Biblical Reasons Why Christians Shouldn't Get Crazy About Abortion

Biblical reasons and views of the people in the first century do not matter.

In the XXI century EVERYBODY knows the unborn baby is a human being from the very beginning and is the same as adult in their God given rights.

If we can do fetal surgery to correct abnormalities in the baby in utero we can not at the same time being honest murder that baby and tell - that is just a cluster of cells and the woman's body.

You and others on the right need to stop confusing civil and criminal law, as abortion is not ‘murder.’ You may call abortion ‘murder’ all you want but that will never make it a legal fact.

When a rightist refers to abortion as ‘murder’ he only succeeds in making himself sound like an ignorant, desperate demagogue, and very dishonest.

Constitutional jurisprudence acknowledges personal rights only postnatally.

And criminal murder charges are brought against someone who, for example, kills a pregnant woman in a hit and run accident because the death of the fetus occurred without the consent of the mother, as a result of an act by a foreign, outside agent, not because the law perceives the fetus as a ‘person.’

In the XXI century EVERYBODY knows the unborn baby is a human being from the very beginning and is the same as adult in their God given rights.

If we can do fetal surgery to correct abnormalities in the baby in utero we can not at the same time being honest murder that baby and tell - that is just a cluster of cells and the woman's body.

You and others on the right need to stop confusing civil and criminal law, as abortion is not ‘murder.’ You may call abortion ‘murder’ all you want but that will never make it a legal fact.

When a rightist refers to abortion as ‘murder’ he only succeeds in making himself sound like an ignorant, desperate demagogue, and very dishonest.

And criminal murder charges are brought against someone who, for example, kills a pregnant woman in a hit and run accident because the death of the fetus occurred without the consent of the mother, as a result of an act by a foreign, outside agent, not because the law perceives the fetus as a ‘person.’
They define it as murder based on God's standard, which I agree with.

Where they and I differ, is they believe it's their right and obligation to IMPOSE that standard upon the entire society in general, by law.

The bible does not call for that.

God calls for INDIVIDUALS to obey Him.

It's INDIVIDUALS that will go to heaven or hell, not towns, cities, states and/or nations.

This is what they do not get.

What amazes is the ignorance of the left when they construe the right of the individual to oppose abortion as always being because of "moral reasons".

Which is interesting considering the fact no one on ‘the left’ has claimed opposition to abortion is solely ‘moral.’

It is also a fact that a significant number of people who oppose abortion do so indeed for moral/religious reasons. But others oppose abortion for political reasons and still more for scientific reasons, or a combination of all these reasons and more; which is why the courts wisely and appropriately left the decision of when human life (in a legal, not biological context) begins.

I could NOT care less about the law, which can be changed as wind blows. The law does not matter.

The truth matters. And the ultimate truth is - abortion is a MURDER of a human being. It's a mortal SIN for the religious people and simply a crime for all others.

Then retired, just like you, WHEN and IF brought up by the INDIVIDUAL, THEN is when I let them know what the Bible has to say about abortion.

Not before.

The abortion issue is clearly a moral and a complicated issue, so in that case, it's up to the INDIVIDUAL to deal with the consequences.

Not for you, nor I, to IMPOSE our moral beliefs and understandings of scripture unto them.

Starting to get it now?

God has already imposed His moral beliefs on us in the form of the Ten Commandments.

Thou shalt not murder.

God has already imposed His moral beliefs on us in the form of the Ten Commandments.

you have no proof of 10 Commandments from God -

ignoring real life events though would be a good one for you to include for your future posterity.

What amazes is the ignorance of the left when they construe the right of the individual to oppose abortion as always being because of "moral reasons".

the left is only singing what their masters are telling them for now. They can't think for themselves.
The theme for now is - abortion for all, at any gestational age, at any age of the mother without proper care ( gosnell-like) and on taxpayers tab. It is a control issue.
But let the demographic change - just a bit - and it will happen by 2030 - the left will be the rabid defender of the child's right to life at the stage of planning the intercourse :lol:

You are overestimating mental abilities of the leftards.

Where they and I differ, is they believe it's their right and obligation to IMPOSE that standard upon the entire society in general, by law.

It's INDIVIDUALS that will go to heaven or hell, not towns, cities, states and/or nations.

I agree, it is not up to us, it is up to God to pass the judgement.

I don't expect society on a whole to believe the way I do, nor do they need to.

I must not be. The "they" you talk about, who ever "they" is.

Proverbs 12:15. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes; But he that is wise hearkenth unto counsel.

Are the "abortionists" FORCING these women to use their services?

Are they stealing them from the safety of their homes and forcing abortions on them?

See?

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about with getting bent out of shape.

RWers don't approach this topic with logic, it's pure emotion.

What about the other 9 commandments?

Where is the passion in defending those?
Actually, Mr. Marc, the sad thing about the Abortion Money Maker machine is that when a first timer comes to an Abortion doctor for an abortion, he doesn't bother to tell her of her options. Why should he? He doesn't get paid for his surgery if he convinces them that there are options to pregnancy that can bring joy to a childless couple, and there are support agencies to help a young mother learn to take care of her child if she decides to keep it against the wishes of her parents who aren't willing to take on the responsibility of rearing a child of somebody else. She can get help, get school financing, child care, and other benefits if she chooses to support and care for the child herself. That's a biggie to a 16-year old.

If a society postpones responsibilities for young people who prefer adult activities, it almost never comes out well. There are consequences of sex, just as there are consequences for stealing someone elses property and using a gun to threaten their victims if they are interfered with in any way.

Abortion is an ugly procedure in which a baby's safe environment is invaded, and videos clearly show the unborn struggling like mad to avoid getting its life snuffed, just as though it were on the other side of the womb facing murder.

Somehow, to me, it's more sinister if that baby dies inside the body of someone who engaged in an act of love that created it, just because she didn't want her life occupied with that human being's needs, its care, and its nurturing.

That destroys that young woman's moral compass, and she has more help than an alcoholic has with his cronies egging him on with the offer of another drink that makes him beholden to them.

Abortion sucks. And it kills an American every two minutes. :(

I could NOT care less about the law, which can be changed as wind blows. The law does not matter.

The truth matters. And the ultimate truth is - abortion is a MURDER of a human being. It's a mortal SIN for the religious people and simply a crime for all others.
And there you have it folks, the general RW fundamentalist self-proclaimed Christian position.

That's EXACTLY the attitude my OP is about.

Thanks for that honesty Vox.

Are they stealing them from the safety of their homes and forcing abortions on them?

See?

Actually, Mr. Marc, the sad thing about the Abortion Money Maker machine is that when a first timer comes to an Abortion doctor for an abortion, he doesn't bother to tell her of her options. Why should he? He doesn't get paid for his surgery if he convinces them that there are options to pregnancy that can bring joy to a childless couple, and there are support agencies to help a young mother learn to take care of her child if she decides to keep it against the wishes of her parents who aren't willing to take on the responsibility of rearing a child of somebody else. She can get help, get school financing, child care, and other benefits if she chooses to support and care for the child herself. That's a biggie to a 16-year old.

If a society postpones responsibilities for young people who prefer adult activities, it almost never comes out well. There are consequences of sex, just as there are consequences for stealing someone elses property and using a gun to threaten their victims if they are interfered with in any way.

Abortion is an ugly procedure in which a baby's safe environment is invaded, and videos clearly show the unborn struggling like mad to avoid getting its life snuffed, just as though it were on the other side of the womb facing murder.

Somehow, to me, it's more sinister if that baby dies inside the body of someone who engaged in an act of love that created it, just because she didn't want her life occupied with that human being's needs, its care, and its nurturing.

That destroys that young woman's moral compass, and she has more help than an alcoholic has with his cronies egging him on with the offer of another drink that makes him beholden to them.

I agree with your last statement. However, the rest of it simultaneously let the actual women who engage in abortions completely off the hook and doesn't hold them accountable, while demonizing the doctors by using dehumanizing terms such "the abortion machine."

God deals with "lands" also. He will judge nations. He will remove cities. Sodom and Gomorrah didn't fair to well as a collective.........

Last edited:

And there you have it folks, the general RW fundamentalist self-proclaimed Christian position.

That's EXACTLY the attitude my OP is about.

Thanks for that honesty Vox.

well, you and your idol don't care about any laws whatsoever - everything is changed by "executive orders" and even without them, so do not pretend you are a "law abiding citizen".

And ANY law can be changed. It's not a Commandment from God so yes - I could not care about this murderous law which makes a baby murder legal.

See?

I agree with your last statement. However, the rest of it simultaneously let the actual women who engage in abortions completely off the hook and doesn't hold them accountable, while demonizing the doctors by using dehumanizing terms such "the abortion machine."

abortmachers are exactly murdering abortion machines. they are not good for anything else.
Any self-respecting physician will refuse to proceed with murder.
except the abortion machines, the same as gosnell.

Whether or not abortion is a sin is none of my business. That is between the participants and God. Whether or not taking the life of an innocent person is wrong is absolutely a judgment I can and should make.

But the law does care about you, it’s there to protect your right to freely express your opinion, regardless how ignorant or wrong.

I adamantly oppose abortion but oppose even more giving GOVERNMENT the power to pick and choose which women get a legal abortion and which women do not.
When abortion was "illegal" all a woman with money had to do was find a doctor to state "for health reasons the fetus needs to be aborted". And NO doctor anywhere will ever dispute that.
If Roe was overturned tomorrow the following would happen:
The decision to "ban" abortion and make it illegal would go back to individual states.
Some states would allow it outright with no exceptions.
Some states would allow it with few exceptions.
Some states would allow it with many exceptions.
Some states would ban it with no exceptions.
Some states would ban it with few exceptions.
Some states would ban it with many exceptions.
So what we are left with if it is banned with no exceptions in any state women that have money simply get in a car or plane and go to a state where they get a legal abortion.
And women that do not have money are forced by government to have a baby they did not want and in most cases do not know how to care for.
No brainer for those that think with their brain.
That's a cute and fancy way of getting around the support of banning all abortions for moral reasons, while pretending you're for more freedom.

Very skillful.

Freedom is not defined as state sanctioned murder. People can be free without being afforded the freedom to be depraved. It's not about whether or not abortion is moral...many things are immoral. It's about the fact that it exploits one person,and kills the other....and at least one of the two people being abused has NO way to defend himself.

And the people who spout that abortion represents freedom are the ones who do the lion's share of manipulation, lying, and exploitation....they are willing to sacrifice women and children to the concept of consequence free sex.

@MarcATL

Is there a reason you ran away like a scalded progressive when I asked you this?

Earning a living, even earning more than a living, is not putting God second.

On the other hand, telling people that the Supreme Court trumps their relationship with God is.
I did not say anything about earning a living liar.

I said putting money before God.

Which we know exists, and exists in ABUNDANCE today.

Why are you PRETENDING?

How do you define putting money before God?

Hint, it does not include telling the government that they cannot take more of it in taxes, even if the intent of the government is to help others.

Could it be that you don't want to actually stake out a position that can be examined by anyone outside your racist scumbag head?

Forum List

Back