Best way to get a decent HC bill for Americans.....

I'm a mechanical engineer. I once worked 5 years for a small pharma company with 150 employees. Only 75 of the people actually worked manufacturing the products. The other 75 were all Ph'D's and research scientists who worked in the R&D dept. Every nut & bolt and parts of the plant's equipment was stainless steel. Hugely expensive to maintain, as was the R&D dept.

It was easy to see why pharmaceutical drugs cost soo much. .... :cool:

The absolute "best" way to get a HC bill that would truly be good for ALL Americans is to start by revoking the HC plan currently "enjoyed" by all these elected morons.

The supposed "empathy" that elected officials profess to feel for the uninsured and under-insured is hypocrisy personified.

Health care is NOT a luxury and that being so also means that health care should NOT be a profit-making enterprise with insurers CEOs getting salaries in the millions per week.

Part of the problem is that politicians have been corrupted by big money from lobbyists, Hospitals should NOT be netting Billions per year, and big pharma companies should NOT be charging $1,000 per pill......That is ludicrous and in a fair and good democracy, such callousness would actually be criminal.

Bottom line......Start by taking HC away from elected officials and in just ONE week, we would have a decent bill that they could also partake in.
Einstein, health insurance id not health care.

I'm a mechanical engineer. I once worked 5 years for a small pharma company with 150 employees. Only 75 of the people actually worked manufacturing the products. The other 75 were all Ph'D's and research scientists who worked in the R&D dept. Every nut & bolt and parts of the plant's equipment was stainless steel. Hugely expensive to maintain, as was the R&D dept.

Not to mention the cost of getting it through the FDA.

I'm all for speeding it up. Let them run clinics and pay "volunteers". Prisoners, homeless.......maybe open a shelter. Try stuff out on them. Wth? face it, most have little to lose. Use those that want to end it all. Go to death row? Anybody willing? Sign up.

The leftist scum are as ignorant on economics as a pack of feral pigs. They think drugs should be free. Obviously, nothing is free. It costs resources to produce anything.

Surely the left does not expect that the workers who are producing pharma product should just donate their time rather than get paid. Of course not. The left thinks that even the most menial of tasks merits a $15/ min wage rate. I guess the researchers who invested time and money in their educations should do the R&D work for free? I guess they should get paid too, right? So, who pays these people?

Capital investment involves a risk/reward analysis. If there is not a justified belief of a return on capital investment then you get no capital investment. Thus, the government would have to capitalize the Pharma industry. The cost would be astronomical. Where would the money come from? Tax increases...HUGE tax increases. However, if private capital investment is taken out of the equation in the general healthcare sector, then you have already reduced the tax base by 17% (the percent of our economy that is based on healthcare). Therefore, what would have been a HUGE tax increase on industry (in our system which already has the highest corporate rate in the industrialized world), now because even BIGGER of a tax increase.

Pretty soon Nat is bitching about paying $20.00 for a gallon of milk and $300.00 for a simple Asian Blow-up doll. Then he will be doing what? He will want to take the profit motive out of "Big Dairy" and "Big Masturbation"?

Don't let the morons like Nat mislead you. When it comes to economics, our free market is the best system going, and produces the best medical products and treatments of any other system.

Moreover, the leftists do not understand economics. They have gripes, but no solutions. They have the mentality of children, and the economic knowledge of a fucking dog turd. So if a leftist starts talking about financial and economic matters, more times than not they are simply WRONG.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You can't find anyone on the Left that understands that. R&D, labor costs, FDA costs, Legal Costs. it's insane.
Liberal's see a little pill the doctor gives you,.... and to them it looks like a Skittle.

And they think, heck I can buy a bag of these for a dollar. The pharmaceutical companies are ripping me off!! .... :cuckoo: ... :lol:

The absolute "best" way to get a HC bill that would truly be good for ALL Americans is to start by revoking the HC plan currently "enjoyed" by all these elected morons.

The supposed "empathy" that elected officials profess to feel for the uninsured and under-insured is hypocrisy personified.

Health care is NOT a luxury and that being so also means that health care should NOT be a profit-making enterprise with insurers CEOs getting salaries in the millions per week.

Part of the problem is that politicians have been corrupted by big money from lobbyists, Hospitals should NOT be netting Billions per year, and big pharma companies should NOT be charging $1,000 per pill......That is ludicrous and in a fair and good democracy, such callousness would actually be criminal.

Bottom line......Start by taking HC away from elected officials and in just ONE week, we would have a decent bill that they could also partake in.

They all have to enroll in the government exchange.

No they do not have to be in the ACA, this has come up before, the best plan they have is the Golden Plan. We subsidize most of the cost, they and their aides of up to 50 get it.

I'm all for speeding it up. Let them run clinics and pay "volunteers". Prisoners, homeless.......maybe open a shelter. Try stuff out on them. Wth? face it, most have little to lose. Use those that want to end it all. Go to death row? Anybody willing? Sign up.

They already do that, they are called drug trials. We can't force people to do that.

They all have to enroll in the government exchange.

Did you know that WE taxpayers pay 75% of their premiums?

So? You wanted to revoke their plan. Their plan is Obamacare.

Congressional leaders from both parties quietly and gratefully accepted the special deal from the administration’s Office of Personnel Management. It gives legislators and staff “Gold Level” ObamaCare coverage with a 75 percent subsidy paid by taxpayers or even the option of opting out and retaining their previous heavily subsidized plan. The income of members and staff is simply not counted.

This is in direct violation of the specific language of the law Congress enacted. The White House broke its own law to provide Congress ObamaCare gold and then fraudulently administered it through the District of Columbia’s Small Business Healthcare Exchange. In order to get their waiver, representatives of the House and Senate signed documents, under penalty of perjury, that each body employed no more than 50 people. To date more than 13,000 members and staff have signed up with the help of another gift--a dedicated team assigned only to Congress.

Just wrong: Congress quietly takes ObamaCare waiver

The
So? You wanted to revoke their plan. Their plan is Obamacare.

Your ilk wants to take it away from all others....so why not also elected morons?
How much have you had to drink tonight, Nat?

It takes years and ton's of money to develop new drugs. Pharmaceutical companies expect to make a good profit on their investment. Which they should.

Another moron chimes in with his stupidity......Did you know that big pharma also relies on NIH to research and develop new drugs and that NIH is tax payers' funded?

In other words.....in some cases.......We have already paid for the research, these findings are shared with big pharma companies who, in turn, demand high prices for the research we already subsidized,

You can't find anyone on the Left that understands that. R&D, labor costs, FDA costs, Legal Costs. it's insane.
Liberal's see a little pill the doctor gives you,.... and to them it looks like a Skittle.

And they think, heck I can buy a bag of these for a dollar. The pharmaceutical companies are ripping me off!! .... :cuckoo: ... :lol:

Are you sure they do not spend more on marketing than R & D?

Damn you Nat, you actually wrote some things I have to agree.

True, those pieces of shit in congress should be under the same healthcare system and social security system as the rest of us.

And also true that big Pharma is buying politicians.

However I think we should talk about completely removing profit incentive from healthcare. Consider this- what kind of service and innovation do you get from your local DMV? Answer- not much. Why? Because they get paid no matter how shitty the service or product is.

However I think we should talk about completely removing profit incentive from healthcare. Consider this- what kind of service and innovation do you get from your local DMV? Answer- not much. Why? Because they get paid no matter how shitty the service or product is.

Somehow.....the rest of the civilized world manages......and has longer life expectancy.

Forum List

Back