Biden DOJ Asks Court’s Permission to File 40-Page Response to Trump’s Special Master Request

the judge that approved the stalinist raid was not appointed by trump
I was talking about the judge that ruled she had intent to award Trump his court appointed special master.
But the DOJ beat the judge to the punch. :)

how’s they beat them to the punch?
No need for a special master. The documents have already been gone through to identify items that might fall under attorney-client privilege.

Wind..taken out of sails. :)

Trump isn't the only one who knows how to play games with the system.

CNN reports, "The Justice Department on Tuesday will file publicly in court its response to former President Donald Trump’s bid for a special master to oversee the FBI’s review of materials seized in the Mar-a-Lago search.

"The agency was granted permission by Judge Aileen Cannon of the Southern District of Florida to file up to 40 pages after it said the 20-page limit set by the local rules of the court wasn’t sufficient to “adequately address the legal and factual issues raised by” Trump’s filings.

"Trump must file his reply to the Justice Department by 8 p.m. ET Wednesday night, per Cannon’s order, and the judge has scheduled a hearing for Thursday to consider Trump’s request for a special master."

The Post reported, "FBI agents have already finished their examination of possibly privileged documents seized in an Aug. 8 search of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home, according to a Justice Department court filing Monday that could undercut the former president’s efforts to have a special master appointed to review the files."

The DOJ has no need for privileged documents, and Trump can have them. The DOJ is only interested in classified documents. Is Cannon smart enough to figure that out? Has she figured out she is wasting everyone's time including her own?

Cannon is a late Trump appointee, and some are wondering why she got involved in what is clearly a DOJ responsibility. Since the DOJ has had its hands on the classified documents Trump stole for over three weeks, and the work has already been done, Cannon's decision to get involved appears to be a bad career move.

The smart play would be to get uninvolved after Thursday's hearing

Nope. This is a weak kneed judge in Florida, appointed by Trump and probably very much regretting she stuck her nose in DOJ business. :)
Why would she regret it? Do liberals even think about what they post anymore? You are hoping / guessing that the doj/fbi cartel are going to somehow go after this judge for making a ruling?

What am I saying? Of course you love the idea of going after judge ever since Dobbs. Y'all have been pretty open about that.

The DOJ's business? The doj's business is supposed to be justice. Something in the name kind of implies that, doesn't it? Justice cannot happen without transparency. It certainly cannot happen when politics become more important than civil rights and due process.

Why would she regret it? Do liberals even think about what they post anymore? You are hoping / guessing that the doj/fbi cartel are going to somehow go after this judge for making a ruling?

What am I saying? Of course you love the idea of going after judge ever since Dobbs. Y'all have been pretty open about that.

The DOJ's business? The doj's business is supposed to be justice. Something in the name kind of implies that, doesn't it? Justice cannot happen without transparency. It certainly cannot happen when politics become more important than civil rights and due process.
The DOJ has no mandate to be transparent in thier investigation. They don't owe the public or Trump jack..until charges are read and filed. If charges are filed, Trump will have his due process. So far, none of his rights have been violated.

I understand you and his supporters think they have. But they haven't. And it wouldn't even be an issue if Trump wasn't corrupt to his core.

The DOJ has no mandate to be transparent in thier investigation. They don't owe the public or Trump jack..until charges are read and filed. If charges are filed, Trump will have his due process. So far, none of his rights have been violated.

I understand you and his supporters think they have. But they haven't. And it wouldn't even be an issue if Trump wasn't corrupt to his core.
It's absurd to say that none of his rights have been violated, when the FBI admits they took lawyer-client privilege material. But I've given up on expecting logic of any kind from anti-Trumpers. It has turned into a religion.

The FBI and the DOJ are not laws unto themselves, and they are not independent, nor ever meant to be. They are part of the executive branch and they serve at the pleasure of the president. Obviously, they are pleasing the current president, so much as he is still able to understand events as they are unfolding.

When Trump gets back in the White House in 2025, he should not make the mistakes he made with the DOJ/ FBI. He thought that if he got rid of the incredibly slimy James Comey, and chose a relative outsider as head of the FBI, the insanity would stop. The insanity goes too deep. Obama built a robust apparat within the FBI/Justice department and they easily survived four years of Trump.

After seven years of "investigations," which consisted of picking a man and trying to find a crime to pin on him, rather than seeing a crime and trying to find the guilty man, the public deserves some transparency. We won't get it unless Trump is re-elected, and Trump won't be re-elected if we just hope that the Dems won't cheat so bad this time.

It's absurd to say that none of his rights have been violated, when the FBI admits they took lawyer-client privilege material. But I've given up on expecting logic of any kind from anti-Trumpers. It has turned into a religion.

The FBI and the DOJ are not laws unto themselves, and they are not independent, nor ever meant to be. They are part of the executive branch and they serve at the pleasure of the president. Obviously, they are pleasing the current president, so much as he is still able to understand events as they are unfolding.

When Trump gets back in the White House in 2025, he should not make the mistakes he made with the DOJ/ FBI. He thought that if he got rid of the incredibly slimy James Comey, and chose a relative outsider as head of the FBI, the insanity would stop. The insanity goes too deep. Obama built a robust apparat within the FBI/Justice department and they easily survived four years of Trump.

After seven years of "investigations," which consisted of picking a man and trying to find a crime to pin on him, rather than seeing a crime and trying to find the guilty man, the public deserves some transparency. We won't get it unless Trump is re-elected, and Trump won't be re-elected if we just hope that the Dems won't cheat so bad this time.
NONE of his rights were violated. Tell me, do you think that you or I would have been afforded the luxury of white glove treatment, a hearty heads up about what they were looking for, a video conference feed for the Trump family, showing agents searching for what they were looking for??? No. For you and I, it would have been a no-knock warrant served against us and they would have ransacked our places. :)

The President allows the DOJ to do its job. Without interference or influence. To all outward appearances, Biden has left the DOJ alone. Unlike his predecessor. The DOJ is conducting an investigation into the mishandle of sensitive government documents. They are under NO obligation to be transparent until the investigation is complete and charges are filed..or not filed.

Trump has made ALL of his own issues. The guy is a complete moron. He goes and demands omerta from Comey, fires him, and ends up getting his ass in hot water when a Special Counsel is named. Comey would have run an investigation and it all would have died right there in early summer of 2017. Trump should have been kissing Comey's ass!! :auiqs.jpg: Comey HANDED him the 2016 election on a silver platter.

What astounds me is that you people just line up behind the guy. No matter how corrupt he is.

NONE of his rights were violated. Tell me, do you think that you or I would have been afforded the luxury of white glove treatment, a hearty heads up about what they were looking for, a video conference feed for the Trump family, showing agents searching for what they were looking for??? No. For you and I, it would have been a no-knock warrant served against us and they would have ransacked our places. :)
Yes, Trump is not the first person to ever have his rights violated, but that doesn't mean his rights were not violated.

You are seriously saying that taking attorney-client privileged documents did not violate his rights?
The President allows the DOJ to do its job. Without interference or influence. To all outward appearances, Biden has left the DOJ alone. Unlike his predecessor. The DOJ is conducting an investigation into the mishandle of sensitive government documents. They are under NO obligation to be transparent until the investigation is complete and charges are filed..or not filed.
Well, of course Biden has left the DOJ alone. They covered up for a bribery scheme led by Hunter Biden and "the Big Guy," whose identity is such a mystery to the left. Why should he want to interfere with that? He has trouble putting three coherent sentences together, of course he's not interfering.
Trump has made ALL of his own issues. The guy is a complete moron. He goes and demands omerta from Comey, fires him, and ends up getting his ass in hot water when a Special Counsel is named. Comey would have run an investigation and it all would have died right there in early summer of 2017. Trump should have been kissing Comey's ass!! :auiqs.jpg: Comey HANDED him the 2016 election on a silver platter.

What astounds me is that you people just line up behind the guy. No matter how corrupt he is.
I'm glad you admit that FBI/DOJ actions in regards to investigations of candidates can influence elections. You may be the first lib-Dem honest enough to do that.

But let me guess: it only "counts" when it influences elections against Democrats?

Yes, Trump is not the first person to ever have his rights violated, but that doesn't mean his rights were not violated.

You are seriously saying that taking attorney-client privileged documents did not violate his rights?

Well, of course Biden has left the DOJ alone. They covered up for a bribery scheme led by Hunter Biden and "the Big Guy," whose identity is such a mystery to the left. Why should he want to interfere with that? He has trouble putting three coherent sentences together, of course he's not interfering.

I'm glad you admit that FBI/DOJ actions in regards to investigations of candidates can influence elections. You may be the first lib-Dem honest enough to do that.

But let me guess: it only "counts" when it influences elections against Democrats?
No evidence attorney client privilege was violated...or even applies in this situation. It is Trump's team alleging this. The DOJ has gone through the docs taken. They've found next to nothing that applies as privileged.

Why do you think Trump wanted to hold on to these documents in the first place? What would be his reasoning?

Oh shit, Hunter Biden..again. Someone who will never be President. Bet Hunter Biden doesn't have any top secret docs in his basement. LOL. :auiqs.jpg:

What a bile of steaming bullshit this post truly is.

Donald Trump, a.k.a. the World's Biggest Whiner, did NOT, in any way, have his fucking rights violated. Donald Trump is a career criminal, who ran a 4 year crime spree from the White House, and has been acting like no laws would ever apply to him, because in reality, he's bought his way out of criminal charges and/or jail time all of his adult life.

Given his behaviour in stealing classified documents from the White House, and then lying about them, I can only conclude that Trump WANTS to get arrested to boost his election chances. Given Trump's criminal behaviour in stealing, the documents, keeping the documents, and lying about the documents, no his rights were in no way violated. If any personal or private documents got swept up in the search, that's just too fucking bad, now isn't it. Trump shouldn't have stolen White House documents, lied about them, and the search wouldn't have happened.

Then you spout conspiracy theories and lies about the Biden family - all of which have been investigated by Donald Trump's FBI and Department of Justice, and Mitch McConnell's Senate - PRIOR TO THE ELECTION, and nothing was fund. All of this garbage you're parroting was proven to be lies Donald Trump tells - PRIOR TO THE ELECTION.

When everything you believe is being fed to you by people out to destroy your country, it doesn't say much about you that you repeat them verbatim, on no proof whatsoever.

Forum List

Back