Best argument against gun control. Nothing else needs to be said.

NO one is looking to repeal the 2nd. Typical red herring tactic .

You mean other than the leadership of the democrat party, their last President, their last Presidential Candidate, all the judges their last President appointed, all the democrats at the CNN Town Hall where they screamed they wanted to confiscate all semi automatic weapons and at the D.C rally where they carried signs saying they wanted to repeal the 2nd Amendment and their SJW Supreme Court Justice, Stephens, who said we need to repeal the 2nd Amendment.....?

You mean except for all of those people in political power?

You mean other than the leadership of the democrat party, their last President, their last Presidential Candidate, all the judges their last President appointed, all the democrats at the CNN Town Hall where they screamed they wanted to confiscate all semi automatic weapons and at the D.C rally where they carried signs saying they wanted to repeal the 2nd Amendment and their SJW Supreme Court Justice, Stephens, who said we need to repeal the 2nd Amendment.....?

You mean except for all of those people in political power?

Ohhh signs at a protest ! Means nothing.

When did obama look to repeal the 2nd? Righties make up crap to fool the idiots in their base .

What is your stance, and what would your stance accomplish?
I own guns and am supportive of law abiding citizens rights to own firearms. I’m fine with placing strong regulations on weapons or accessories that make guns more capable of mass casualties, like autos, bump stocks, and LCMs. I’m also fine with a registration, quick universal background check process, beefing up a restriction database and a waiting period to reduce impulse buys

And this accomplished what?

None of the thing slade wants does anything to stop criminals or mass shooters...not a single thing. What it does do is make it incrementally more difficult, and incrementally more legally perilous for law abiding people to own and carry guns, as not doing the things he wants will incur stiff penalties on the law abiding, while criminals do whatever they want.

And nothing he suggested will work, or is needed...we have all the laws we need right now, the problem is that the democrat party keeps letting violent gun criminals out of jail........fix that, and our already declining gun violence will go even lower...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
Do you believe that the regulations we have on automobiles have made the roads safer and decreased car deaths? Things like drivers licenses, airbags, seat belts and speed limits?

Using your logic, then not nearly enough car regulations are in place.

I pointed out earlier how your proposed solutions would save no lifes, or actually increase deaths. I also posted earlier that, if the goal is to eliminate as many deaths as possible, a "common sense car regulation" would be to simply eliminate any car capable of exceeding 45 mph.

My regulation still allows you to own and drive a car, just limit it's "potential" killing power.

Of course my "common sense car regulation" has proven data to back it up.

Don't worry though, no ones advocating taking your car.
I’m not advocating taking your gun. And cars do get regulated which is why you don’t see race cars doing 200 mph all over the roads. And data has shown that car related deaths have decrease because of safety measures that have been put in place.

I own guns and am supportive of law abiding citizens rights to own firearms. I’m fine with placing strong regulations on weapons or accessories that make guns more capable of mass casualties, like autos, bump stocks, and LCMs. I’m also fine with a registration, quick universal background check process, beefing up a restriction database and a waiting period to reduce impulse buys

And what accomplished what? You asked what I support, I just told you.

A bit of a typo. What would passing those accomplish?
Most are already in place, like the regulations on Autos and the fact you can’t just legally buy them on the street or at the local sporting goods store. I believe we are safer because of that. Same goes for the others. Regulations either make the weapons safer or less accessible to those who shouldn’t own them. It’s not a hard concept to understand. I believe we have had this discussion before

Apparently, it is a hard concept for you, since nothing you suggested actually works. Criminals who do the majority of the gun murders in 2016.... 11,004, are not stopped by anything you suggested....

Mass shooters, are not stopped by anything you suggested......

Nothing you want does anything.

We have the answers, but because they don't include banning and confiscating guns, you don't want the answers.

Lock up violent gun criminals for 30 years, as Japan does.

Put armed guards in schools or allow trained and armed staff in schools and get rid of democrat gun free school zones..

That is how you actually make a difference, not by taking guns away from law abiding people...

We have experience, we know how this works...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
You don’t know any of that because you can’t prove a negative. You can’t prove or count the number of guys that didn’t commit murders because they couldn’t get guns. And you can’t count the guys that killed less people because they had a pistol instead of an Uzi. You can’t count the crimes that were prevented because of our laws and regulations.

No argument is needed. They will NEVER get a 2/3rds majority in congress and the states to repeal it. Never.
They may tinker around the edges but the 2nd is not in danger. Too much focus on the big picture while the left whittles away on the fringes.

FOCUS

Maybe so, but sane patriots can nibble at the edges like anti-choice NaziCons nibble at Roe v. Wade. Enjoy the ride...

No argument is needed. They will NEVER get a 2/3rds majority in congress and the states to repeal it. Never.
They may tinker around the edges but the 2nd is not in danger. Too much focus on the big picture while the left whittles away on the fringes.

FOCUS
Did you ever think we would ever debate mens and womens bathrooms?

Boy Scouts was offensive to these pigs
The word waitress in an add is so offensive that it is worthy of 6 figure fines.
Cannot say stewardess, without being stoned to death by the blithering hypocrites.

Do not underestimate how powerful hype which leads to group think is. Our traditions are being ripped down and being replaced slowley but surely by marxist ideology.

We have two operatives hiding under your bed, just waiting for you to fall asleep.

Most are already in place, like the regulations on Autos and the fact you can’t just legally buy them on the street or at the local sporting goods store. I believe we are safer because of that. Same goes for the others. Regulations either make the weapons safer or less accessible to those who shouldn’t own them. It’s not a hard concept to understand. I believe we have had this discussion before
Vehicle ownership is a privilege, not an right, firearm ownership is an absolute right till someone fucks it up for themselves…
You need to be better educated…
You are such a predictable parrot. My statement had nothing to do with our rights to do anything. We were talking about whether laws and regulations were effective in reducing casualties. How about you stop with the mindless talking points and try listening for a change.

None of the thing slade wants does anything to stop criminals or mass shooters...not a single thing. What it does do is make it incrementally more difficult, and incrementally more legally perilous for law abiding people to own and carry guns, as not doing the things he wants will incur stiff penalties on the law abiding, while criminals do whatever they want.

And nothing he suggested will work, or is needed...we have all the laws we need right now, the problem is that the democrat party keeps letting violent gun criminals out of jail........fix that, and our already declining gun violence will go even lower...

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Do you believe that the regulations we have on automobiles have made the roads safer and decreased car deaths? Things like drivers licenses, airbags, seat belts and speed limits?

I pointed out earlier how your proposed solutions would save no lifes, or actually increase deaths. I also posted earlier that, if the goal is to eliminate as many deaths as possible, a "common sense car regulation" would be to simply eliminate any car capable of exceeding 45 mph.

My regulation still allows you to own and drive a car, just limit it's "potential" killing power.

I’m not advocating taking your gun. And cars do get regulated which is why you don’t see race cars doing 200 mph all over the roads. And data has shown that car related deaths have decrease because of safety measures that have been put in place.

The majority people being killed with guns are gang members and suicidal individuals. In neither case would your proposal stop any.

My proposal would save 10s of thousands each year.

You propose a zero effect. I propose an incredible life savings

Don’t worry, we aren’t going to take your cars, even though they are far more efficient killers.

Vehicle ownership is a privilege, not an right, firearm ownership is an absolute right till someone fucks it up for themselves…
You are such a predictable parrot. My statement had nothing to do with our rights to do anything. We were talking about whether laws and regulations were effective in reducing casualties. How about you stop with the mindless talking points and try listening for a change.
Frivolous gun control laws have never saved a single soul…

Apparently, it is a hard concept for you, since nothing you suggested actually works. Criminals who do the majority of the gun murders in 2016.... 11,004, are not stopped by anything you suggested....

We have the answers, but because they don't include banning and confiscating guns, you don't want the answers.

Put armed guards in schools or allow trained and armed staff in schools and get rid of democrat gun free school zones..

That is how you actually make a difference, not by taking guns away from law abiding people...

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

You don’t know any of that because you can’t prove a negative. You can’t prove or count the number of guys that didn’t commit murders because they couldn’t get guns. And you can’t count the guys that killed less people because they had a pistol instead of an Uzi. You can’t count the crimes that were prevented because of our laws and regulations.

I posted about three that did not have access to guns. They committed suicide by other methods that took the lives of 9 others.

What part of making the body count higher did you not understand?

Whenever the left get destroyed by logic with this issue, they always go to the old....

"we don't want to confiscate guns from every law abiding citizen"

Ever notice how they never attack any of the assholes with signs at their rallies with smelly hippies that advocate abolishing the 2nd amendment?

Just what the fuck do they suppose abolishing the 2nd amendment advocates?

1914 and the machine gun, 4 years of a malaise that emphasized the rock paper scissors conundrum. We don't need that conundrum introduced into American society as if it's an either/or alternative.. Ban the infernal things. We can do just fine without guns.

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

The majority people being killed with guns are gang members and suicidal individuals. In neither case would your proposal stop any.

My proposal would save 10s of thousands each year.

You propose a zero effect. I propose an incredible life savings

Don’t worry, we aren’t going to take your cars, even though they are far more efficient killers.
I just explained why you can’t have a stat for those who were prevented from killing because of laws so you can’t say it will have a zero effect. I guess you don’t get it

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

I posted about three that did not have access to guns. They committed suicide by other methods that took the lives of 9 others.

What part of making the body count higher did you not understand?
Yup that will happen too, many people will find a way

How about the non frivolous gun control laws? Which ones are you cool with?

Enforce the current laws, have real criminal control. The vast majority of violent criminals are repeat offenders.
Execute violent criminals... Stop the cycle

Enforce the current laws, have real criminal control. The vast majority of violent criminals are repeat offenders.
So are you saying that you support the current gun control laws that we have on the books?

So are you saying that you support the current gun control laws that we have on the books?
Generally, but they need to be streamlined.
Such as background checks, purchases of firearms should be instantaneous. Like a Visa card, right now it takes two to four minutes for me to run a background check on a customer. It should only take seconds just like a credit card approval.

We NEED Guns to STOP gun violence? So sez the NRA, So conversely, if we didn't have gun violence, we wound't need guns? Talk about a cyclical argument. I want to just repeal the second amendment. No more mass shootings, no more bullets in my house. No more dead school kids, it a win-win situation all around.

Forum List

Back