Bernie's people warned Hillary's people

"most qualified candidate in history" couldn't get elected TWICE. Got beat by DONALD TRUMP FFS
Put that in your abortion and smoke it.

I was pretty much just assuming that Hillary was going to win, so I didn't pay much attention to what she was saying in her speeches. I do remember her spending a lot of time slamming Trump and not getting into the meat & potatoes, but those were just sound bytes from her speeches.

Anyway, here's an interesting piece from the Daily Beast:

Team Bernie: Hillary ‘F*cking Ignored’ Us in Swing States

Behind-the-scenes stuff is always interesting. From the piece:

“They fucking ignored us on all these [three] battleground states [while] we were sounding the alarm for months,” Nomiki Konst, a progressive activist and former Sanders surrogate who served on the 2016 Democratic National Committee platform committee, told The Daily Beast. “We kept saying to each other like, ‘What the fuck, why are they just blowing us off? They need these voters more than anybody.’”

“The math that they lost on, is the math we won on,” Konst said. “So we wrote out a plan, and sent it to them, telling them to stop thinking you’re going to get this ‘Obama coalition,’ it’s not going to happen.”

“We were painting them a dire picture, and I couldn’t help but think they literally looked like they had no idea what was going on here,” she continued. “I remember their faces, it was like they had never fucking heard this stuff before. It’s what we had been screaming for the past 9 months… It’s like [they] forgot the basics of Politics 101.”

“A ham sandwich could beat Donald Trump,” Melissa Arab, a Michigan delegate for Sanders, told The Daily Beast during a protest outside the Democratic convention in July. “And Hillary cannot beat Donald Trump.”

“For me this is not about Hillary Clinton, this is about HIllary Clinton’s staff becoming too insular, too professional where regular working-class folks did not matter to them,” Kleeb said. “She had too many people [on her campaign] wearing Prada going into pollster meetings, not enough of us.”

REALLY???

How dumb does Hillary and her campaign have to be not see what was coming? Bernie won a ton of states...that should have told them they were in trouble. Plus, Trump's rallies were enormous and he was getting all the press.
I don't think it's about intelligence. Look at the last paragraph. I think it was about the elitism that so many people have enough of.
Agreed...and elitism CAN BE ignorant. It almost always is.

Bernie and Hillary were in many ways, polar opposites. She was for the billionaire class..completely controlled by it...yet Bernie railed against the billionaire class.

Had Bernie really gone after Hillary hard, he might have won.

I also wonder if ol Bernie will become irrelevant. It showed his true colors(funny way of putting it) when he endorsed Hildabeast. Seriously, WTF

I was pretty much just assuming that Hillary was going to win, so I didn't pay much attention to what she was saying in her speeches. I do remember her spending a lot of time slamming Trump and not getting into the meat & potatoes, but those were just sound bytes from her speeches.

“They fucking ignored us on all these [three] battleground states [while] we were sounding the alarm for months,” Nomiki Konst, a progressive activist and former Sanders surrogate who served on the 2016 Democratic National Committee platform committee, told The Daily Beast. “We kept saying to each other like, ‘What the fuck, why are they just blowing us off? They need these voters more than anybody.’”

“The math that they lost on, is the math we won on,” Konst said. “So we wrote out a plan, and sent it to them, telling them to stop thinking you’re going to get this ‘Obama coalition,’ it’s not going to happen.”

“We were painting them a dire picture, and I couldn’t help but think they literally looked like they had no idea what was going on here,” she continued. “I remember their faces, it was like they had never fucking heard this stuff before. It’s what we had been screaming for the past 9 months… It’s like [they] forgot the basics of Politics 101.”

“A ham sandwich could beat Donald Trump,” Melissa Arab, a Michigan delegate for Sanders, told The Daily Beast during a protest outside the Democratic convention in July. “And Hillary cannot beat Donald Trump.”

“For me this is not about Hillary Clinton, this is about HIllary Clinton’s staff becoming too insular, too professional where regular working-class folks did not matter to them,” Kleeb said. “She had too many people [on her campaign] wearing Prada going into pollster meetings, not enough of us.”

REALLY???

How dumb does Hillary and her campaign have to be not see what was coming? Bernie won a ton of states...that should have told them they were in trouble. Plus, Trump's rallies were enormous and he was getting all the press.
I don't think it's about intelligence. Look at the last paragraph. I think it was about the elitism that so many people have enough of.

Bernie and Hillary were in many ways, polar opposites. She was for the billionaire class..completely controlled by it...yet Bernie railed against the billionaire class.

Bernie was not going to win. Regardless of what we may think looks do matter. Bernie looks like the keeper of the crypt, Hillary looks, at times, like death warmed over. Trump looks presidential, even though he doesn't sound it, and his family looks glamorous. That sells.

Uh-huh, different rhetoric, same career politician, gub'mint worshiping brain.

IMHO the only real difference between the two is that Bernie is (somewhat) honest and Hillary isn't a complete economics and finance illiterate.

I also wonder if ol Bernie will become irrelevant. It showed his true colors(funny way of putting it) when he endorsed Hildabeast. Seriously, WTF
Agreed...his career is likely over. But, he made his millions and now can retire very very comfortably.

Just another scumbag lying politician.

REALLY???

Bernie was not going to win. Regardless of what we may think looks do matter. Bernie looks like the keeper of the crypt, Hillary looks, at times, like death warmed over. Trump is looks presidential, even though he doesn't sound it, and his family looks glamorous. That sells.
I was referring to Bernie winning the D nomination, not the general....However I do think it possible he could have beaten Trump...but we will never know.

He was purchased by Clinton.....
I guess..
I understand not liking Trump/wanting him to be President. I totally do. But to throw away DECADES of integrity and rhetoric? I feel like he HAD to have gotten something out of it. It had to be YYYUUUGGEEE

How convient of Bernie to rail again against the man but when push came to shove he supported the "man" Clinton. They were laughing at Bernie because his net worth was so low. Yet as soon as he gave up against Hillary he bought a vacation home, interesting timing. Not surprising though, Bernie is a democrat.

He wasn't stupid. He knew his people/followers would get NOTHING of what they wanted if Trump became president but financial woes and heartache....more so than with Hillary....crumbs to eat was better than none....
He had no options but to support Hillary, for his follower's sake.

REALLY???

Bernie was not going to win. Regardless of what we may think looks do matter. Bernie looks like the keeper of the crypt, Hillary looks, at times, like death warmed over. Trump is looks presidential, even though he doesn't sound it, and his family looks glamorous. That sells.
I was referring to Bernie winning the D nomination, not the general....However I do think it possible he could have beaten Trump...but we will never know.

since the democrats jump to a big lead just with the West and East coast yeah Bernie could have won. That is why Trump said he would rather run against Hillary. If nothing else Bernie had some different ideas, Hillary was just the same old crap.

Hillary still would have lost. She was too corrupt to put into office.

Team Trump would simply have had to try a few more things to shed her those votes and they only needed one of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.

Remember how far down Trump was just two weeks before the election?

And he still came back to win.

No, Hillary would have still lost as she was guiding her campaign based on false information and deeply flawed polling. The Sanders people would have not saved her.

"Remember how far down Trump was just two weeks before the election?"
I never believed the polls that had Trump down. I think he was ahead most of the time but the polls over weighed Dems and underweighed Independents and Repubs.

Not surprising she/they ignored them, especially after trump got the nomination, as they thought they'do beat him easily.

"Why aren't I 50 points ahead?"

They royally bungled an very winnable race because they thought they had it in the bag.

He was purchased by Clinton.....
I guess..
I understand not liking Trump/wanting him to be President. I totally do. But to throw away DECADES of integrity and rhetoric? I feel like he HAD to have gotten something out of it. It had to be YYYUUUGGEEE
He did get something out of it, he gets to be the co-voice of the Democrat Party far left wing, that wasn't going to happen if he turned his nose up at the Democrat Nominee or actually showed some principles (and balls) and ran as an independent.

REALLY???

since the democrats jump to a big lead just with the West and East coast yeah Bernie could have won. That is why Trump said he would rather run against Hillary. If nothing else Bernie had some different ideas, Hillary was just the same old crap.
And remember, there were people who preferred both Trump and Bernie over Hillary.

Both of them represented pushback against the same old crap. But Hillary was a shoo-in regardless.

REALLY???

You know what Gipper, I contend that the Hillary faction of the Democratic party, is totally different than the Bernie side. They are like water and oil, they don't mix well. This is exactly why they had to make Trump look like Joe wants him to look, because without the threat of a Nazi, or racist, or whatever on the Republican side, the Democrats would NOT come out and vote for the lesser of 2 evils, that being Hillary. The Republicans already had their narrative on Hillary, so the Democrats HAD to create the narrative on Trump that was WORSE than Mz Clintons. They failed miserably, and in the end, enough Democrats switched sides to push him in, along with enough Democrats staying home to keep her out. For the 1st time in recent memory, the Democratic narrative failed nationally, and THAT is why the left is in a panic. It failed so badly that when people like Joe call us racists today, we laugh at them. 8 weeks ago, we defended ourselves against the phony narrative, lol. The instinctively know their narrative is now failing, so they are trying to double down, and know what.....America is still laughing, hehehehehehe!

He wasn't stupid. He knew his people/followers would get NOTHING of what they wanted if Trump became president but financial woes and heartache....more so than with Hillary....crumbs to eat was better than none....
He had no options but to support Hillary, for his follower's sake.
Yes, a corporatist and war monger that said his policies were unrealistic is the BEST CHOICE for the little people. Give me a freaking break.
He ended up supporting the EXACT thing he rallied against for DECADES.

People like Clinton gave Bernie his career. And then he ended up supporting it LMAO
What a JOKE

Forum List

Back