't like the terms of the deal, they are free to work elsewhere, so how are the being "hosed?" Wal-Mart is not their legal guardian and neither is the government. Neither has any legal or moral obligation to provide them with some minimum standard of living.

Your claim is pure communist horseshit.

Then you don't live in reality. We vote in this country. If the employer doesn't provide for them the government will. The only way to smaller gov is through employers providing better. Every full time employed person should make enough to not be on welfare. Only then will gov dependence shrink.

Voting isn't evidence of anything other than the fact that a mob can impose its will on a minority.

I vote too, moron, and I will vote against anyone who thinks Walmart is required to pay them anything more than what the market will bear.

Yes and like other conservatives you have believed the same foolishness for decades no doubt. How is that small government coming? Either the employer or the government provides for the people. Small government people like me think it should be the employer. You obviously like government dependence and big government.

If one works full time for a low wage then we should all not gripe about them getting gov't assistance. I have zero problem with that.

I agree that they need assistance. It just seems ironic that it must come from taxpayers, instead of the employer that the low paid workers made rich through their labor.

Since you leftwing turds are so concerned, why don't you prove it by paying their bills?

He isn't getting rich from their labor.

What we don't need is factory workers. There are plenty of jobs for custom carpenters, pipe fitters, plumbers, electricians, yada, yada, yada. I know plenty of people in the construction trades who make well over six figures.

Show some proof of your claim. Our economy has stagnant wages. If there were great jobs looking to be filled wages would go up.

The Waltons will continue receiving their Corporate Welfare and abusing their slave workers. Meanwhile, angry greedy white Republican dude will continue worshipping em. But hey, lots more luxury yachts and private jets to buy. YAY WALMART!! ;)

Today, the government wastes more money in a single lifetime than the entire Walton family made in three generations of being the worlds largest retailer

Last edited:
If there were great jobs looking to be filled wages would go up.
When you send all your manufacturing out of country, or replace jobs with robots, you reap what you sew.

Which set of workers in the photos below buys more new American homes, American food, American refined gas, American made clothing and goes on more America-bound vacations than the other set? Consumption in America from things made in America is what made America great....before rampant automation...& NAFTA...Clinton's greatest blunder..

Canada has laws I believe where a certain percentage of any manufacturing has to be done by human hands. And that is because Canada understands where the bread of its economics is buttered at: the lowly worker..

(I had to find a really old photo because now you can't find this many actual human beings working on any assembly line together in manufacturing.)

actualworkersonassemblyline_zps8fc020fe.jpg

robotweldingassembly1_zpse087cd09.jpg

Last edited:
The government grows because libturds and all the people who get a check from the government (is there a distinction?) want it to grow.

And those people get a check from the gov because their employer hoses them. Either the gov or the employers need to provide for them. If you want small gov the only answer is the employer. This isn't so hard to understand.

If they don't like the terms of the deal, they are free to work elsewhere, so how are the being "hosed?" Wal-Mart is not their legal guardian and neither is the government. Neither has any legal or moral obligation to provide them with some minimum standard of living.

Then you don't live in reality. We vote in this country. If the employer doesn't provide for them the government will. The only way to smaller gov is through employers providing better. Every full time employed person should make enough to not be on welfare. Only then will gov dependence shrink.

Voting isn't evidence of anything other than the fact that a mob can impose its will on a minority.

I vote too, moron, and I will vote against anyone who thinks Walmart is required to pay them anything more than what the market will bear.

Yes and like other conservatives you have believed the same foolishness for decades no doubt. How is that small government coming? Either the employer or the government provides for the people. Small government people like me think it should be the employer. You obviously like government dependence and big government.

"Foolishness" would be thinking that you can bring about any change you desire simply by having the government pass a law mandating it. That foolishness has been going on since the beginning of government.

If one works full time for a low wage then we should all not gripe about them getting gov't assistance. I have zero problem with that.

I agree that they need assistance. It just seems ironic that it must come from taxpayers, instead of the employer that the low paid workers made rich through their labor.

Since you leftwing turds are so concerned, why don't you prove it by paying their bills?

So what? Is anyone being force to work at Wal-Mart? If the employees don't like the terms of the deal, they are free to go elsewhere. That's the essential fact you can't get around.

"Foolishness" would be thinking that you can bring about any change you desire simply by having the government pass a law mandating it. That foolishness has been going on since the beginning of government.

Well republicans have been saying the same thing for decades and all we get is more big government. At some point you need to realize you are wrong.

So what? Is anyone being force to work at Wal-Mart? If the employees don't like the terms of the deal, they are free to go elsewhere. That's the essential fact you can't get around.

In our current environment, the other option is probably only unemployment for most and more government dependence. Great plan you have.

Forum List

Back