there is one thing I do not agree at all

and it is all this

kill kill kill poor innocent animals

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

don't make the killing a habit or a sport

my 2 cents

I get that you dislike seeing an animal die. But be glad we do hunt.

Hunting brings in the lion's share of money for state conservation agencies. The fees, taxes, licences, ect all help fund state conservation.
Other than man, there is not a predator for adult deer. Dogs and coyote will harass one or kill a young one, but they don't keep the population in check. One state in the southeast has a deer population of around 1.5 million animals. Biologists say 1/3 of those should be culled to maintain a healthy herd.

I like my Winchester 700 in .270.
Sold the 30.06 because it was way more than needed in Texas.
The .270 shoots reasonably flat and will knock down larger animals such as Mule deer and Axis without a problem.

I think a .270 is an excellent deer round. I have owned 2 (a Rem 700 was a sweet shooter). Both were good rifles, but the 700 was the more accurate. I never had a deer leave the scene.
I want to spend a lot but I don't want a deer to leave the scene. So you don't get the cheapest, but what's the most expensive/best and what the best bang for my buck

The Winchester 700 series is the most used deer rifle or sniper rifle in history. And they dont cost a fortune.
You cant beat em unless you want to spend way more money. It's an American classic that still works.
Remington Model 700 - Development and Operational History, Performance Specifications and Picture Gallery

my brother in law has a pre 64 model 70 Winchester in 243 that is and

always has been a sweet rifle
My bro getting a Browning abolt 30-06.

What do you guys think about that gun?

Why don't you try hunting deer fairly. The deer has no weapon, you have no weapon, and see how superior you feel then.

If it were about feeling superior, you might have a point. But let's say, just for discussion, that we do that. No guns, bows or weapons for hunting. Besides you feeling smug, do you know what would happen? Ever see an area with too many deer browsing the foliage down? Ever see starving animals? Yeah, it is very humane.

Are you telling me that you go out hunting with the sole intention of making sure deer don't grow too populous? Or is it just a convenient excuse?

nature is a hard task mistress....yesterday i saw a crow with a baby bird....it had just snatched it outta the nest...the sparrows were die bombing it but the baby was dead and the crow moved on to feed its baby's the dead baby..... i am guessing at that but it is nesting season....

oddly enough people have no clue what would happen if hunting was stopped completely......duck hunters are the ones who moved in and saved the ducks when lead pellets were killing them....it was the duck hunters going wtf is happening....hunting and thinning herds is much less cruel than what mother nature will do to over crowded herds.....she will send in starvation and disease to correct the balance....everyone thinks of mother nature as this blissful fairy in the woods...in reality she is a totally dominating bitch and will always have her way in the end.....

deer are such a mess...easy to fall in love with them....i have feed and hauled fawns around and know that they are the cutest most helpless things in the world.....and i know they are not pets....i have had the luck to have a friend who did deer rehab....you would not think a fawn could knock you down....but they can and will if you have a bottle...

Why don't you try hunting deer fairly. The deer has no weapon, you have no weapon, and see how superior you feel then.

If it were about feeling superior, you might have a point. But let's say, just for discussion, that we do that. No guns, bows or weapons for hunting. Besides you feeling smug, do you know what would happen? Ever see an area with too many deer browsing the foliage down? Ever see starving animals? Yeah, it is very humane.

Are you telling me that you go out hunting with the sole intention of making sure deer don't grow too populous? Or is it just a convenient excuse?
Are you telling me you buy meat in a grocery store because you're a big fat pussy?

Or that you think you aren't cruel for eating slaughter house meat?

Every deer is free range and lived a good life and met a quick end

Not at all. I go out hunting for meat. My service controlling the population is just a bonus.

no asshole he is telling you the facts about hunting....it helps the animals in the long run...it is the hunters who discover a lot of stuff before science does....wasting disease....they knew it was coming and have charted the spread of it......many hunters do it for pure pleasure of the kill most are not like that....here most do it for the meat....
in a fews day with luck they can fill a freezer and make jerky...this is a poor rural area......a few deer means a family gets thru the winter....add a couple of turkeys to that freezer and you are good for the winter...being diabetic ...venison is great for me.....we are a non hunting family....and i do enjoy the overflow when that last few tenderloins just wont fit....

hunters and the fishing people really are the first line of defense and will ring the alarm when they notice something not going well....right now they are fighting the swirling disease in fish around here...fisher men/wome n were the first to notice....and then you have duck hunter's international......you can thank that org for the fact you still have wild ducks....

i hate when people show their ignorance and think its all grand to be so 'good'?

people here still use hides....a complex process of tanning....i have antlers holders for my bathroom towels and other things worked in thru the house....amazing what you can be given if you just ask about....

Are you telling me you buy meat in a grocery store because you're a big fat pussy?

if only that were truly so.....i do not care for bow hunters at all....or hunters too fucking fat and lazy to track a wounded animal

I am a conservative and all of you are my friends

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

Hunting brings in the lion's share of money for state conservation agencies. The fees, taxes, licences, ect all help fund state conservation.
Other than man, there is not a predator for adult deer. Dogs and coyote will harass one or kill a young one, but they don't keep the population in check. One state in the southeast has a deer population of around 1.5 million animals. Biologists say 1/3 of those should be culled to maintain a healthy herd.

So where are the natural predators? Could it be that man killed them off?

no asshole he is telling you the facts about hunting....it helps the animals in the long run...it is the hunters who discover a lot of stuff before science does....wasting disease....they knew it was coming and have charted the spread of it......many hunters do it for pure pleasure of the kill most are not like that....here most do it for the meat....
in a fews day with luck they can fill a freezer and make jerky...this is a poor rural area......a few deer means a family gets thru the winter....add a couple of turkeys to that freezer and you are good for the winter...being diabetic ...venison is great for me.....we are a non hunting family....and i do enjoy the overflow when that last few tenderloins just wont fit....

hunters and the fishing people really are the first line of defense and will ring the alarm when they notice something not going well....right now they are fighting the swirling disease in fish around here...fisher men/wome n were the first to notice....and then you have duck hunter's international......you can thank that org for the fact you still have wild ducks....

i hate when people show their ignorance and think its all grand to be so 'good'?

people here still use hides....a complex process of tanning....i have antlers holders for my bathroom towels and other things worked in thru the house....amazing what you can be given if you just ask about....

Oh, the insults are coming out..... wow, I didn't get past your insult, well, actually I did, I saw the crap grammar too.

yes frigid you got us...man has killed off mountain lions and such....bear populations are being depleted not by hunters but people moving in....asheville is a great example of the combo of bears and people...you do realize what can bring down an adult deer can kill a small child?

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

You think? But that is pretty much irrelevant, since we will not ringing those predators back in most areas, and the population of whitetail deer keeps growing.

if only that were truly so.....i do not care for bow hunters at all....or hunters too fucking fat and lazy to track a wounded animal
I do feel horrible when the deer doesn't die quickly. Killing an innocent animal is the one negative but when I compare that to a cows entire life in a slaughter house I realize ID rather be the deer.

but only

and it is all this

that's all

want meat?

go to the supermarket

my 2 cents

Should we introduce wolves and wild cats back into your neighborhood?

I do feel horrible when the deer doesn't die quickly. Killing an innocent animal is the one negative but when I compare that to a cows entire life in a slaughter house I realize ID rather be the deer.

It is bad when it isn't a quick, humane kill. I will pass on shots that make me wonder about a quick kill.

It is bad when it isn't a quick, humane kill. I will pass on shots that make me wonder about a quick kill.

So what about browning abolt 30-06? Gun names and numbers are so confusing.

So what about browning abolt 30-06? Gun names and numbers are so confusing.

I've never fired a Browning A-Bolt. I know some people who love them, but I have no experience with it. It is an accurate, dependable rifle. I would say go for it.

The 30-06 is an excellent all around round. Power for bigger game without beating you to death. And one huge plus is the availability of ammo. Any little bait shot that sells ammo at all will always have 3 calibers. You can bet on .22LR, 30-06, and 12 ga 00 buckshot.

Chances are that the rifle and round will be more accurate than you. That is not a slur at you.

Forum List

Back