Biden Coronavirus Advisers Nix National U.S. Lockdown

I think that their approach should at least be giving a try. All we have had thus far is lies with the virus totally out of control.

I agree it's not logical to shutdown the whole nation but to concentrate on the areas that need help to stop the spread. If that includes that area being locked down, then lock it down.

The bottom line is that we need to stop forcing thousands of people to die needlessly each day from this virus and start promoting common sense measures so people will stop getting the virus and dying.

are you saying its a state issue and not the presidents job???

No. It's a leadership issue. Biden has done more planning and messaging on the virus as President-elect in the last week than Trump and his administration have done in 11 months.
Trump gave no leadership. But don't worry, you're about to get a refresher in what a politician should be doing in their job.

Bullshit. Federal Agencies and Trump have provided leadership, but you ignore it because you are a fucking hack.
Trump promoted going maskless and not social distancing and made that a political issue. Which is the primary reason he lost his bid for a second term.

But none of that answers what we should do now, which is the OP topic.

Where did he promote those as blanket strategies? His issues were masks and distancing were being recommended in situations where he and his advisors thought they were not worth the effort.

Like people masking when walking down an empty sidewalk, or masking when driving in their own cars alone.

I think that their approach should at least be giving a try. All we have had thus far from trump is lies with the virus totally out of control.

I agree it's not logical to shutdown the whole nation but to concentrate on the areas that need help to stop the spread. If that includes that area being locked down, then lock it down.

The bottom line is that we need to stop forcing thousands of people to die needlessly each day from this virus and start promoting common sense measures so people will stop getting the virus and dying.

Good thing cause the POTUS can't order a State to do anything. Only the Governor and Legislature in that State can order a lock down. You can bet most of these States want their economies up and running. The Dem Governors might go along with Biden but the Rep Governors will tell him to pound sand.

The only way the Fed can order a State to do anything is to invoke martial law which you won't see.

I think that their approach should at least be giving a try. All we have had thus far from trump is lies with the virus totally out of control.

God, this is such a fucking bullshit HOAX. THERE, I SAID IT!!!

Enough of this pandemic NONSENSE.

I think that their approach should at least be giving a try. All we have had thus far is lies with the virus totally out of control.

Waffling dems waffle.

If you really think Biden can do anything different than you truly are an idiot.

Prog Governors have been trying lockdowns on and off, and have gotten only curve flattening, which was the intent.

What makes you think Biden trying something would be any different?
And if an area is in the midst of another spike, it makes sense to flatten the curve again. The cavalry is on the way. We have to do what we can until the vaccine gets here.

Supposedly, everyone is wearing a mask and social distancing, so why are infections rising?

Waffling dems waffle.

If you really think Biden can do anything different than you truly are an idiot.

Prog Governors have been trying lockdowns on and off, and have gotten only curve flattening, which was the intent.

And if an area is in the midst of another spike, it makes sense to flatten the curve again. The cavalry is on the way. We have to do what we can until the vaccine gets here.

I'm sure they will come up with another excuse when that happens to keep control.

Waffling dems waffle.

I'm sure they will come up with another excuse when that happens to keep control.
If only people would stop being so absurd here, maybe I could have a real conversation once in awhile.

Be serious.

Supposedly, everyone is wearing a mask and social distancing, so why are infections rising?
Are they?

No. It's a leadership issue. Biden has done more planning and messaging on the virus as President-elect in the last week than Trump and his administration have done in 11 months.
Trump gave no leadership. But don't worry, you're about to get a refresher in what a politician should be doing in their job.
Trump gave us tens of thousands of ventilators...Trump gave us millions of pieces of PPE's...Trump gave us fast tracked vaccines that are now ready to be used!
What has Sleepy Joe given us? A lot of hot air? He didn't have a clue what to do when the Swine Flu hit the country and he doesn't have a clue what to do now! He'll do what liberals ALWAYS do! Form a task force...or two or three...to "study" the problem and make recommendations and a few million dollars in wasted tax payer money later they'll tell us we should all wear masks...social distance and wash our hands! Duh?

Waffling dems waffle.

He already is. Made more progress and looked more Presidential in one week than Trump has in 11 months.
Competent leadership promotes public confidence.
Ah, Jack? You do know that Joe Biden is dumb as a box of rocks...right? If you're expecting "competent" leadership from him then you'd best be ready to wait a really long time! Just sayin'...

Waffling dems waffle.

If only people would stop being so absurd here, maybe I could have a real conversation once in awhile.

Be serious.

What's serious about this? When idiots like Cuomo call for bars and resturants to close at 10 PM and claim science is the reason, i'm sorry, but i cant take these idiots seriously.

Just heard ONE member of that useless committee say yesterday "shut down possibly 2 to 4 weeks".. So there's that..

From the article about Biden's brain trust..

"Right now the way we should be thinking about this is more like a series of restrictions that we dial up or down depending on how bad spread is taking place in a specific region," Murthy said.

Murthy cited New York City as an example where health officials are targeting COVID interventions "down to the ZIP code."

REALLY? Cordone off Brooklyn? With the Nat Guard? WTF does this EVEN MEAN?? Try that act in Newark or SouthSide Chicago..

Shut down the bars in Queens and assume no one is gonna go to the Bronx for a couple beers and wings? You think this sounds SMART? or even possible??

Waffling dems waffle.

Be seriou s.

What's serious about this? When idiots like Cuomo call for bars and resturants to close at 10 PM and claim science is the reason, i'm sorry, but i cant take these idiots seriously.
Now see, if DTMB were in charge of NYC and you started whining about bars closing at 10 pm, he'd just say Fine, and shut them down entirely. It's what he's trying to avoid. I hear things aren't going so hot down there right now.

Waffling dems waffle.

Be seriou s.

Now see, if DTMB were in charge of NYC and you started whining about bars closing at 10 pm, he'd just say Fine, and shut them down entirely. It's what he's trying to avoid. I hear things aren't going so hot down there right now.

The point is that things like this are nothing more than epidemic theater. The simple fact is the virus is and probably always was not controllable and anyone saying they have the perfect plan to prevent it is an idiot.

Outlying cases like New Zealand, which is an Island that can shut down because the only reason people go there is tourism, and South Korea which is a Homogenous society that has the Asian flair for control and isolation, this thing is pretty much spreading like crazy no matter what a country does. Lockdown, herd immunity, something in the middle, it doesn't matter.

Waffling dems waffle.

Be serious.

The covid must come out after 10. Cuomo is an idiot.

Trump gave us tens of thousands of ventilators...Trump gave us millions of pieces of PPE's...Trump gave us fast tracked vaccines that are now ready to be used!
What has Sleepy Joe given us? A lot of hot air? He didn't have a clue what to do when the Swine Flu hit the country and he doesn't have a clue what to do now! He'll do what liberals ALWAYS do! Form a task force...or two or three...to "study" the problem and make recommendations and a few million dollars in wasted tax payer money later they'll tell us we should all wear masks...social distance and wash our hands! Duh?

No he didn't. Didn't arrange any of it. As I recall, the states had to fight and outbid each other to get those pieces of equipment..and then share if they had a surplus. Sorry. You have a painfully short memory. As do most Trump supporters. Vaccine development was already well underway before Warp Speed. Which let's face it, was just implemented by Trump because he knew he was in deep shit at that point and wanted something he could campaign on. Again, Biden has made more progress in 1.5 weeks than Trump made in 11 months. That's what leadership looks like.

And I'm sorry, I know you're a true believer but I lived through the H1N1 outbreak and I don't remember 1) This many infections and deaths. 2) The virus wreaking havoc on our economy. That's because there was competent leadership at the top and things got addressed.

Waffling dems waffle.

Be serious.

The covid must come out after 10. Cuomo is an idiot.

I would just love to hear the explanation for it.

Forum List

Back