Besides being opposed to abortion, why would republicans call themselves Christian?

gyQsduB.jpg

That is the Republican view.

I believe just the opposite.

No Penny. Scriptures. Not made up Scriptures your overlords fed you.

Actual Scriptures. What does it mean to be a Christian from Scripture?

matthew 7:12 comes to mind. although i wouldn't say it only applies to christians.

Then that's not what it means to be a Christian, is it?

then jesus was bigoted towards anyone who didn't follow him, & thought them lesserhumans because of it?

hmmmmm...... then, you ARE a christian by those standards.

If by "bigoted" you mean that Jesus did not come to save everyone, you are exactly right. That is true. In fact the Bible separates humans into "sheep" and "goats". Not based on race, intellect, or anything other than their willingness to follow God and Christ. That is correct.

The God of the Universe gets to choose.

lol.... oh, i know that. i love though how you ASSume & proclaim who & who is not a christian, though

my personal favorite passage is matthew 6: 5-13.

try it sometime.

Jesus was not a racist bigot and he took care of his disciples first. God first created borders.

Exodus 23:31
"I will fix your boundary from the Red Sea to the sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness to the River Euphrates; for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you will drive them out before you.

Deuteronomy 19:14
Verse Concepts

"You shall not move your neighbor's boundary mark, which the ancestors have set, in your inheritance which you will inherit in the land that the LORD your God gives you to possess.

Exodus 19:12

"You shall set bounds for the people all around, saying, 'Beware that you do not go up on the mountain or touch the border of it; whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death.

No Penny. Scriptures. Not made up Scriptures your overlords fed you.

Actual Scriptures. What does it mean to be a Christian from Scripture?

matthew 7:12 comes to mind. although i wouldn't say it only applies to christians.

then jesus was bigoted towards anyone who didn't follow him, & thought them lesserhumans because of it?

If by "bigoted" you mean that Jesus did not come to save everyone, you are exactly right. That is true. In fact the Bible separates humans into "sheep" and "goats". Not based on race, intellect, or anything other than their willingness to follow God and Christ. That is correct.

lol.... oh, i know that. i love though how you ASSume & proclaim who & who is not a christian, though

try it sometime.

I didn't proclaim who is and is not a Christian. You're really offended that God and His Son get to proclaim it. In truth, you want to be the one to do it--you want to be the one who says who gets saved and who does not, based on whatever criteria you choose.

That's really the crux of this thread. It's Christians saying, "God chooses" and it's non-Christians saying "We choose". You're upset that Christians are only pointing to God and PROJECTING on us that WE want to choose.

No, we don't. And we know we don't. It's really you who want to choose. Just own it already.

try it sometime.

I didn't proclaim who is and is not a Christian. You're really offended that God and His Son get to proclaim it. In truth, you want to be the one to do it--you want to be the one who says who gets saved and who does not, based on whatever criteria you choose.

That's really the crux of this thread. It's Christians saying, "God chooses" and it's non-Christians saying "We choose". You're upset that Christians are only pointing to God and PROJECTING on us that WE want to choose.

No, we don't. And we know we don't. It's really you who want to choose. Just own it already.

lol.... ya, you did.

to me. when i made fun of your president citing two corinthians.

Talk about some serious cherry-picking of the Bible. Those two issues are just based on “no” rather anything pro-active.

I suppose it’s Republican Jesus that they worship!

gyQsduB.jpg
Funny how you bleeding hearts constantly claim you care for people yet your answer is for someone else to foot the bill.

Your homes have fences around them and you have locks on your doors and a big dog in the yard and no trespassing signs. This country is my home and I expect the same. Yes, be kind to strangers but that does not mean you have to take them in your home and provide shelter, food, medical care and educate them. And stand your ground laws allow you to defend your home against intruders or an invasion as at the border. Illegal immigration is a crime and the punishment is deportation and not amnesty or a path to citizenship. Automatic birthright citizenship is an anchor,

You keep pulling Christmas away you get uglyness .We are not tramping on your rights, we want to hold you in our arms..and say no worries . We love you no matter who you are.
`
I don't see any war on christianity. It's nothing more than a conservative talking point. They can't prove it but have excelled in self-victimization to a point where they actually do believe it exists. While many of the evangelical cult espouse this phony war on religion, there are also patches of Catholics, Lutherans, etc (who listen to talk radio) and are caught up in this mindless, conspiratorial frenzy.

When men take over religion and meld it into politics, it becomes a deceptive, cancerous rot. It's a deception so well done, it misleads the faithful. That's where the problem is.
`

If you don't see it why can't we have it?

Their is so many denomination's

Why can't we have mangers in city parks, Christmas trees , Santa's..

Why does that offend a non Christian?

Because the constitution prevents it. You know it or you should know it.

The government can't put one religion above another. If a public park has one religious symbol then it has to have religious symbols for ALL religions.

The constitution separates the government from religion and prevents the government from giving one religion preference above another. It also requires that everyone being treated equally under the law.

That isn't any war on Christianity. It's following the constitution.

You might want to read that document and try to understand it.

try it sometime.

lol.... ya, you did.

to me. when i made fun of your president citing two corinthians.

Dead wrong. I said you hadn't read 2 Corinthians. I didn't say you're not a Christian. Go back and read what I said.

You keep pulling Christmas away you get uglyness .We are not tramping on your rights, we want to hold you in our arms..and say no worries . We love you no matter who you are.
`
I don't see any war on christianity. It's nothing more than a conservative talking point. They can't prove it but have excelled in self-victimization to a point where they actually do believe it exists. While many of the evangelical cult espouse this phony war on religion, there are also patches of Catholics, Lutherans, etc (who listen to talk radio) and are caught up in this mindless, conspiratorial frenzy.

When men take over religion and meld it into politics, it becomes a deceptive, cancerous rot. It's a deception so well done, it misleads the faithful. That's where the problem is.
`

The government can't put one religion above another. If a public park has one religious symbol then it has to have religious symbols for ALL religions.

The constitution separates the government from religion and prevents the government from giving one religion preference above another. It also requires that everyone being treated equally under the law.

The Constitution prevents an establishment of religion. You might be the one that needs to read it and what establishment means.

`

`

The Constitution prevents an establishment of religion. You might be the one that needs to read it and what establishment means.

The "establishment of religion" clause of the First Amendment means at least this: Neither a state nor the federal government can set up a church. Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion over another.
Establishment Clause - Wikipedia

or if you prefer:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Two clauses of the First Amendment concern the relationship of government to religion: the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause.
Introduction to the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment

law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/estabinto.htm

--------------------------------

no cherry picking of the Constitution or the bible allowed.

`

`

The "establishment of religion" clause of the First Amendment means at least this: Neither a state nor the federal government can set up a church. Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion over another.

--------------------------------

no cherry picking.

If you knew anything about history, you'd know why the word "establishment" was used by the founding fathers. You are correct with the first part about establishment. After that, you're lost.

Talk about some serious cherry-picking of the Bible. Those two issues are just based on “no” rather anything pro-active.

gyQsduB.jpg

I'm convinced this is just the warm up.

The hatred of Christians is so vicious that pretty soon, if we don't follow NON-CHRISTIANS version of the Jesus you hate anyway, we'll be all ready for your "reeducation camps"

Happy?

If only you Republicans would not give Christianity a bad name.

so concentration camps for Christians are good if we do my go along with Democrat programs and seek instead to follow the Lord. really?

No one said anything about concentration camps, but perhaps a lot of republicans can be re-educated concerning what Christianity really means.

I’m sorry, but what do you think re-education camps are?

You really want to take the position that people who don’t read the Scriptures and have utter contempt for them are going to explain to people who study the Scriptures diligently what Christianity actually means?

I'm convinced this is just the warm up.

The hatred of Christians is so vicious that pretty soon, if we don't follow NON-CHRISTIANS version of the Jesus you hate anyway, we'll be all ready for your "reeducation camps"

Happy?

so concentration camps for Christians are good if we do my go along with Democrat programs and seek instead to follow the Lord. really?

No one said anything about concentration camps, but perhaps a lot of republicans can be re-educated concerning what Christianity really means.

Why don't you tell us what Christianity really means using Scriptures, Penny.

Go
gyQsduB.jpg

Please stop lying

Why don't you tell us what Christianity really means using Scriptures, Penny.

Go
gyQsduB.jpg

Please stop lying

I don't lie.

gyQsduB.jpg
Another commie idiot does not understand the concept of free will in Christianity.

Not surprised. Commies always bastardize everything to give themselves power.

And no, I am not Christian. I am Norse Pagan (Thor, Odin, Valhalla, :lol:)

Forum List

Back