President Biden has decided to cancel the 2024 elections.

President Biden has decided to cancel the 2024 elections. Biden says canceling the 2024 election is in the best interest of the country.
The next elections will be in 2028.
Today's Supreme Court ruling gives him the power to do so without any criminal liability.
LOL, SCOTUS did not cancel the Constitution. I'm sure Jill wishes she could, but that's life.

LOL, SCOTUS did not cancel the Constitution. I'm sure Jill wishes she could, but that's life.
Are you saying the Constitution does not give the President to have the authority to pospone an election or try to stop congress from approving an election?

Unfortunately for your idea, there isn't a damn thing wrong on any level with state prosecutors coordinating and sharing information with federal prosecutors.

Sound to me like you have a solution and are looking for a problem.

You could be right

Hmmm....disagree...
I think it leaves too much room for politics. Politics infects everything....the only way to at least partially defeat that is to keep it out.

I know you would like to imagine that Trump would have been pursued either way. I simply don't buy that. Matter of opinion of course.

Trump provided plenty of Ammo for prosecution. He was warned away back in 2015 about legal
Complications of public life. He ran anyway.

Was the prosecution politcally motivated? Most people think it was. Were all of the legal actions somehow connected behind the scenes? Pretty fair bet that they were. Legal or not it looks like kangaroo Justice.

Jo

No he does not. It is almost like this problem was anticipated in 1933 when they switched from March inauguration to January inaugurations just for the purpose of shoving lame ducks out the door earlier.
Until they are shoved out the door or impeached and convicted, they are President with all of the immunity protections as outlined by SCOTUS in yesterday's ruling.

I think it leaves too much room for politic
That's what judges, grand juries, juries, and evidence are for, I would say.

Prosecutors are expected to be biased against the defendants. It's literally their job. They are among the few peope allowed to publicly state the defendants committed crimes, while, for example, newspapers have to hedge with words like, "Allegedly"

That's what judges, grand juries, juries, and evidence are for, I would say.

Prosecutors are expected to be biased against the defendants. It's literally their job. They are among the few peope allowed to publicly state the defendants committed crimes, while, for example, newspapers have to hedge with words like, "Allegedly"
Pretty fair points...to be sure.

Until they are shoved out the door or impeached and convicted, they are President with all of the immunity protections as outlined by SCOTUS in yesterday's ruling.
I don't think Immunity means what people think it means.

It's not a Carte Blanche.

I don't think Immunity means what people think it means.

It's not a Carte Blanche.
One would hope. But as worded in the decision, it basically is carte blanche

Notice how they didn't name any specific acts, save for ONE. "In his core.constitutional duties"... Trump was apparently allowed to pressure Pence to break the law.

Yes, by the decision, Biden could order the arrest and detention of Donald Trump as a threat to the United States and have him detained almost indefinitely. For example.

Else what? What guarantee is there? Even the corrupt SCOTUS wouldn't offer any. They, in their usual horseshit, said "the lower courts can decide."

You mean, like they did this time, when YOU overturned their decision?

President Biden has decided to cancel the 2024 elections. Biden says canceling the 2024 election is in the best interest of the country.
The next elections will be in 2028.
Today's Supreme Court ruling gives him the power to do so without any criminal liability.
How’s he gonna do that?

One would hope. But as worded in the decision, it basically is carte blanche

Notice how they didn't name any specific acts, save for ONE. "In his core.constitutional duties"... Trump was apparently allowed to pressure Pence to break the law.

Yes, by the decision, Biden could order the arrest and detention of Donald Trump as a threat to the United States and have him detained almost indefinitely. For example.

Else what? What guarantee is there? Even the corrupt SCOTUS wouldn't offer any. They, in their usual horseshit, said "the lower courts can decide."

You mean, like they did this time, when YOU overturned their decision?

Yeah.... It's a broad brush...very broad.

Yeah.... It's a broad brush...very broad.
And it was a case and decision they shouldn't have taken.

What they should have ruled on is whether or not the acts described in the statement of facts in the indictment and alleged elsewhere in the indictment constituted acts for which an expresident can be prosecuted.

But the corrupt court is paying back their patron.

So the corrupt court punted and said the lower courts should decide. And when they do, Trump will then appeal those decisions right up to the SCOTUS, who will accept the appeals then take their sweet time making the ruling that should have been made yesterday.

Forum List

Back