Biden document discovery is proof Dems ‘overplayed their hand’ on Trump

What difference does that make? As I said. Somebody fucked up. I didn't deny it, Biden doesn't deny it. The false equivalancy lies in the way Biden and Trump handled their respective fuck up.

Trump, delayed, obstructed and lied about having documents. Biden gave them up immediately when they were found, and according to this report ordered his own people to immediately search other places in order to see if there were more so he could give them back.

I find this entire thing immensely funny. How all of you seem to not grasp the difference between hiding classified documents and actually go looking for them, in order to give them back.

Two guys rob a bank. One pleads the 5th, delays, says nothing, makes the prosecution go through a long drawn out process to convict him.

The other robber admits to what he did and co-operates.

Both are going to be prosecuted right?

That's what a criminal investigation is for right?
Yes it is. That's why Garland appointed a Republican prosecutor charged with investigating if such an investigation is warranted. I even suspect a special prosecutor will be appointed pretty soon.

Ah...so with President Potato Head it's an "honest mistake" but with Trump it was something that demanded an FBI raid on his home and calls for imprisonment? Do you have any idea how hypocritical you on the left look on this issue, BB?

Because in Trump's case, it wasn't an "honest mistake". he openly resisted returning the documents. He lied on an affadavitt saying he returned all the documents. he falsely claimed he declassified them, so it was okay.

Meanwhile, Biden's team fessed up the minute the mistake was discovered and handed it off to a US Attorney to investigate root cause. That sounds... pretty reasonable to me.

Biden is the worst President we've ever had with the worst Cabinet we've ever had. He's NOBODY'S "daddy...he's everyone's nightmare!

Okay. I know you are very upset the country is getting better on his watch and you are upset your orange blob is in Florida awaiting indictment.

Yes it is. That's why Garland appointed a Republican prosecutor charged with investigating if such an investigation is warranted. I even suspect a special prosecutor will be appointed pretty soon.

And what it will mean is neither Biden nor Trump get held accountable. The cults win again.

Because in Trump's case, it wasn't an "honest mistake". he openly resisted returning the documents. He lied on an affadavitt saying he returned all the documents. he falsely claimed he declassified them, so it was okay.

Meanwhile, Biden's team fessed up the minute the mistake was discovered and handed it off to a US Attorney to investigate root cause. That sounds... pretty reasonable to me.

So his "team", (a not so subtle way to deflect blame) was simply too ignorant to understand you don't walk off with classified material and just leave it laying around? Just an honest "mistake"? LOL

So his "team", (a not so subtle way to deflect blame) was simply too ignorant to understand you don't walk off with classified material and just leave it laying around? Just an honest "mistake"? LOL

That's what it looks like to me, yeah.

They found the documents in a location, they reported them.

Trump found the documents at his golf club, and lied about having them.

Two guys rob a bank. One pleads the 5th, delays, says nothing, makes the prosecution go through a long drawn out process to convict him.

The other robber admits to what he did and co-operates.

Both are going to be prosecuted right?
Sure. The difference being that a bank robbery has certain elements to them that precludes intent being questioned. One doesn't accidentally rob a bank. One can accidentally find himself in possession of classified documents or mishandling them.

I asked you this yesterday I believe? You seem to be convinced that merely having classified douments is enough to have commited a crime. If you want to win that argument the only thing you have to do is find one example of someone being charged with a crime merely for having those kinds of documents without anything that speaks to intent. Just one. Doesn't have to be anyone high profile. Just some sergeant that didn't empty his suitcase properly and was caught with classified materials that he shouldn't have.

As a young Marine a Marine I knew left a secret document on his desk and made a head call. By the time he got back he had effectively lost a stripe, 14 days in the brig and his career was over. He was suppose to have returned it to the folder and locked it back in the safe, then take a whiz. I think Hillary, Trump and Biden should be held to the same standards.

Right. Because the military does psycho shit to young people, that means it should be a national policy.

Makes sense to me.

Actually, it sounds like a great reason to not join the military.

And what it will mean is neither Biden nor Trump get held accountable. The cults win again.
Trump, AS PRESIDENT, can and DID declassifly whatever documents he had with NO RESPONSIBILITY TO "return" them!
Biden, as VICE PRESIDENT, had NO SUCH ability to do the same!
This "both sides" equivocation is BOGUS!!!! :eusa_hand:

That's what it looks like to me, yeah.

They found the documents in a location, they reported them.

Trump found the documents at his golf club, and lied about having them.

So again, "they" were just too ignorant to understand you don't just walk off with classified papers and leave them around?

One can not just "access" classified papers either. They have to be processed through the system to even get access. The entire system just forgot about them. Meh, no big deal.

Trump, AS PRESIDENT, can and DID declassifly whatever documents he had with NO RESPONSIBILITY TO "return" them!
Biden, as VICE PRESIDENT, had NO SUCH ability to do the same!
This "both sides" equivocation is BOGUS!!!! :eusa_hand:

Trump lied. Plain and simple. That's what he does.

So again, "they" were just too ignorant to understand you don't just walk off with classified papers and leave them around?

One can not just "access" classified papers either. They have to be processed through the system to even get access. The entire system just forgot about them. Meh, no big deal.

Oh, please. the problem is that when you make newspaper articles "classified" because they talk about programs the government hasn't admitted to, it is kind of a silly distinction.

In this case, the documents were breifing documents someone probably should have returned after the fact, but weren't. Stuff happens.

These appear to be briefing papers on foreign countries that probably had a shelf life to start with. Do you really think a briefing paper on Ukraine from 2013 has any value now?

Where is the evidence that Trump declassified these documents?

Oh, there is none.
He SAID he did, and THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT!
He was PRESIDENT when he did, Biden STOLE CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS as VICE PRESIDENT!
Are you this retarded or are you acting????
Whatever the case, you are WRONG!!! :eusa_hand:

Sure. The difference being that a bank robbery has certain elements to them that precludes intent being questioned. One doesn't accidentally rob a bank. One can accidentally find himself in possession of classified documents or mishandling them.

No, Biden could not do this. There is a process for even having them in your hands.

Or there is supposed to be. Maybe you want to argue the Obama administration was lackadaisical with classified information? It just laid around for anyone to pick up and when not, returned, meh, it's only classified material.

I asked you this yesterday I believe? You seem to be convinced that merely having classified douments is enough to have commited a crime.

I never would say that. I imagine every single day there is someone with classified material. The problem is not having the material. The problem is walking off with it and it would seem, no one being accountable for it. Even if you argue it's all an honest mistake, you are arguing the administration was irresponsible in the handling of classified material.

Oh, please. the problem is that when you make newspaper articles "classified" because they talk about programs the government hasn't admitted to, it is kind of a silly distinction.

In this case, the documents were breifing documents someone probably should have returned after the fact, but weren't. Stuff happens.

These appear to be briefing papers on foreign countries that probably had a shelf life to start with. Do you really think a briefing paper on Ukraine from 2013 has any value now?

Pardon me if I don't just take your word (spin) on what they were.

He SAID he did, and THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT!
He was PRESIDENT when he did, Biden STOLE CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS as VICE PRESIDENT!
Are you this retarded or are you acting????
Whatever the case, you are WRONG!!!

Nope, there's a whole process for declassifying a document Trump didn't follow.

No, Biden could not do this. There is a process for even having them in your hands.

Or there is supposed to be. Maybe you want to argue the Obama administration was lackadaisical with classified information? It just laid around for anyone to pick up and when not, returned, meh, it's only classified material.
Because Commie Bernie would have been so much better... oh, no, wait, he wouldn't have.

Forum List

Back