Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

If they don't pay taxes, individuals like you make up the shortfall. They're not saving the government, they're finding loopholes to avoid taxes...loopholes that Reagan said ought to be closed 30 years ago.

Simple equation: Corporation pay less/none = individual pay more.

They are providing for the employees which means the government doesn't have to.

The majority of corporations do. Walmart is the outlier, which is why it attracts so much attention.

The gov saves on welfare and collects more income tax cause they are paid well. If a company does that in not concerned about how much they pay in taxes.

Then why not exempt all corporations from taxes. What do you imagine would happen then?
Check out Hilton Hotels

I'm sure you have data. I look forward to your posting it.
If you just exempted all corps with no strings the money would funnel to the rich.
Exactly. But if you close those loopholes, penalize companies that send American jobs overseas and reward those that keep the jobs here, the tax structure becomes more equitable.

I would let companies pay zero if they create lots of jobs, pay well, and have good benefits and retirement. Everyone else obviously should pay.

Who cares what you would do?

The majority of corporations do. Walmart is the outlier, which is why it attracts so much attention.

Then why not exempt all corporations from taxes. What do you imagine would happen then?
If you just exempted all corps with no strings the money would funnel to the rich.
Exactly. But if you close those loopholes, penalize companies that send American jobs overseas and reward those that keep the jobs here, the tax structure becomes more equitable.

I would let companies pay zero if they create lots of jobs, pay well, and have good benefits and retirement. Everyone else obviously should pay.

I don't know if that would work, but it's refreshingly radical. :lol:

Nobody has given me a reason why it wouldn't yet. Would seem everyone wins. Employer gets to pay no taxes. Employee gets good pay and benefits. Government saves on welfare and collect more income tax. Economy gets a nice jump because more people have money.

"The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic."

- H.L.Mencken -​

They are providing for the employees which means the government doesn't have to.

The gov saves on welfare and collects more income tax cause they are paid well. If a company does that in not concerned about how much they pay in taxes.

Check out Hilton Hotels

At least one person more than cares what you'd do.

So two idiots care?

So two idiots care?

About you? Probably more than two.

Any possibility you'd have anything else to say about the topic? You know, that annoying "content" thing?

So two idiots care?

Any possibility you'd have anything else to say about the topic? You know, that annoying "content" thing?

Pretending to be stupid isn't a winning debate strategy

So two idiots care?

Pretending to be stupid isn't a winning debate strategy
So you will be getting back on topic. Excellent!

Immediately feasible? That is never feasible as long as employers keep cutting pay, benefits, and retirement. Those rich people you worship are moving us farther away each year.

It's easily feasible. As I've noted numerous times, employers are not the legal guardians of their employees. They aren't legally obligated to provide them with food, clothing or housing. That's purely a fetish of commies like you.
If it was feasible it would happen. But even with a republican congress nothing is going to happen. What you want is political suicide and nobody is going to do that. Heck cutting welfare now without creating jobs would quickly tank the economy so its economic suicide too.

It's not politically feasible. It's feasible by any other measure.

What I want is for things to continue as they are now, people freely negotiating a wage with their employers. How is that going to "tank the economy?" If anything, what you are demanding would tank Wal-Mart and any other company that pays less than a "living wage."

Almost everything you post is commie bullshit.

Commies want small government? Everything I suggest would get people off welfare and give the economy a boost.

Puh leeze. The claim that you want small government doesn't pass the laugh test. What you want is for government to decide how much private corporations pay their employees. How is that consistent with "small government?"

Again, either employers or the government provide for people. If you want small government it has to be the employer. As employers pay less and give less benefits the government grows. Haven't you noticed?

Sam Walton earned it. These kids were lucky to be born his.
By all rights, it is still the kids money. Yes they were lucky but what of it?
I take it you want the inheritance tax to be 99% so there is no money to be passed down to the kids.
Watch out your envy is getting the best of you right now.

We are discussing if they earned it. I think they were just lucky. None of them even hold a position with the company, that isn't earning.
So what? It is still their money. So if none of them even hold a position with the company, why are you bitching about them? Oh yes they are rich and you are not.
They are rich and collecting tons of corporate welfare. My taxes go to their employees.

Simple solution: if you don't want them receiving tax money, then end the programs that entitle them to receive it.

And like I said, just ending them is political suicide and won't happen. Stop living in fantasy land.

Sam Walton earned it. These kids were lucky to be born his.
I take it you want the inheritance tax to be 99% so there is no money to be passed down to the kids.

We are discussing if they earned it. I think they were just lucky. None of them even hold a position with the company, that isn't earning.
So what? It is still their money. So if none of them even hold a position with the company, why are you bitching about them? Oh yes they are rich and you are not.
They are rich and collecting tons of corporate welfare. My taxes go to their employees.

Nope. Your taxes are going to people who are so stupid and incompetent that they can't make enough money to pay their bills. Not a dime of it goes to Wal-Mart.

Yes but walmart gets rich off their work, not me. Since they are getting rich they should be providing for them, not me.

Check out Hilton Hotels

Well you should because it would actually be good for the country. Your plan has been an epic failure.

Nope. Your taxes are going to people who are so stupid and incompetent that they can't make enough money to pay their bills. Not a dime of it goes to Wal-Mart.

Yes but walmart gets rich off their work, not me. Since they are getting rich they should be providing for them, not me.
They get rich off of their purchasing power...

They don't sell anything without that cheap labor working the stores.

They don't sell anything without that cheap labor working the stores.
The labor has no risk in the game, all of the risk is with the ownership.

They *got* rich in Sam Walton's day. These days they're tanking. I guess you missed that part.

Forum List

Back