Biden document discovery is proof Dems ‘overplayed their hand’ on Trump

I'm perfectly willing to let a judge and jury decide who broke the law. And unlike you I won't claim bias if that decision isn't what I think it will be.

As to your second question. His lawyers didn't need a security clearance. The only thing they need is see those band on the cover sheets and to respond by alerting people who can take possession of them. There is no indication they didn't do that.

As for his aids. Most of them undoubtedly have some type of security clearance, since their jobs require it. And I'm sure the DOJ will spend a considerable effort in determining how they handled that responsibility considering this incident.
You honestly think that the Merrick Garland led DOJ is going to spend a "considerable effort" investigating this, Forkup? Judging from his past actions as far as investigating Democrats goes I would wager that the DOJ will do as little as they possibly can. Do you disagree?

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
What difference does that make? As I said. Somebody fucked up. I didn't deny it, Biden doesn't deny it. The false equivalancy lies in the way Biden and Trump handled their respective fuck up.

Trump, delayed, obstructed and lied about having documents. Biden gave them up immediately when they were found, and according to this report ordered his own people to immediately search other places in order to see if there were more so he could give them back.

I find this entire thing immensely funny. How all of you seem to not grasp the difference between hiding classified documents and actually go looking for them, in order to give them back.

Biden didnt have a choice in the matter.
They found his illegal docs and he had no say as to whether they were going to be confiscated.

What this "shows" is that ALL Presidents take materials with them when they leave office! Democrats knew that but in their desperate jihad to get Trump they used the existence of supposedly "secret" documents at his home in Mar A Lago to stage an FBI raid looking for something...anything...they could use against Trump!

Now they've stepped on their dicks because it turns out Biden did just what Trump did. No real surprise there because EVERY President takes documents with him when he leaves office! Obama did. Bush did. Clinton did. The difference here however is that President Potato Head wasn't President then and had no legal authority. He also had the gall to lecture Trump about doing something that he KNEW he'd done himself! But that's Joe Biden in a nutshell...isn't it! He lies more than anyone I've ever seen. So now what are all the Democrats that hounded Trump going to do? Can anyone say "hoisted on their own petards"?
xiden wasn’t president when he stole these docs

There was no wrongdoing on Trump’s part. He was the ultimate declassifying authority. The raid produced no actual classified documents. And no, “classified markings” do not equate to classified material. He had a SCIF there when he was President, as any President would have set up at their residence so support personnel could process classified information and brief the President if needed.

Meanwhile the VP has no such authority. And that means Biden had been hiding those documents for over four years. Was he selling them to the Chinese and Ukraine? Sounds like Biden is due for an impeachment.
You guys really, really, reaaaaaaaly need some other material. See post 118.

What difference does that make? As I said. Somebody fucked up. I didn't deny it, Biden doesn't deny it. The false equivalancy lies in the way Biden and Trump handled their respective fuck up.

Trump, delayed, obstructed and lied about having documents. Biden gave them up immediately when they were found, and according to this report ordered his own people to immediately search other places in order to see if there were more so he could give them back.

I find this entire thing immensely funny. How all of you seem to not grasp the difference between hiding classified documents and actually go looking for them, in order to give them back.
~~~~~~~
Trump as president like all presidents before him had the authority to declassify documents. something Joey didn't have in 2016 to 2021. Therefore any classified information Biden had in is possession were stolen and is subject to National Security status.
Indeed, what was Joey doing with the Classified information related to Iran, Ukraine and China?
What other stolen classified documents are hidden in Delaware.

You and by extention those on the right are nothing if not consistent. I asked you... twice now if you are willing to agree that both Trump AND Biden should fave reprocussions if it is established that they screwed around with classified documents?

You simply refuse to answer that. Why is that? My theory bordering on the certain is that you are perfectly aware that Trump did and is.
trump has nothing to do with joey xiden stealing secrets. he did that all on his own

You honestly think that the Merrick Garland led DOJ is going to spend a "considerable effort" investigating this, Forkup? Judging from his past actions as far as investigating Democrats goes I would wager that the DOJ will do as little as they possibly can. Do you disagree?
Yes, I do disagree. But then again I don't live in a Fox news bubble. I see absolutely no evidence that Garland isn't an honest broker. Classified documents were found, NARA notified the DOJ, the DOJ is investigating.

This in both Trump and Bidens cases. When the investigation became to political he divested it. I very much suspect that a special counsel is coming right quick in this case to. The reason Trump was subject to a search warrant was that the FBI learned Trump was withholding docs that's the only difference.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
~~~~~~~
Trump as president like all presidents before him had the authority to declassify documents. something Joey didn't have in 2016 to 2021. Therefore any classified information Biden had in is possession were stolen and is subject to National Security status.
Indeed, what was Joey doing with the Classified information related to Iran, Ukraine and China?
What other stolen classified documents are hidden in Delaware.
See post 118. It doesn't matter one iota if he had the right. The question is if he did. Something that is very much a question considering the complete and utter lack of evidence to it, the unwillingness of his lawyers to actually assert it in court when asked.

And even if he did it still wouldn't matter since the statutes, the subpoena and the search warrant don't require the documents to be classified simply to be marked that way.

This is not just my opinion but it's also the opinion of every judge in the 11th circuit that ruled on it.

Biden document discovery is proof Dems ‘overplayed their hand’ on Trump

10 Jan 2023 ~~ By Mark Moore

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Democrats “overplayed their hand” in how they criticized former President Donald Trump for keeping classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida in light of a report that sensitive records were found at a DC institute where President Biden once had an office.
“I just think it goes to prove what they tried to do to President Trump overplayed their hand on that,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) told reporters Monday after the news broke about the documents discovered at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement.
“They’ve been around even longer,” McCarthy said, referring to Biden’s staffers. “President Trump had never been in office before and had just left, came out. Here’s an individual who spent his last 40 years in office.”
“It just shows that they were trying to be political with
~Snip~
Attorney General Merrick Garland announced in November that he appointed Jack Smith, a former federal prosecutor, as special counsel to look into Trump’s classified documents.
In the Biden case, Garland tapped Chicago US Attorney John Lausch, a Trump appointee, to review the materials.

Commentary:
its one thing for the president to have classified documents found in his files it is a horse of a different color when the Vice president is caught with them 6 years after the fact. That is a national Security risk. Wat was Biden doin wit te ily classified material? What were these files doing in a think tank organization funded by the Chinese?
Obviously, the Quisling media will collectively stay busy looking at their fingernails instead of investigating and loudly bloviating about the national security crisis that Biden is the root cause of by having these classified documents.
Which of course should never have left the VPs D.C. Office.
It is much more illegal and suspicious for a Vice President to have these docs than a former president.
IMO, it was blatantly unconstitutional political misconduct but what do I know.
When will the FBI raid Biden's Delaware homes? When questioned in Mexico to comment, Biden smirking with his eyes DOWN along with his ne'er-do-wells, Garland and Mayorkas, had no comment.
Majority of Quisling news outlets will be silent Is this America?
Ridiculous, what trump did was intentional. There's no comparison.

trump has nothing to do with joey xiden stealing secrets. he did that all on his own
It is very relevant if you are trying to claim there's a double standard in how these respective cases are handled.

You are doing something I find telling. It's why I think politically speaking this isn't the great news Republicans think it is. Sure you will light your hair on fire. Fox is having a field day. In the end though it will simply serve as a contrast between Biden and Trumps reaction to having classified documents. A contrast you seem to be aware doesn't look good for those on the right.

I don't fear an investigation. I welcome it, since I believe a security breach is serious, no matter who does it. I doubt Biden does. Sure it is politically explosive but I suspect that'll be it a dud in the end. You on the other hand have reason to fear the consequences of an investigation.

Last edited:
There was no wrongdoing on Trump’s part. He was the ultimate declassifying authority. The raid produced no actual classified documents. And no, “classified markings” do not equate to classified material. He had a SCIF there when he was President, as any President would have set up at their residence so support personnel could process classified information and brief the President if needed.

Meanwhile the VP has no such authority. And that means Biden had been hiding those documents for over four years. Was he selling them to the Chinese and Ukraine? Sounds like Biden is due for an impeachment.
Trump never declassified the marked classified documents he took. Trump has never claimed he did such declassifying in court, or to the FBI.... All other places he claimed such declassification... is him or his ilk, simply lying about it....

Only lying in court or to the FBI is illegal, is perjury.... That's why he has refused to make the claim in court, that he declassified the documents.... Because it would be criminally punishable.

It is very relevant if you are trying to claim there's a double standard in how these respective cases are handled.

You are doing something I find telling. It's why I think politically speaking this isn't the great news Republicans think it is. Sure you will light your hair on fire. Fox is having a field day. In the end though it will simply serve as a contrast between Biden and Trumps reaction to having classified documents. A contrast you seem to be aware doesn't look good for those on the right.

I don't fear an investigation. I welcome it, since I believe a security breach is serious, no matter who does it. I doubt Biden does. Sure it is politically explosive but I suspect that'll be it a dud in the end. You on the other hand have reason to fear the consequences of an investigation.
rheee is jo comparison.

That's amazing that you believe this ^^^^^^

That's what happens when you watch/read/listen to Conspiracy Theory Idiots.

(R)/Conservatives/RWI's just need to do ONE simple thing.

Quit committing crimes.
What "crimes" are flailing about?
:eusa_boohoo:

Aides to U.S. President Joe Biden have discovered at least one additional batch of classified documents in a location separate from the Washington, D.C., office he used after serving as vice president, NBC News reported on Wednesday, citing an unnamed source.

Biden aides have been searching for additional classified materials that might be in other locations after a set of classified documents were found in November at a Washington think tank, according to NBC News.

Biden aides? Is that the same as FBI?

Biden aides find second batch of classified documents at new location -NBC News | Law-Order

They're taking him out.

How funny.

there is no telling how much state secrets xiden has out there. we need a full search of all his properties

"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."
"You Got' em Now."

His own people got him. They don't want him to run in '24. They're making sure that won't happen

I think this topic is demonstrating the hypocrisy of both the Dems and the Republicans like none I have seen for quite a while. On one hand, the Trumpers say. "oh heck, no big deal, the almighty Trump waved his hand and there was no classified info at Mar a largo." The dems think it makes him a traitor and he should be thrown in jail. Then they find classified info in Bidens hands, and boom, sides swap. Foolishness in American politics.

I think the higher up the chain of command the higher standards we should hold our leaders are held to. I think Trump and Biden should be held to the exact same standard for possessing the material. After that, of course Trump clowned it up and refused to return the material, if Biden did the same they should be treated the same.

I think this topic is demonstrating the hypocrisy of both the Dems and the Republicans like none I have seen for quite a while. On one hand, the Trumpers say. "oh heck, no big deal, the almighty Trump waved his hand and there was no classified info at Mar a largo." The dems think it makes him a traitor and he should be thrown in jail. Then they find classified info in Bidens hands, and boom, sides swap. Foolishness in American politics.

I think the higher up the chain of command the higher standards we should hold our leaders are held to. I think Trump and Biden should be held to the exact same standard for possessing the material. After that, of course Trump clowned it up and refused to return the material, if Biden did the same they should be treated the same.
One HUGE flaw in your hypothesis: A PRESIDENT can declassify ANY document; a VICE PRESIDENT cannot do the same.
Your "both sides" angle is BOGUS! :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back