Biblical Reasons Why Christians Shouldn't Get Crazy About Abortion

I don't recall agreeing that it isn't murder if the mother's life is in danger, can you show me that post?

Abortion is always wrong, but, like all other types of murder, it is sometimes justified.
So killing, then, is always wrong, however, it is sometimes justified.

Yet, in the recent Trayvon Martin controversy, I seem to recall more than 1 or 2 or three RWers, not only suggesting that Zimmerman didn't do anything wrong, but that he, in fact, did something GOOD by killing the unarmed victim, Trayvon Martin.

Interesting how these positions seem to fly from one side to the next depending on who is what.

Things that make me go Hmmmmmmm.....!!!

Trying to change the subject now I see. The Martin shooting was legally justified and since Zimmerman acted in SELF DEFENSE was not a sin.
The subject has not CHANGED, it's just at a part that YOU do not like. For, only God knows, why.

With that said, I never said anyhing about Zimmerman committing any SIN, I said WRONG, the same exact word YOU used.

You stated that killing is always wrong, hence it applies to Trayvon Martin as well.

Yet, for some strange reason, you don't like that it is so.

Interesting.

Yet, in the recent Trayvon Martin controversy, I seem to recall more than 1 or 2 or three RWers, not only suggesting that Zimmerman didn't do anything wrong, but that he, in fact, did something GOOD by killing the unarmed victim, Trayvon Martin.

Interesting how these positions seem to fly from one side to the next depending on who is what.

Trying to change the subject now I see. The Martin shooting was legally justified and since Zimmerman acted in SELF DEFENSE was not a sin.
The subject has not CHANGED, it's just at a part that YOU do not like. For, only God knows, why.

With that said, I never said anyhing about Zimmerman committing any SIN, I said WRONG, the same exact word YOU used.

You stated that killing is always wrong, hence it applies to Trayvon Martin as well.

Interesting.

Hey, genius, he didn't say that killing is always wrong, I did.

Interesting.
Again trying to change the subject I see, YOU not I decided to start a thread trying to convince people not to protest abortion. Your justification? The Bible. You have since claimed that most abortions are because of health reasons of the mother. An Opinion I have proven to you to be false. Only 12 percent is due to health concerns. 88 percent are due to either the convenience or inconvenience of the Mother.

Zimmerman acted in self defense, to try and compare that to the willful decision to kill an unborn baby is ignorant as hell.

Your assumptions and opinions were wrong and I provided the proof. Others have schooled you on your claim God said no one can judge anyone else.

I adamantly oppose abortion but oppose even more giving GOVERNMENT the power to pick and choose which women get a legal abortion and which women do not.
When abortion was "illegal" all a woman with money had to do was find a doctor to state "for health reasons the fetus needs to be aborted". And NO doctor anywhere will ever dispute that.
If Roe was overturned tomorrow the following would happen:
The decision to "ban" abortion and make it illegal would go back to individual states.
Some states would allow it outright with no exceptions.
Some states would allow it with few exceptions.
Some states would allow it with many exceptions.
Some states would ban it with no exceptions.
Some states would ban it with few exceptions.
Some states would ban it with many exceptions.
So what we are left with if it is banned with no exceptions in any state women that have money simply get in a car or plane and go to a state where they get a legal abortion.
And women that do not have money are forced by government to have a baby they did not want and in most cases do not know how to care for.
No brainer for those that think with their brain.

I adamantly oppose abortion but oppose even more giving GOVERNMENT the power to pick and choose which women get a legal abortion and which women do not.
When abortion was "illegal" all a woman with money had to do was find a doctor to state "for health reasons the fetus needs to be aborted". And NO doctor anywhere will ever dispute that.
The decision to "ban" abortion and make it illegal would go back to individual states.
So what we are left with if it is banned with no exceptions in any state women that have money simply get in a car or plane and go to a state where they get a legal abortion.
And women that do not have money are forced by government to have a baby they did not want and in most cases do not know how to care for.
That's a cute and fancy way of getting around the support of banning all abortions for moral reasons, while pretending you're for more freedom.

Very skillful.

Last edited:
Biblical reasons and views of the people in the first century do not matter.

In the XXI century EVERYBODY knows the unborn baby is a human being from the very beginning and is the same as adult in their God given rights.

If we can do fetal surgery to correct abnormalities in the baby in utero we can not at the same time being honest murder that baby and tell - that is just a cluster of cells and the woman's body.

In my morning devotion yesterday I came across the following verses, Romans 14:10-12 and 2 Corinthians 5:10.

As you can see, the message is very simple.

It is not for the individual to pass judgement on another for ALL will face judgement one day.

It's very clear.

So whenever you see an individual getting all bent out of shape over abortion, claiming Christianity, we know that they don't have the proper connection with Christ they claim and/or believe they do.

This is why I don't get caught up with the nonsense in that debate, because it's up to each individual to make that choice and they will have to face their Maker, not me.

Interesting take, by approving or disapproving, you are making a judgement.

Now, I don't pass judgement on a person, however I do know God's stand on the issue.

If a doctor gives a "valid" medical reason for performing an abortion NO law can ever stand in the way of that.
NO doctor will ever dispute that UNLESS that doctor is paid for by the prosecuting GOVERNMENT.
Real world for those that live in the real world.
Abortion bans always give vast and increasing power to GOVERNMENT.
The Founders knew that, opposed it and supported protecting the rights of the individual.

If a doctor gives a "valid" medical reason for performing an abortion NO law can ever stand in the way of that.
NO doctor will ever dispute that UNLESS that doctor is paid for by the prosecuting GOVERNMENT.
The Founders knew that, opposed it and supported protecting the rights of the individual.
Haven't you seen the views posted by RWers that state that the doctors and staff doing those abortions should be thrown in jail?

Haven't you seen the views posted by RWers that state that the doctors and staff doing those abortions should be thrown in jail?

Not for the safety of the mother you liar. And currently not at all. The law says it is perfectly legal for a doctor to murder an unborn child. All at the whim of the mother.

I repeat, followers of God are not to follow laws and practices that are offensive to God. The murder of unborn babies is an offense to God. Claiming one is a Christian while defending abortion is an offense to God.

The only acceptable use of abortion is to save the mother's life.

Anyone that openly applauds abortion, makes excuses for it, defends it as just or right or claims those that Follow God should not see it as the sin it is, is in fact sinning themselves.

It is right and acceptable to attempt to convince these sinners they are wrong and should change their beliefs.
I challenge you to post where I've EVER promoted, supported or defended abortion.

Go for it.

I challenge you to do so.

You voted for Obama
You voted for abortion
Got it, stupid?

Actually you made the claim that most were for safety of the mother, it is YOUR responsibility to prove that claim not mine to prove the opposite.
OK, it's fair to say that because you CANNOT produce any FACTS to back up your CLAIM that it's a made up claim, or at the very least...your opinion.

I'm willing to accept that it was my OPINION that most weren't.

I'm not going to play that game with you.

It was my opinion.

If YOU now want to assert it as a FACT, then prove it by providing a LINK.

Thanks.
Your opinion is enough to violate Gods law. Enough to try and convince Christians to violate Gods law? Make no mistake you are ADVOCATING that no one protest abortion. You have repeated that several times in this thread.

Christians are at liberty to ‘protest’ abortion, although one fails to see the point. Instead of ‘protesting’ abortion Christians should be seeking ways to end the practice that comport with Constitutional case law.

OK, it's fair to say that because you CANNOT produce any FACTS to back up your CLAIM that it's a made up claim, or at the very least...your opinion.

I'm willing to accept that it was my OPINION that most weren't.

I'm not going to play that game with you.

It was my opinion.

If YOU now want to assert it as a FACT, then prove it by providing a LINK.

Thanks.
Your opinion is enough to violate Gods law. Enough to try and convince Christians to violate Gods law? Make no mistake you are ADVOCATING that no one protest abortion. You have repeated that several times in this thread.

Christians are at liberty to ‘protest’ abortion, although one fails to see the point. Instead of ‘protesting’ abortion Christians should be seeking ways to end the practice that comport with Constitutional case law.

And they are. The claim by Marc was that the bible forbade complaining about abortion. And when called on it he has made several posts trying to justify his attempt to sway people not to follow God's law.

Not for the safety of the mother you liar. And currently not at all. The law says it is perfectly legal for a doctor to murder an unborn child. All at the whim of the mother.

Again, abortion isn’t ‘murder,’ you also confuse civil law with criminal.

And citizens aren’t required to ‘justify’ the exercising of a Constitutional right, what you perceive as a ‘whim’ might indeed a legitimate reason for a woman to have an abortion in the context of her right to privacy.

See the lies being perpetrated by the likes of RetiredSgt?
Just lies, lies, and more lies.

See the lies being perpetrated by the likes of RetiredSgt?
Just lies, lies, and more lies.

You ask for proof, I gave it to you, only 12 percent of all abortions are for the health of the mother. The other 88 percent all deal with how convenient it would be to not be pregnant or how inconvenient it is to be pregnant.

As for the rest YOU started this thread and specifically stated in your op that the Bible prevents protest.

That's a cute and fancy way of getting around the support of banning all abortions for moral reasons, while pretending you're for more freedom.

Very skillful.

That is what THE LAW would be.
Something you do not understand as you only see things in "cute and fancy" ways.
NO LAW ever bans all abortions and that IS WHY I oppose ANY AND ALL laws banning it.
Nothing to do with morals. Everything to do with the real world and THE LAW.

What amazes is the ignorance of the left when they construe the right of the individual to oppose abortion as always being because of "moral reasons".

Forum List

Back