Besides being opposed to abortion, why would republicans call themselves Christian?

Jobs ..

Give a man a fish he will eat for the day, teach him how to fish he will eat for life

Democrats don't offer jobs ..

Democrats created far more jobs than Reagan. Both Clinton and Obama created far more jobs than Reagan, or Bush, or Trump. The things that Republicans talk about doing, the Democrats actually do those things.

Not seeing a lot of serious answers so far.
You call yourself Christian if Jesus is your Lord and Savior. Whether you are Republican is not a factor.
I thought this was obvious to thinking people.
It can be a little confusing when those of us who are not religious hear that a person is a "Christian" but then observe their behaviors.

There is a regular dichotomy there that can be somewhat dissonant for "thinking people".
they usually only have to be right, twice a day.
I no longer put forth a great deal of effort trying to understand these inconsistencies.

This stuff just is what it is. I just get curious once in a while.

You call yourself Christian if Jesus is your Lord and Savior. Whether you are Republican is not a factor.
It can be a little confusing when those of us who are not religious hear that a person is a "Christian" but then observe their behaviors.

There is a regular dichotomy there that can be somewhat dissonant for "thinking people".

Funny that you usually have no such dissonance for any other world religion. Isn't that something? Did you ever examine that? Other religions can certainly have their holy men and women and they are revered by unbelievers.

But Christians run hospitals, give to the poor in record numbers, go abroad to serve....nope. still, never good enough.

There is a reason for that.

I'm sure you would hate it.
You didn't ask about my opinions of other world religions (you brought it up), so you just made something up and ran with assumptions.

This is what I'm talking about.

Christians more likely to give to the poor than non-believers. As if we needed a study for this:

Religious Americans Give More, New Study Finds

Why? Because all major religions are for the weak and/or the ignorant and or the desperate.

And that - sadly - describes many Republicans in 2018.

I no longer put forth a great deal of effort trying to understand these inconsistencies.

You spew inconsistencies and non-facts and sit up on your mountain, very self-satisfied. As you're doing now.

You're already wrong about Christians, but whatever Mac.

Why? Because all major religions are for the weak and/or the ignorant and or the desperate.

Well you're just made up a religion where you are your own god. And fashioned that this is for you: the strong, the informed, and the self-contained.

It will last you for your lifetime, if you are very, VERY fortunate.

VERY fortunate.

You spew inconsistencies and non-facts and sit up on your mountain, very self-satisfied. As you're doing now.

Okay, whatever you'd like.

Oh--and if you are very, very lucky, you might meet a woman who ALSO has fashioned herself as her own goddess, and you two will spend your lives trying to figure out Whose God Wins on that particular day.

Fun! Lovely.

Mac, you had promise as a poster, but turned out to be an intellectual coward.

Get into the fight, but don't poo sling from the corner and then pretend you're above it all.

Get into the fight, but don't poo sling from the corner and then pretend you're above it all.
I'll answer any question you'd like. But when you get pissy I lose interest, as I do with anyone else.

Go ahead.

I'll answer any question you'd like. But when you get pissy I lose interest, as I do with anyone else.

Go ahead.

I don't have any questions. You slung poo at Christians like a lazy, unintellectual non-believer. I countered with actual facts. Now I'm supposed to have questions for you?

Not playing, Mac. Rather, wiping the dust from my sandals.

Go ahead.

I don't have any questions. You slung poo at Christians like a lazy, unintellectual non-believer. I countered with actual facts. Now I'm supposed to have questions for you?

Not playing, Mac. Rather, wiping the dust from my sandals.
Okay, well, a stimulating conversation as always.

If you don't see it why can't we have it? Their is so many denomination's Why can't we have mangers in city parks, Christmas trees , Santa's.. Why does that offend a non Christian?
`
How would I know? I'm an unconventional deist...I believe in a supreme divinity, only such a belief is eclectic. The rise of the angry atheist came about the same way the angry trump supporter formed. Demonize a people long enough and they will rise up. The religious right has been using atheists as their whipping boy for so long they finally rose up in the attack mode, separation of church and state concerns. Very similar to what the white males felt being used as a scapegoat by the far left. They elected trump. Both sides created what they fear most.
`

Last edited:
Talk about some serious cherry-picking of the Bible. Those two issues are just based on “no” rather anything pro-active.

I suppose it’s Republican Jesus that they worship!

gyQsduB.jpg
You're confused. Jesus never used government to feed and heal the sick. Lefties often confuse government with God because they don't believe in God and rely on government to take care of their every need.

If you don't see it why can't we have it? Their is so many denomination's Why can't we have mangers in city parks, Christmas trees , Santa's.. Why does that offend a non Christian?
`
How would I know? I'm an unconventional deist...I believe in a supreme divinity, only such a belief is eclectic. The rise of the angry atheist came about the same way the angry trump supporter formed. Demonize a people long enough and they will rise up. The religious right has been using atheists as their whipping boy for so long they finally rose up in the attack mode, separation of church and state concerns. Very similar to what the white males felt being used as a scapegoat for the far left. They elected trump. Both sides created what they fear most.
`
The rise of the angry atheist came about
Due to Marxism, because as long as there is a God that gives "Inalienable Rights", no government can take them away, except by the point of a gun...This is the reason why the left has so much lunatic Hatred twoards the US citizens belief in God.
Inalienable Rights
The natural rights theory states that people are born with an equality of some rights, irrespective of their nationality, explains the Bill of Rights Institute. These natural or "inalienable" rights cannot be justly taken away without consent, as these come from nature or God.
What are examples of inalienable rights? | Reference.com
www.reference.com/government-politics/examples-inalienable-rights-320a79f3523bcdd5

Forum List

Back