Better To Pull The Bandage Off Fast

WillPower

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2018
Stock Market careening this morning since Trump announced increased tariffs that haven't taken effect and won't until the first of September. Why? Because China's cheap, poorly made crap, buried businesses who believed in quality and couldn't match slave-labor wages. So the question is, do we continue down the road of use it until it breaks, toss it in the trash, rinse and repeat? Or do we uncouple from China, make our own quality goods like we always did before? That's an easy answer and one that President Trump is pursuing...we can't survive in China's world...we can't afford low-priced crap as tempting as it's become.

stock-market-today | Markets and Market Data | ^DJI | TheStreet

I feel similarly when people say big corporations would leave if we taxed them more. Good, fuck 'em. Let them go so a million small businesses can take their place and create the kind of competition that makes capitalism amazing. Giant international corporations are what has fucked everything up.

• Banned
I feel similarly when people say big corporations would leave if we taxed them more. Good, fuck 'em. Let them go so a million small businesses can take their place and create the kind of competition that makes capitalism amazing. Giant international corporations are what has fucked everything up.

Remember repair shops? You'd take your toaster or VCR or whatever to the guy who'd fix it and have it back to you the next day. Appliances from the orient can't even be repaired...rivets instead of screws to get into the works. Our landfills are full of this crap with no end in sight and if we keep doing it, we'll be buried in our own junk.

Remember repair shops? You'd take your toaster or VCR or whatever to the guy who'd fix it and have it back to you the next day. Appliances from the orient can't even be repaired...rivets instead of screws to get into the works. Our landfills are full of this crap with no end in sight and if we keep doing it, we'll be buried in our own junk.

We should have found ways to stop outsourcing before it got this bad. Going back would be a painful transition, but I agree it would be better.

When I was very young my grandfather told me someday we'd have to deal with China economically.

Do it now or do it later but it has to be done

• Banned
We should have found ways to stop outsourcing before it got this bad. Going back would be a painful transition, but I agree it would be better.

Yep, and thus my bandage analogy....better to take the skin and hair off fast than slowly....get it over with. We won't have another opportunity if we lose this trade war.

Name a small business that can make an automobile.

Economy of scale vs. limited-number quality. There used to be dozens of car makers in the US, forget Europe. They were slowly driven under or bought out like Tucker, Studebaker, etc....the same thing Bill Gates and Steve Jobs did to small computer start-ups. What you do is decide who you are and what you want to become as a country and the rest of it you leave to the engineers. They just made a car with 3-D printing...anything is now possible.

I guarantee U.S only businesses could make vehicles when the international ones take off. Not everything would be a mom and pop run by one family. Some businesses would still be rather large by comparison to that, obviously. I didn't think I'd have to clarify in so much detail. The key part is bringing production and jobs back to the U.S. The jobs that should exist here because of our needs are being filled internationally. Tax the fuck out of giant corporations as compensation for their sending our jobs over seas. Hell, use that taxed money to lower taxes on small businesses so it's even easier for them. If the international giants leave then all the better.

We do not need to outsource our labor and production to other nations to survive.

Last edited:

I guarantee U.S only businesses could make vehicles when the international ones take off. Not everything would be a mom and pop run by one family. Some businesses would still be rather large, obviously. I didn't think I'd have to clarify in so much detail. The key part is bringing production and jobs back to the U.S. The jobs that should exist here because of our needs are being filled internationally. Tax the fuck out of giant corporations as compensation for their sending our jobs over seas. Hell, use that taxed money to lower taxes on small businesses so it's even easier for them. If the international giants leave then all the better.

We do not need to outsource our labor and production to other nations to survive.
So after you’ve taxed the fuck out of them what will you replace them with? What would the waiting list and cost look like when “small business” is left to produce the nation’s cars? How about breakfast cereal? How about your sugar bowl?

So after you’ve taxed the fuck out of them what will you replace them with? What would the waiting list and cost look like when “small business” is left to produce the nation’s cars? How about breakfast cereal? How about your sugar bowl?

First of all it would take them a long time to actually leave, which I doubt they'd even do because we have the biggest consumer market on the planet and they make an obscene amount of money. The real goal would be to make it easier for smaller local companies to compete so we can bring back jobs and production. If they did leave it would be gradual, and what they do would little by little be replaced as the need arises. Do you understand how supply and demand works? If there is enough demand the supply will follow. I expressed already that because of how deep we are it wouldn't be the most comfortable transition. I think it would be best for the health of our nation, though.

I worked in the field of mechanical engineering at large manufacturing facilities for many years. The best quality equipment and parts for machine repair were made in America, also German and Japanese parts were very good.

Everyone knew to never order any machine parts made in China because they were inferior junk that wouldn't last. .. :cool:

I already pulled the bandage off. Ripped it right off, fast and clean.

When My sight cleared, Chuck-u Schumer was staring up at Me...

Someone get Me some meds, stat!

That's not how it works. Leftist always ask you to give an inch on The Power of Government Intrusion and Control in to your lives.

Then they take a mile, and it always costs you exponentially more than what they claim it will.

Take for Example the Creation of The IRS and Federal Reserve.

At first when the Income Tax was introduced the tax was only supposed to be levied at 1% for people who made over $20,000 a year.

Now total taxation for Local, State and Federal Government is at 54% of the average American's income, when you factor in all taxes, fees and cost incurring regulations.

At first The Federal Reserve and IRS did not have Asset Forfeiture Powers which in my opinion is Unconstitutional.

So once they had this power, one of the first things they did, was intentionally create The Great Depression and seized Billions of Dollars in Wealth and Property, got rid of all our Treasury Notes and Precious Metals , and then replaced them with Private Bank Notes, or (instruments of debt) called Federal Reserve Notes.

A Federal Reserve note is not currency. It is a loan, an IOU you request from a Private Banking Consortium called The Federal Reserve and they only have value based on one thing.....

The Value of a Federal Reserve Note is only in The Ability of The American People to be taxed, and continue paying those taxes and the Interest that is levied upon them for using Federal Reserve Notes. Effectively this is a Loan against your future earnings and ability to continue paying debt to The Fed.

Taxing Corporations to death in this country and driving them offshore and overseas is in the same vein.

When that well runs dry, The Leftist will turn to small businesses and raid them of all of their wealth in a never ending cycle of unrestrained spending, and never ending lust for funds to continue to pay for such debt.

Same as "Soaking The Rich" for some of their hair brained ideas like The Green New Scam.
After they soak The Rich, they run out of money, then everyone gets soaked.

First they soak the rich, then they soak the upper middle class, then they soak the middle class, and finally they will soak anyone who is left who actually still has a job, or a home, or has any taxable, seize-able assets left at all.

Last edited:

That's not how it works. Leftist always ask you to give an inch on The Power of Government Intrusion and Control in to your lives.

At first when the Income Tax was introduced the tax was only supposed to be levied at 1% for people who made over $20,000 a year. Now total taxation for Local, State and Federal Government is at 54% of the average American's income, when you factor in all taxes, fees and cost incurring regulations.

At first The Federal Reserve and IRS did not have Asset Forfeiture Powers which in my opinion is Unconstitutional.

So once they had this power, one of the first things they did, was intentionally create The Great Depression and seized Billions of Dollars in Wealth and Property, got rid of all our Treasury Notes and Precious Metals , and then replaced them with Private Bank Notes, or (instruments of debt) called Federal Reserve Notes. A Federal Reserve note is not currency. It is a loan from a Private Banking Consortium called The Federal Reserve and they only have value based on one thing..... The Ability of The American People to be taxed, and continue paying those taxes and the Interest that is levied upon them for using Federal Reserve Notes, (Effectively a Loan against your future earnings and ability to continue paying debt to The Fed.

Taxing Corporations to death in this country and driving them offshore and overseas is in the same vein. When that well runs dry, The Leftist will turn to small businesses and raid them of all of their wealth in a never ending cycle of unrestrained spending, and never ending lust for funds to continue to pay for such debt.
This is 2019's Best Post of the Year award winner, right here.

At first when the Income Tax was introduced the tax was only supposed to be levied at 1% for people who made over $20,000 a year. Now total taxation for Local, State and Federal Government is at 54% of the average American's income, when you factor in all taxes, fees and cost incurring regulations.

So once they had this power, one of the first things they did, was intentionally create The Great Depression and seized Billions of Dollars in Wealth and Property, got rid of all our Treasury Notes and Precious Metals , and then replaced them with Private Bank Notes, or (instruments of debt) called Federal Reserve Notes. A Federal Reserve note is not currency. It is a loan from a Private Banking Consortium called The Federal Reserve and they only have value based on one thing..... The Ability of The American People to be taxed, and continue paying those taxes and the Interest that is levied upon them for using Federal Reserve Notes, (Effectively a Loan against your future earnings and ability to continue paying debt to The Fed.

Taxing Corporations to death in this country and driving them offshore and overseas is in the same vein. When that well runs dry, The Leftist will turn to small businesses and raid them of all of their wealth in a never ending cycle of unrestrained spending, and never ending lust for funds to continue to pay for such debt.
This is 2019's Best Post of the Year award winner, right here.
And the politicians in power help this along as the voters put people in that give them the goodies. Federal Reserve Notes are so easy to print up. From nothing!

Forum List

Back