Biden document discovery is proof Dems ‘overplayed their hand’ on Trump

Not in Trump's case. He refused to return government records he was asked to return, that he intentionally took....for over a year to a year and a half plus later, when finally seized in the search.

Noted, when Trump did finally have to give these all back, Biden still had his.

President Joe Biden needs to answer a question he asked last year of his predecessor after the FBI discovered classified documents at Donald Trump’s home in Mar-a-Lago.

In a September interview on CBS News’ “60 Minutes,” Biden pondered how "that could possibly happen” and how “anyone could be that irresponsible.”

Oops.

In another interview, Biden stressed the strict protocols he has in place governing sensitive documents. In regard to the daily briefing he receives, he said: “I read it; I lock it back up and give it to the military.”

I guess Obama didn't have those requirements in place.

If Trump was 'irresponsible' for stashing secret documents, what does it make Biden?

OK, so that is what we have here. Two, individuals that fit that description.

I resist trying to argue "well he is even worse". There was either intent OR incompetence. Neither should be acceptable.
Yes. The question is, what individuals? On the one hand it is Trump. Since there is no question that even if he didn't take the documents he sure as hell took pains to not give them back. On the other hand you have Biden or someone in Bidens circle. This is not clear.
Neither should be acceptable.
Did I say, or suggest it was? It should and is being investigated. Who is responsible should be held accountable.

Yes. The question is, what individuals? On the one hand it is Trump. Since there is no question that even if he didn't take the documents he sure as hell took pains to not give them back. On the other hand you have Biden or someone in Bidens circle. This is not clear.

Did I say, or suggest it was? It should and is being investigated. Who is responsible should be held accountable.

They were in Biden's office. His responsibility.

Now no one is going to be held accountable.

I resist trying to argue "well he is even worse". There was either intent OR incompetence. Neither should be acceptable.
Incompetence is not acceptable, but it is NOT criminal, UNDER THE LAW.

it's an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for hand, a foot for foot....etc, type situation...

with justice, details matter in all crimes, with the punishment laid.

Incompetence is not acceptable, but it is NOT criminal, UNDER THE LAW.

it's an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for hand, a foot for foot....etc, type situation...

with justice, details matter in all crimes, with the punishment laid.

Yeah, I think taking classified material is a criminal act. But still even then, you are arguing that Trump and Biden was simply incompetent. Not a better argument.

They were in Biden's office. His responsibility.

Now no one is going to be held accountable.
Lol, says noone ever. If everybody is to be held accountable for any mistake a subordinate makes I doubt there would be anyone left in charge.

If you can show he knew this person was incompetent but failed to try to correct it, you might have a point but you can't and aren't.

Lol, says noone ever. If everybody is to be held accountable for any mistake a subordinate makes I doubt there would be anyone left in charge.

If you can show he knew this person was incompetent but failed to try to correct it, you might have a point but you can't and aren't.

They sat there for at least 6 years. They are only being returned now because the Republicans are starting up their own investigations.

Criminal or incompetent. Neither is acceptable. No simple "subordinate" can access classified information.

Nope, there's a whole process for declassifying a document Trump didn't follow.

Because Commie Bernie would have been so much better... oh, no, wait, he wouldn't have.
you mean xiden didn’t follow when he stole these documents as VP? yes he had no authority to declassify anything unlike trump

Actually, it's called Mens Rea - Criminal Intent. It's a foundation of our law. We don't arrest people for inadvertantly breaking the law

Trump knew he was breaking the law, he just didn't think the law applies to him.

Mens rea can be applied to Trump then since he didn't realize he was breaking any laws, if he in fact did at all. He was president and had the right to declassify documents. Clearly, there is a large gray area there meaning intent is much harder to prove. In Biden's case, no such right to declassify documents existed unless these documents were originally classified by him or his office. There is no gray area. Varying degrees of mens rea can be applied. In this case, "negligence" is the bar for Biden in which case he is guilty.

They sat there for at least 6 years. They are only being returned now because the Republicans are starting up their own investigations.

Criminal or incompetent. Neither is acceptable. No simple "subordinate" can access classified information.
They are being returned because they were found any other explanation is one you are giving is one that has zero proof to support it.

The documents were in an unauthorized place! Now the investigation is to find out how they got there, why they were not returned, a damage assessment if the docs got in to the hands of adversaries, and whether there was criminal intent...Or incompetence!

They are being returned because they were found any other explanation is one you are giving is one that has zero proof to support it.

Both parties are two sides of the same corrupt coin.

oh you think someone around xiden stole these specific documents years ago and hide them in his office? really? haha

xiden took great steps to hide these specific classified documents he only got caught when someone snitched

The documents were in an unauthorized place! Now the investigation is to find out how they got there, why they were not returned, a damage assessment if the docs got in to the hands of adversaries, and whether there was criminal intent...

Let's investigate ourselves.

This is all going to get really ugly. The Republicans may now have their excuse to impeach.

Biden’s Classified-Document Headache Worsens With Second Batch

"Mishandling classified documents". No, he will never be convicted but that's not the goal of impeachment any longer. It's to embarrass.
it’s amazing how he keeps getting snitched on by his so called aids. Folks are jumping off these sinking criminal enterprise.

why won’t xiden just come clean??

it’s amazing how he keeps getting snitched on by his so called aids. Folks are jumping off these sinking criminal enterprise.

why won’t xiden just come clean??

He wasn't snitched on. It was a concerted effort because the Democrats knew the Republican investigations were about to start.

They would have went through the classified inventory. Find things missing. They would have said "Hey Joe, these articles are missing and it shows here where you signed for them, what's up"?

Ridiculous, what trump did was intentional. There's no comparison.

Intentional, but since he had the right to declassify documents, he didn't feel it was illegal, and he very may well be right. The difference is that what Biden did was clearly illegal, not to mention the major security risk with the 50+ million donated to the Biden Penn Center by anonymous Chinese companies. When will you folks wake up to the corruption in the Biden family? What will it take? One one think the information(emails) on Hunter's laptop coupled with Hunter's former business partner point blank stating that Joe was the "big guy" would be enough. Kind of makes people wonder if Democrats really care if their leadership has sold out to China of if they are willing to sacrifice our country for their woke agenda.

Forum List

Back