“Between 6,000 and 10,000 churches in the U.S. are dying each year”

I only accept real proof, not your made up kind.
The only proof we have of historical events are written manuscripts. There are over 24,000 of those that recorded the ministry of Jesus.
So you’re saying that Jesus actually walked on water, turned water into wine, ... .
Yep.
You're delusional, you have no proof.
Just the written manuscripts and my personal experiences.
Exactly nothing then.

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

:wine:
And that has nothing to do with this discussion.

You do realize that the early Christians who believed that the bread and wine were the body and blood of Christ had no scripture to read, right?

"He who eats and drinks without discerning the Body, eats and drinks judgment upon himself."
1 Corinthians 11

Correcting an Abuse of the Lord’s Supper
17 In the following directives I have no praise for you, for your meetings do more harm than good. 18 In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it. 19 No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God’s approval. 20 So then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat, 21 for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22 Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!

23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment. 32 Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world.

33 So then, my brothers and sisters, when you gather to eat, you should all eat together. 34 Anyone who is hungry should eat something at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment.

And when I come I will give further directions.
So the bible is NOT allegorical?
Parts of it are. We’ve had this discussion before.
Fucking cherry-picker. You lose and go straight to hell.

He doesn't have a problem.. You do. Remember? You can't get over on God.

He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been bad or good.....lol
That's Santa, you doofus. :biggrin:

Oh, so Jesus can be godlike but not Santa? Why? You have a problem with fat guys?

HATER!
But seriously, shouldn't god be kind to everyone who follows his book, regardless of their interpretation? Like, as long as they get out of it that god is the big scary badass and that you should obey him?

Like Jesus once said, seriously,

"If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin. But because you say, "We see" your guilt remains.

If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father also. If I had not done among them the works that no other man (but the messiah) could do, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father.
So then according to you, I'm not guilty of sin. Thanks, brah.

Yes. No one can accuse you of pretending to know all about God or rejecting what Jesus taught because Christians don't know what he taught.. You understood something! Amazing!

Its like watching a baby take its first steps..

Well done!

Last edited:
The only proof we have of historical events are written manuscripts. There are over 24,000 of those that recorded the ministry of Jesus.
So you’re saying that Jesus actually walked on water, turned water into wine, ... .
Yep.
You're delusional, you have no proof.
Just the written manuscripts and my personal experiences.
Exactly nothing then.
Nothing you will accept.

That's Santa, you doofus. :biggrin:

Oh, so Jesus can be godlike but not Santa? Why? You have a problem with fat guys?

HATER!
But seriously, shouldn't god be kind to everyone who follows his book, regardless of their interpretation? Like, as long as they get out of it that god is the big scary badass and that you should obey him?

Like Jesus once said, seriously,

"If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin. But because you say, "We see" your guilt remains.

If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father also. If I had not done among them the works that no other man (but the messiah) could do, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father.
So then according to you, I'm not guilty of sin. Thanks, brah.

Yes. No one can accuse you of pretending to know all about God. You understood something! Amazing!

Its like watching a baby take its first steps..

Well done!
So people who know shit about god are better off, because they are absolved of sin and won't be made to feel guilty for nothing?

And you thought YOU were the smart one. :biggrin:

You do realize that the early Christians who believed that the bread and wine were the body and blood of Christ had no scripture to read, right?

"He who eats and drinks without discerning the Body, eats and drinks judgment upon himself."
1 Corinthians 11

17 In the following directives I have no praise for you, for your meetings do more harm than good. 18 In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it. 19 No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God’s approval. 20 So then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat, 21 for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22 Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!

23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment. 32 Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world.

33 So then, my brothers and sisters, when you gather to eat, you should all eat together. 34 Anyone who is hungry should eat something at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment.

I might be eternally separated from God. Only time will tell.

Genesis is allegorical. The New Testament is not.

1 Corinthians 11

So how do you know that Jesus actually walked on water?

1 Corinthians 11

There is no greater darkness than the darkness in the mind of the person whose only guiding light in life is a lie.

1 Corinthians 11

There is no greater darkness than the darkness in the mind of the person whose only guiding light in life is a lie.
You guys seem so worried about this shit. Lighten up, sheesh. It's only make believe :biggrinz;

You guys seem so worried about this shit. Lighten up, sheesh. It's only make believe :biggrinz;

No,, Taz. Anyone who gets a whiff of the stench that comes out of your head should be terrified.

This is not make believe, this is no bad dream.

No,, Taz. Anyone who gets a whiff of the stench that comes out of your head should be terrified.

You live in a sad, scared little world. A psychiatrist might help you.

lol....I ain't afraid of no ghost....

I am immune to your disease.

lol....I ain't afraid of no ghost....

I am immune to your disease.
My disease? You mean reality? :highfive:

Yep.

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

And they could still invent a ritual? :surprised1:
You see it that way because you have never tested it. I have.

I don’t think you understand what it means that the early Christians had no scripture to inform their belief that Christ would manifest himself into the bread and wine.
It's called a symbolic ritual.
There is nothing symbolic about the experience.

1 Corinthians 11

So how do you know that Jesus actually walked on water?
How do you know he didn’t?

I’ve already answered this. Written manuscripts which captured the accounts and personal experiences.

1 Corinthians 11

I’ve tested it. I have seen the power. I have been made anew.

Forum List

Back