“Between 6,000 and 10,000 churches in the U.S. are dying each year”

If the Lord were from other than the Father (and thus capable of performing miracles), how could He rightly take bread, which is of the same creation as our own, and confess it to be His Body and affirm that the mixture in the cup is His Blood? When, therefore, the mixed cup (wine and water) and the baked bread receives the Word of God and becomes the Eucharist, the Body of Christ, and from these the substance of our flesh is increased and supported, how can they say that the flesh is not capable of receiving the gift of God, which is nourished by the Body and Blood of the Lord, and is in fact a member of Him?" St. Irenaeus, "Against Heresies," 189 A.D.

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword."

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among therm."

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations"

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you.. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink."

"I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all flesh shall know that I, the Lord, am your savior and your redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."

Last edited:
Both the Jews, who were suspicious of him, and his disciples, who had accepted everything up to this point, would have remained with him had he said he was speaking only symbolically.

But he did not correct these protesters. Twelve times he said he was the bread that came down from heaven; four times he said they would have "to eat my flesh and drink my blood."

But when the disciples who remained questioned him about that nutty remark he replied "The spirit alone gives life; the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are both spirit and life."

And when Jesus asked Simon Peter if the rest were going to leave him too he replied, " Lord, to whom shall we go? Your words are words of eternal life. We have faith and know that you are the Holy One of God."

This shows that bread from heaven is symbolic for teaching from God, the word became flesh shows that the preexisting metaphor for teaching from God, bread from heaven, became a new metaphor for teaching from God, the flesh of Jesus, the Body of Christ.

To eat his flesh is to accept the teaching that Jesus received from God himself like manna from heaven about the figurative nature and hidden subjects in the divine commands. To drink his blood is to act on it.

Unless you accept his teaching and conform to the law in that light, eat his flesh and drink his blood, you cannot enter the sanctuary of God or have the eternal life promised for compliance with the law in you.

Life is in the blood, in the doing.
An Early Christian Eucharist

Justin Martyr (100-165): Christian philosopher and apologist

First Apology(155 A.D), chapter 66

And this food is called among us the Eucharist of which no one is allowed to partake but the man who believes that the things which we teach are true, and who has been washed with the washing that is for the remission of sins, and unto regeneration, and who is so living as Christ has enjoined. For not as common bread and common drink do we receive these; but in like manner as Jesus Christ our Savior, having been made flesh by the Word of God, had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so likewise have we been taught that the food which is blessed by the prayer of His word, and from which our blood and flesh by transmutation are nourished, is the flesh and blood of that Jesus who was made flesh.

"How can you fail to see that I was not speaking about bread?" (Jesus H. Christ)

Then the disciples understood that he was speaking about the teaching of the pharisees, not bakers bread. Matthew 16:12
Yes, Matthew 16 is a warning about the teaching of pharisees.

No, it has absolutely nothing to do with the body and blood of Christ.
It clearly and irrefutably shows that Jesus used the word bread as a metaphor for teaching.

He said, beware of the bread of the pharisees and then said to eat his flesh, bread from heaven, teaching from God.

It is not and never was about whatever the hell you do on your knees and put into your mouth in church.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Last edited:
Both the Jews, who were suspicious of him, and his disciples, who had accepted everything up to this point, would have remained with him had he said he was speaking only symbolically.

But he did not correct these protesters. Twelve times he said he was the bread that came down from heaven; four times he said they would have "to eat my flesh and drink my blood."

But when the disciples who remained questioned him about that nutty remark he replied "The spirit alone gives life; the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are both spirit and life."

And when Jesus asked Simon Peter if the rest were going to leave him too he replied, " Lord, to whom shall we go? Your words are words of eternal life. We have faith and know that you are the Holy One of God."

This shows that bread from heaven is symbolic for teaching from God, the word became flesh shows that the preexisting metaphor for teaching from God, bread from heaven, became a new metaphor for teaching from God, the flesh of Jesus, the Body of Christ.

To eat his flesh is to accept the teaching that Jesus received from God himself like manna from heaven about the figurative nature and hidden subjects in the divine commands. To drink his blood is to act on it.

Unless you accept his teaching and conform to the law in that light, eat his flesh and drink his blood, you cannot enter the sanctuary of God or have the eternal life promised for compliance with the law in you.

And this food is called among us the Eucharist of which no one is allowed to partake but the man who believes that the things which we teach are true, and who has been washed with the washing that is for the remission of sins, and unto regeneration, and who is so living as Christ has enjoined. For not as common bread and common drink do we receive these; but in like manner as Jesus Christ our Savior, having been made flesh by the Word of God, had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so likewise have we been taught that the food which is blessed by the prayer of His word, and from which our blood and flesh by transmutation are nourished, is the flesh and blood of that Jesus who was made flesh.

"How can you fail to see that I was not speaking about bread?" (Jesus H. Christ)

Then the disciples understood that he was speaking about the teaching of the pharisees, not bakers bread. Matthew 16:12

It clearly and irrefutably shows that Jesus used the word bread as a metaphor for teaching.

He said, beware of the bread of the pharisees and then said to eat his flesh, bread from heaven, teaching from God.

It is not and never was about whatever the hell you do on your knees and put into your mouth in church.

No. It clearly and irrefutably shows that he is the bread that has come down from heaven.

Early Christians understood this. He explained it very clearly and irrefutably to the apostles.

Bread unless adulterated can keep alive. People have throughout the ages used symbolic things to help refresh their spiritual fervor. It may be more prudent to save unless it gets moldy or rank. In some cases the bread is rank and the milk is beyond curdled. The bread of the pharisees could be comparable to the new wheat varieties that used for today are lacking the full sustenance/nutritional value and chocked full of toxins that even destroying nutrients your body has in reserve as the chelation process from the chemicals grown into or spray on the wheat and the corn takes them out (but not everyone sees that and cannot hear it yet or it is not convenient for them to do so). As far as fish goes for pharisees it can be a symbolic of prosperity, ancients also used it as a sign of agriculture, Christians called it Icthus meaning Jesus Christ Son of God Savior, plus fish has been a primary source of food throughout the ages.

No. It clearly and irrefutably shows that he is the bread that has come down from heaven.

Early Christians understood this. He explained it very clearly and irrefutably to the apostles.
Key "Early Christians". Yet once you get a full concept of the hosts of heaven and their roles some may be able to look back and see much of what has transpired was written about. Nothing new under the sun.

If the Lord were from other than the Father (and thus capable of performing miracles), how could He rightly take bread, which is of the same creation as our own, and confess it to be His Body and affirm that the mixture in the cup is His Blood? When, therefore, the mixed cup (wine and water) and the baked bread receives the Word of God and becomes the Eucharist, the Body of Christ, and from these the substance of our flesh is increased and supported, how can they say that the flesh is not capable of receiving the gift of God, which is nourished by the Body and Blood of the Lord, and is in fact a member of Him?" St. Irenaeus, "Against Heresies," 189 A.D.

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword."

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among therm."

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations"

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you.. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink."

"I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all flesh shall know that I, the Lord, am your savior and your redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."
The belief that the bread and wine that form the matter of the Eucharist become the body and blood of Christ appears to have been widespread from an early date, with early Christian writers referring to them as his body and the blood. They speak of them as the same flesh and blood which suffered and died on the cross.[8][9]

The short document known as the Teaching of the Apostles or Didache, which may be the earliest Christian document outside of the New Testament to speak of the Eucharist, says, "Let no one eat or drink of your Eucharist, unless they have been baptized into the name of the Lord; for concerning this also the Lord has said, 'Give not that which is holy to the dogs'."[10]

A letter by Ignatius of Antioch to the Romans, written in about AD 106 says: "I desire the bread of God, the heavenly bread, the bread of life, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who became afterwards of the seed of David and Abraham; and I desire the drink of God, namely His blood, which is incorruptible love and eternal life."[11]

Writing to the Christians of Smyrna in the same year, he warned them to "stand aloof from such heretics", because, among other reasons, "they abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again."[8]

In about 150, Justin Martyr, referring to the Eucharist, wrote: "Not as common bread and common drink do we receive these; but in like manner as Jesus Christ our Savior, having been made flesh by the Word of God, had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so likewise have we been taught that the food which is blessed by the prayer of His word, and from which our blood and flesh by transmutation are nourished, is the flesh and blood of that Jesus who was made flesh."[12]

In about AD 200, Tertullian wrote: "Having taken the bread and given it to His disciples, He made it His own body, by saying, This is my body, that is, the figure of my body. A figure, however, there could not have been, unless there were first a veritable body. An empty thing, or phantom, is incapable of a figure. If, however, (as Marcion might say) He pretended the bread was His body, because He lacked the truth of bodily substance, it follows that He must have given bread for us."[13]

The Apostolic Constitutions (compiled c. 380) says: "Let the bishop give the oblation, saying, The body of Christ; and let him that receiveth say, Amen. And let the deacon take the cup; and when he gives it, say, The blood of Christ, the cup of life; and let him that drinketh say, Amen."[14]

Ambrose of Milan (died 397) wrote:

Perhaps you will say, "I see something else, how is it that you assert that I receive the Body of Christ?" ... Let us prove that this is not what nature made, but what the blessing consecrated, and the power of blessing is greater than that of nature, because by blessing nature itself is changed. ... For that sacrament which you receive is made what it is by the word of Christ. But if the word of Elijah had such power as to bring down fire from heaven, shall not the word of Christ have power to change the nature of the elements? ... Why do you seek the order of nature in the Body of Christ, seeing that the Lord Jesus Himself was born of a Virgin, not according to nature? It is the true Flesh of Christ which was crucified and buried, this is then truly the Sacrament of His Body. The Lord Jesus Himself proclaims: "This Is My Body." Before the blessing of the heavenly words another nature is spoken of, after the consecration the Body is signified. He Himself speaks of His Blood. Before the consecration it has another name, after it is called Blood. And you say, Amen, that is, It is true. Let the heart within confess what the mouth utters, let the soul feel what the voice speaks.[9]

Other fourth-century Christian writers say that in the Eucharist there occurs a "change",[15] "transelementation",[16] "transformation",[17] "transposing",[18] "alteration"[19]of the bread into the body of Christ.

In AD 400, Augustine quotes Cyprian (AD 200): "For as Christ says 'I am the true vine,' it follows that the blood of Christ is wine, not water; and the cup cannot appear to contain His blood by which we are redeemed and quickened, if the wine be absent; for by the wine is the blood of Christ typified, ..."[20]

Transubstantiation - Wikipedia

Your error on the body and blood of Christ proceeds from your error that you don't believe that God loved man so much that he was born into this world to testify to the truth.

So of course you can't believe that he manifests his spirit into the host.

It's not your religion. How could you possibly understand it?

Your error on the body and blood of Christ proceeds from your error that you don't believe that God loved man so much that he was born into this world to testify to the truth.

"he was born into this world to testify to the truth." More wishful thinking. No proof.

If churches stayed out of politics they might find their membership recovering. There are more than a few million who find evangelical support for Trump disturbing and hypocritical. Who the hell wants to go to church ans see a sign that voting for a democrat is sinful or supporting Trump is the "Christian" thing to do.
7 Startling Facts: An Up Close Look at Church Attendance in America

Statistics says you are dead wrong.

According to this article, the slowest rate of decline was among evangelicals who tend to be more politically conservative, only going down 1% while the liberal Catholics who have dropped about 10% in the last decade.

And it's no wonder. You have a Catholic church that continues to cover up sexual abuse of children and who purport to believe abortion is genocide, but sees the Left wing Pope give speeches on the dangers of global warming and evils of building walls instead.

People are only going to attend church if they are practicing their faith in a meaningful way verses just going to church to be able to say you went.

"he was born into this world to testify to the truth." More wishful thinking. No proof.
John 14:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
So Jesus is god's doorman? What do you tip him to get in?

Lack of interest

Yeah, video games, selfies and sex obsessed follywood have more to offer :rolleyes:

We've just had it too easy for too long....that makes for bad humans.
.....Nastiest people on the road drive expensive SUV's.
..........Meanest people on the road are the ones getting too much "assistance".
...............Craziest people on the road have Jesus signs on their car (fake Christians)
....................."Evilest" people on the road......porn stars and hit men who wear a cross

All it'll take is a MAJOR global disaster....asteroid strike, Supervolcano eruption, Global pandemic, World War, Massive Solar EMP etc
All have happened before and WILL all happen again......when something like that happens, religion will come roaring back....God or no God.
The FIRST thing all the God haters will do is cry out to God. Guaranteed.

Last words of every atheist on board the moment before the plane crashes? "OH MY GOD !!!!!!" :abgg2q.jpg:

the quote above is a 4th century forgery, were what the christians claim true having been said by their messiah as a pronouncement from the Almighty it would not reside in a single document but would have been known as a world wide announcement conveyed verbally and made known through all the various generations.

Today’s youth is moving away from organized religion

Lack of interest

Yeah, video games, selfies and sex obsessed follywood have more to offer :rolleyes:

..........Meanest people on the road are the ones getting too much "assistance".
...............Craziest people on the road have Jesus signs on their car (fake Christians)
....................."Evilest" people on the road......porn stars and hit men who wear a cross

All it'll take is a MAJOR global disaster....asteroid strike, Supervolcano eruption, Global pandemic, World War, Massive Solar EMP etc
All have happened before and WILL all happen again......when something like that happens, religion will come roaring back....God or no God.

Last words of every atheist on board the moment before the plane crashes? "OH MY GOD !!!!!!" :abgg2q.jpg:
They realize Church is senseless

They realize Church is senseless

When someone puts a gun to your head, or you have a stroke or heart attack.....
You'll have your "Come to Jesus moment" just like every other God hating atheist.

If Church is so senseless, why is it that at the same time churches are in decline, murder, rape, assault, overall crime, discord and discontent is sharply on the rise?

What you clowns can't figure out is that even if there is no God, the belief in one helps humans to be better humans.

The exceptions are the religious fakes who are the ones killing and dying in the name of their religion. Those fanatics were gonna do so anyway, just like haters gonna hate, regardless. It just became their convenient excuse.

Lack of interest

So you're saying people turn to this goofy magical concept out of pure desperation. Like, fortune tellers and shamans. Spot on.

No, Jesus was an ordinary Jewish peasant who received teaching directly from God like manna from heaven that became his flesh, teaching in words that are both spirit and life that form the Body of Christ, given for the life of the world.

And yes, he explained it irrefutably to his disciples who irrefutably accepted his explanation that flesh was figurative expression for his teaching from God:.

when the disciples questioned him about that nutty remark about eating his flesh Jesus replied "The spirit alone gives life; the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are both spirit and life." John 6:63

And when Jesus asked Simon Peter if the rest were going to leave him too he replied, " Lord, to whom shall we go?Your words are words of eternal life. We have faith and know that you are the Holy One of God." John 6:68

See? they openly and clearly expressed their belief that his flesh was symbolic of teaching from God, thats why they said that they knew that he was the messiah, the Holy One of God.

The only remaining question is why you continue to spread bullshit in the name of the Lord as if it was a solemn religious duty and openly and brazenly desecrate the teachings of Jesus, the actual Body of Christ.

Jesus refutes you, the blood of the disciples refutes you, the entirety of scripture refutes you, and so do I.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back