Biden gas prices still 45% higher than when he took office.

Here in Arkansas, it just shy of $3 in most places. Still too high, imo. If Biden would get us out of this stupid Ukraine/Russia thing, it would drop even further. That's what's keeping the oil futures market up.

I will never complain about paying 3 bucks for a gallon of gas.

The excuse come out in droves when it comes to high prices under Biden. My favorite is “the President does not set the price of gas” or the President has no influence or control over the price of gas”. If you people truly believe that then you lose any legitimate license to give Biden or any other President credit when gas prices go down; especially when a President like Biden has passed such restrictive policies aimed at domestic oil companies.

The excuse come out in droves when it comes to high prices under Biden. My favorite is “the President does not set the price of gas” or the President has no influence or control over the price of gas”. If you people truly believe that then you lose any legitimate license to give Biden or any other President credit when gas prices go down; especially when a President like Biden has passed such restrictive policies aimed at domestic oil companies.
It’s pretty stupid to think the main determinant of gas prices is the president.

There is an entire global oil market and all kinds of different forces at play.

Boiling it down to “Trump good and Biden bad” really just demonstrates poor critical thinking.

LMAO... Your history only goes back a couple of years.
1994 buddy.

B0AD5550-3A01-4E65-9706-57D79841942D.png

Biden isn't cranking out record oil production. He's the president, not the CEO of Exxon. Nor is he the chancellor.
Oil production is up because it's the start of the boom cycle. Just like what was going on when Trump took office.

Both sides of this argument try to make the president responsible for oil production. When in fact, the president has almost no influence on oil production.
Other than permitting on federal lands. No president in his right mind is going to block those during an oil boom cycle. Even Biden, with his mental state in decline.
You’ve lost that argument to these numbskulls. If a gas station is out of wiper fluid it’s Biden’s fault so he should get credit too.

Prices aren’t high. Write Biden a thank you note here is his address.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington DC 20500

And by the same token all those that blamed him for each and every rise in the gas prices lose any legitimacy if they do not also give him credit for it coming down.

The door swings both ways.

LONDON, Feb 8 (Reuters) - Big Oil more than doubled its profits in 2022 to $219 billion, smashing previous records in a year of volatile energy prices where Russia's invasion of Ukraine reshaped global energy markets and, in some cases, the industry's climate ambitions.Feb 8, 2023
https://www.reuters.com/business/en...ers),cases, the industry's climate ambitions.

Big Oil doubles profits in blockbuster 2022 - Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/business/en...ers),cases, the industry's climate ambitions.
But it's Biden, that raised prices?

gasoline $3.13 to $3.33 in my immediate area....

Heating oil prices just about killed us, this winter though.... :eek:

All Presidents are subject to global oil prices. It’s the domestic oil policies they plush that have relative positive or negative impact for US

78EC65CE-3DB3-476F-A82E-EFDC739AE5F1.jpeg

And by the same token all those that blamed him for each and every rise in the gas prices lose any legitimacy if they do not also give him credit for it coming down.

The door swings both ways.
I give Presidents blame or credit depending on their domestic policy.

ADA09AE2-DF9D-4F9A-9BC7-08B879D0AFF6.jpeg

Ask how big oil is raking in record profits to the point where they aren't drilling squat, because they're making record profits for producing a lot less. Some idiot will come along and babble about 'free markets n stuff' when it's obvious there are no free markets in the oil biz; nearly all new drilling is by small indies on private leases, not public lands, and they can't get enough drilling equipment because the equipment makers aren't producing much since the big companies aren't drilling. lol

Produce less, make huge profits; it's called Monopoly and collusion.

gasoline $3.13 to $3.33 in my immediate area....

Heating oil prices just about killed us, this winter though.... :eek:

Fake shortages, as always. There is no competition to keep supply up and prices down by market forces.

Oil is priced globally.

So are Snickers bars and LEvis; doesn't mean squat to what it costs to produce domestically or its availability locally. Congress can set import/export policies all day long. Babbling 'priced globally' is a red herring the cartels like to peddle to the rubes. The costs per bl to raise and refine and ship are the only relevant costs. The actual sale prices are rigged far higher.

Oil is priced globally.

The FEDS only exercise jurisdiction over about 8% of domestic production.
Again, I’m not arguing nor have I ever argued that gas prices are SET by the Federal Government which is led by the President. I argue that US Federal Government domestic policies INFLUENCE or have an impact on domestic prices.

Forum List

Back