Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

Kindly put down the Trump Kool-Aid and link to any statement Sanders has made that tells you that. You can't, so you'll probably just say "He's a communist and that's what they always do!" or something to that effect.

Bernie Sanders Wants To Tax Americans At 90%. His Reasoning Is Priceless…
Yes this is a real thing. No Bernie Sanders didn’t have a public meltdown of epic, Charlie-Sheen proportions. This is what he believes. It’s what he’s always believed.
Read more: Bernie Sanders Wants To Tax Americans At 90%. His Reasoning Is Priceless...

How well do they pay employees?
Apple Computer, Inc Employer Salary, Average Salaries by Job | PayScale

No SNAP payments there. Employees also have health insurance, stock options, and other bennies.

All funded, no doubt, by ignorant middle-class taxpayers who don't care that Apple and 19 other mega-corporations pay no taxes, so the middle class makes up the shortfall.

Go, Ignorance!

If they are taking care of employees why do they need to pay taxes? Think how much they are saving the government.
If they don't pay taxes, individuals like you make up the shortfall. They're not saving the government, they're finding loopholes to avoid taxes...loopholes that Reagan said ought to be closed 30 years ago.

Simple equation: Corporation pay less/none = individual pay more.

They are providing for the employees which means the government doesn't have to.

The majority of corporations do. Walmart is the outlier, which is why it attracts so much attention.

The gov saves on welfare and collects more income tax cause they are paid well. If a company does that in not concerned about how much they pay in taxes.

Then why not exempt all corporations from taxes. What do you imagine would happen then?
Check out Hilton Hotels

I'm sure you have data. I look forward to your posting it.
If you just exempted all corps with no strings the money would funnel to the rich.

No SNAP payments there. Employees also have health insurance, stock options, and other bennies.

All funded, no doubt, by ignorant middle-class taxpayers who don't care that Apple and 19 other mega-corporations pay no taxes, so the middle class makes up the shortfall.

Go, Ignorance!

If they are taking care of employees why do they need to pay taxes? Think how much they are saving the government.
If they don't pay taxes, individuals like you make up the shortfall. They're not saving the government, they're finding loopholes to avoid taxes...loopholes that Reagan said ought to be closed 30 years ago.

They are providing for the employees which means the government doesn't have to.

The majority of corporations do. Walmart is the outlier, which is why it attracts so much attention.

The gov saves on welfare and collects more income tax cause they are paid well. If a company does that in not concerned about how much they pay in taxes.

Then why not exempt all corporations from taxes. What do you imagine would happen then?
Check out Hilton Hotels

No, really. Check out Hilton Hotel. They brag that they pay their people minimum wage
No, really. You made the point; you provide the data. That's how it works.

Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."
So what? The Walton family earned it, Don't like it than don't shop there.
It seems that is not good enough for the commie Bernie, I guess he want to have the government step in and appropriate (steal) the Walton family fortune. The thing about communist is that they feel they know best what to do with your money. If it were up to Bernie and those of the same mindset, you would turn your entire paycheck over to the government and the government would give you back what they thought you needed.

Sam Walton earned it. These kids were lucky to be born his.
By all rights, it is still the kids money. Yes they were lucky but what of it?
I take it you want the inheritance tax to be 99% so there is no money to be passed down to the kids.
Watch out your envy is getting the best of you right now.

We are discussing if they earned it. I think they were just lucky. None of them even hold a position with the company, that isn't earning.
So what? It is still their money. So if none of them even hold a position with the company, why are you bitching about them? Oh yes they are rich and you are not.
They are rich and collecting tons of corporate welfare. My taxes go to their employees.

Go, Ignorance!

Check out Hilton Hotels

If you just exempted all corps with no strings the money would funnel to the rich.
Exactly. But if you close those loopholes, penalize companies that send American jobs overseas and reward those that keep the jobs here, the tax structure becomes more equitable.

Check out Hilton Hotels

Exactly. But if you close those loopholes, penalize companies that send American jobs overseas and reward those that keep the jobs here, the tax structure becomes more equitable.

I would let companies pay zero if they create lots of jobs, pay well, and have good benefits and retirement. Everyone else obviously should pay.

Check out Hilton Hotels

I would let companies pay zero if they create lots of jobs, pay well, and have good benefits and retirement. Everyone else obviously should pay.

I don't know if that would work, but it's refreshingly radical. :lol:

Check out Hilton Hotels

Nobody has given me a reason why it wouldn't yet. Would seem everyone wins. Employer gets to pay no taxes. Employee gets good pay and benefits. Government saves on welfare and collect more income tax. Economy gets a nice jump because more people have money.

Nobody has given me a reason why it wouldn't yet. Would seem everyone wins. Employer gets to pay no taxes. Employee gets good pay and benefits. Government saves on welfare and collect more income tax. Economy gets a nice jump because more people have money.
You'd have to be able to track all the revenue streams and see how they add up. That's not a job for one person. Maybe Apple would be willing to donate one of its newest computers to the research. ;)

Do right wing working stiffs ever take a break from defending the rich and well born and large corporations? The ruling class won't be satisfied until America is back like it was before FDR and the progressives and the unions kicked their asses and formed the middle class.

So what? Is anyone being force to work at Wal-Mart? If the employees don't like the terms of the deal, they are free to go elsewhere. That's the essential fact you can't get around.
========
And what you a-hole right wingers can't get your mind around is the fact that although they might be " free " to find another job ... in many places THERE IS NO OTHER FUCKING JOB.

People have bills to pay and they have to take the first job that they can get. Most people don't have the luxury of sitting on their ass, sending out resumes and posting them in online job centers. If they don't want to get evicted from their crummy apartments and have their $300 car repossessed they have to have some kind of job and often Wal-Mart is the only place they can find a job. Wal-Mart hires the Nearly Dead ... just look at the geezers when you walk in. What other job are those old folks going to get? Most of them are retired but only have Social Security so they have to swallow their pride and become greeters at Wal-Mart.

I dearly wish you people who say " fuck 'em ... if they don't like it they are free to find another job " would be forced to switch places with those unfortunate employees for at least 1 YEAR so you could " try to find another job if you don't like it ". Your tune would change in a hurry if you had to live their lives.

Wal-Mart isn't responsible for the problems that people create for themselves. If they acquire bills without the means to pay them, that's their problem, not Wal-Mart's. A business isn't a charity. It doesn't exist to solve the financial problems or its employees. Until you left-wing morons get that through your head, there's no reason to discuss the issue with you.

So nobody's upset that Apple pays no taxes? Huh.

Go, Ignorance!

Almost all Apple employees have college degrees and valuable technical skills. A typical Wal-Mart employee could never get a job there.

NO, they get a check from the government because fools like you voted to give it to them. However you rationalize that decision is beside the point. The way you get small government is by voting for it. Unfortunately there are too many ticks sucking on the ass of society to make that immediately feasible.

Immediately feasible? That is never feasible as long as employers keep cutting pay, benefits, and retirement. Those rich people you worship are moving us farther away each year.

It's easily feasible. As I've noted numerous times, employers are not the legal guardians of their employees. They aren't legally obligated to provide them with food, clothing or housing. That's purely a fetish of commies like you.
If it was feasible it would happen. But even with a republican congress nothing is going to happen. What you want is political suicide and nobody is going to do that. Heck cutting welfare now without creating jobs would quickly tank the economy so its economic suicide too.

It's not politically feasible. It's feasible by any other measure.

What I want is for things to continue as they are now, people freely negotiating a wage with their employers. How is that going to "tank the economy?" If anything, what you are demanding would tank Wal-Mart and any other company that pays less than a "living wage."

Almost everything you post is commie bullshit.

Commies want small government? Everything I suggest would get people off welfare and give the economy a boost.

Puh leeze. The claim that you want small government doesn't pass the laugh test. What you want is for government to decide how much private corporations pay their employees. How is that consistent with "small government?"

It seems that is not good enough for the commie Bernie, I guess he want to have the government step in and appropriate (steal) the Walton family fortune. The thing about communist is that they feel they know best what to do with your money. If it were up to Bernie and those of the same mindset, you would turn your entire paycheck over to the government and the government would give you back what they thought you needed.

I take it you want the inheritance tax to be 99% so there is no money to be passed down to the kids.

We are discussing if they earned it. I think they were just lucky. None of them even hold a position with the company, that isn't earning.
So what? It is still their money. So if none of them even hold a position with the company, why are you bitching about them? Oh yes they are rich and you are not.
They are rich and collecting tons of corporate welfare. My taxes go to their employees.

Simple solution: if you don't want them receiving tax money, then end the programs that entitle them to receive it.

Why is the left so obsessed with how much money other people earn? Well why are they obsessed with other peoples personal business in general for that matter.

Go, Ignorance!

They are providing for the employees which means the government doesn't have to. The gov saves on welfare and collects more income tax cause they are paid well. If a company does that in not concerned about how much they pay in taxes.

The government isn't obligated to pay anyone's bills, moron, so your entire theory is based on a false premise.

Last edited:

Go, Ignorance!
========
Walgreens went ahead and merged with a Canadian company and no longer pays American taxes either.

Last year a lot of hell was raised about companies fleeing taxes but as soon as the heat was off Walgreens went right ahead and ducked out on American taxes.

They want American DOLLARS but don't want to pay American taxes. But the Army and Navy still have to defend Walgreens and it's operations in this and other countries and they still use our highways to get stuff to their stores for them to sell. But they duck out on paying the bills.

TYPICAL REPUBLICANS.

Why should Walgreens pay more taxes than the law requires it to pay? Can you explain that?

Go, Ignorance!

Check out Hilton Hotels

It is "attracting attention" because it is non-union, and unions hate it for that reason.

Nope. Your taxes are going to people who are so stupid and incompetent that they can't make enough money to pay their bills. Not a dime of it goes to Wal-Mart.

Forum List

Back