Best Band Ever? Any genre...

Nahh, got all of you plebes beat with this group. Started off in 1969 by the late Maurice White as the Salty Peppers, then renamed Earth, Wind, and Fire! Even though their lineup changed many times over the years since its inception, the core musicians; Ralph Johnson, Philip Bailey, and Verdine White; are still there, still touring, still recording.

Metallica has the most talent...hands down. But I'm a man of all genres...love classical when the mood is right...but best band ever? Led Zep was great...can't stand the Stones...way too many to name to really narrow it down to one.
Simple. Beatles.
Aw geez... next to Rolling Stones, the Beatles is the most over rated band in the world. Not to say they didn't do good stuff, but the best that came out of the group was after they split up. It has always been a ridiculous statement that they are one of the founders of rock and roll.... complete fantasy

Metallica has the most talent...hands down. But I'm a man of all genres...love classical when the mood is right...but best band ever? Led Zep was great...can't stand the Stones...way too many to name to really narrow it down to one.
Simple. Beatles.
Aw geez... next to Rolling Stones, the Beatles is the most over rated band in the world. Not to say they didn't do good stuff, but the best that came out of the group was after they split up. It has always been a ridiculous statement that they are one of the founders of rock and roll.... complete fantasy
Paul McCartney's music with his and Linda's group "Wings" was far superior over the Beatles and helped define music of the 1970s.

Simple. Beatles.
The Beatles literally rocked the world. They started off with simple songs like "I Want to Hold your Hand" and evolved into gods of music. I know it's cliché, but none-the-less true.

Anyway, I can see a pointless exchange looming so let's leave it at that.

Alice Cooper's backing bands have always been phenomenal, especially the classic 70s one.

Simple. Beatles.
who says that they are one of the founders of rock and roll?......

Simple. Beatles.
I agree, the most influential, original, versatile band ever. I am surprised they are not more represented in this thread.

1619556141100.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

Simple. Beatles.
Paul McCartney's music with his and Linda's group "Wings" was far superior over the Beatles and helped define music of the 1970s.
I do not agree. None of the parts of that group ever measured up to the whole.

Simple. Beatles.
I do not agree. None of the parts of that group ever measured up to the whole.
Agreed. Wings sucked, but Harrison had some pretty good songs that McCartney wouldn't record. In truth though, McCartney was the musical soul of the Beatles although Lennon was more symbolic.

Last edited:
The "Best Band," is largely dependent on the listener, time, and place.

There is a perfect band for every person, for ever stage in their life, but no one band is perfect for every person for every stage in their life.

Forum List

Back