Biden document discovery is proof Dems ‘overplayed their hand’ on Trump

You think intent is hard to prove when the subpoena, search warrant, and affidavit signed by Trump's lawyer all specify "document wearing classification markings", note not classified documents but simply marked that way? What ambiguity you imagine is present there?

The dispute is whether or not they were declassified by Trump, in other words, no longer classified.

Trump, AS PRESIDENT, can and DID declassifly whatever documents he had with NO RESPONSIBILITY TO "return" them!
Biden, as VICE PRESIDENT, had NO SUCH ability to do the same!
This "both sides" equivocation is BOGUS!!!! :eusa_hand:

:eusa_doh:

Even if he declassified them, he still had to return them. They're the peoples' records, not his.

They would have went through the classified inventory. Find things missing. They would have said "Hey Joe, these articles are missing and it shows here where you signed for them, what's up"?

You mean what happened with Trump.

National Archives = Hey Donald? Where's all these classified documents you had?

Trump - What documents?

You mean what happened with Trump.

National Archives = Hey Donald? Where's all these classified documents you had?

Trump - What documents?

Can you point out anywhere I have ever defended Trump did? Just one will suffice. I've commented on this situation many times concerning Trump.

Intentional, but since he had the right to declassify documents, he didn't feel it was illegal, and he very may well be right.

They were presidential records, none the less.

Government property.

No different than AF-1. You don' get to keep it, when you leave office.

In stark contrast with Trump, who's attorneys lied about documents, who defied a subpoena, who had to be raided for all documents to be retrieved.

Actually they don't know if Trump has additional documents stashed at Bedminster, or Trump Tower, or anywhere else Trump may have moved them to.

The dispute is whether or not they were declassified by Trump, in other words, no longer classified.
No that isn't the dispute.

Firstly because Trumps lawyers are refusing to make that argument in court even when asked directly.

Secondly because neither the law or the legal filings ask for classified documents, simply documents wearing classification markings.

It's a non-existent argument only playing on right wing media.

There were "discovered" pre-election. I wonder why this news didn't come out then? Yeah, I wonder.
Because DOJ policy isn't to announce investigations in the middle of an election cycle.

BULLSHIT Ms. Baghdad Bob!!!!!
A PRESIDENT can declssify documents.
A VICE PRESIDENT CANNOT!!!!!
That's ALL that matters here!!!!

Actually, that doesn't matter at all since classification of documents isn't even a factor in the law.

Except everybody from his chief of staff (and his replacement, and his replacement) to the white house records office, repeatedly told Trump the law.

Yes, he should not have classified documents in his possession. Again, the issue is that he was President and had the ability to declassify them.

"The minute the president speaks about it to someone, he has the ability to declassify anything at any time without any process."

The issue here is that there is most certainly some gray area with regards to Trump and the documents in his possession. No such gray area exist with regards to Biden.

They sat there for at least 6 years. They are only being returned now because the Republicans are starting up their own investigations.

Criminal or incompetent. Neither is acceptable. No simple "subordinate" can access classified information.

They were returned months ago and not because of anything done by Republicans.

Are you people stuck on stupid?

This is over documents "with classification markings",

No that isn't the dispute.

Firstly because Trumps lawyers are refusing to make that argument in court even when asked directly.

Secondly because neither the law or the legal filings ask for classified documents, simply documents wearing classification markings.

It's a non-existent argument only playing on right wing media.

Nothing will come of the Trump document issue because there is no issue. That is all that matters. I was just another political witch hunt and grandstanding, quite the opposite approach they will take with Biden and his clear mishandling.

Suddenly a dozen is a boatload.

Of course Trump had HUNDREDS.
i think a dozen was discovered in the first batch…a second hidden batch has been discovered.

The bodies are piling up…the snitches are coming out of the. wood works to rat on the xiden crime family

Are you people stuck on stupid?

This is over documents "with classification markings",

And? Do you think the the markings must be removed in order for them to be declassified? No, the president can say this document in my hand is no longer classified and that becomes the immediate reality, markings or not.

Forum List

Back