Biden had no authority at all to hold classified documents at his home or his other places

Nope. The difference is, is that Biden especially as a senator HAD NO LEGAL RIGHT to have any of those papers at home. Since having them was 100% illegal, he knew he was breaking the law when he took them.
So your saying Trump who was a lame duck president had legal right to take classified documents home

Nope the law is specific that he has to turn over the document before leaving the presidency.

Presidents are required to turn over classified documents before they leave office

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978, 44 U.S.C. ß2201-2209, governs the official records of Presidents and Vice Presidents that were created or received after January 20, 1981 (i.e., beginning with the Reagan Administration). The PRA changed the legal ownership of the official records of the President from private to public, and established a new statutory structure under which Presidents, and subsequently NARA, must manage the records of their Administrations. The PRA was amended in 2014, which established several new provisions.

They literally had to make a law back in 1978 as it was a mess prior to those years.

So your saying Trump who was a lame duck president had legal right to take classified documents home

Nope the law is specific that he has to turn over the document before leaving the presidency.

Presidents are required to turn over classified documents before they leave office

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978, 44 U.S.C. ß2201-2209, governs the official records of Presidents and Vice Presidents that were created or received after January 20, 1981 (i.e., beginning with the Reagan Administration). The PRA changed the legal ownership of the official records of the President from private to public, and established a new statutory structure under which Presidents, and subsequently NARA, must manage the records of their Administrations. The PRA was amended in 2014, which established several new provisions.

They literally had to make a law back in 1978 as it was a mess prior to those years.

Trump did what every president has done. Forever. Not Just Trump And Biden: Every Administration Since Reagan Mishandled Classified Records, National Archives Finds

At least those people had the clearances to hold those documents. Biden did not. A HUGE difference.

Nope. The difference is, is that Biden especially as a senator HAD NO LEGAL RIGHT to have any of those papers at home. Since having them was 100% illegal, he knew he was breaking the law when he took them.
Trump was not the president and he had no legal right to have them at his home
He also knew that it is illegal to have them in his home

NARA had informed him of the rules but he refused to accept it. NARA c

Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978​

I guess you believe prior presidents have the right to keep classified documents.

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978, 44 U.S.C. ß2201-2209, governs the official records of Presidents and Vice Presidents that were created or received after January 20, 1981 (i.e., beginning with the Reagan Administration). The PRA changed the legal ownership of the official records of the President from private to public,

NARA collects all the records of the President once his term ends.

Trump did what every president has done. Forever. Not Just Trump And Biden: Every Administration Since Reagan Mishandled Classified Records, National Archives Finds

At least those people had the clearances to hold those documents. Biden did not. A HUGE difference.
yes that is why they changed the rules in 1978 because it was a problem. Prior to this it was anything goes.

Still the thing with the PRA it is about VP and President. I can see how it would effect Biden as a senator who took records home.

Chiefs of Staff, White House Counsel and senior members of the White House Counsel’s Office, a National Security Advisor, and senior members of the National Security Council” — and “[n]ot a single one” of these individuals heard anything about him designating the records in question as personal

referring to Trumps claim that he had declassified. So he is lying in order to protect his ass.

The difference is and always will be is how were they returned.

Biden returned them and accepted the consequences

Trump returnedd kept some thus showing his intent to obstruct. That is intentional criminality

Trump was not the president and he had no legal right to have them at his home
He also knew that it is illegal to have them in his home

NARA had informed him of the rules but he refused to accept it. NARA c

Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978​

I guess you believe prior presidents have the right to keep classified documents.

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978, 44 U.S.C. ß2201-2209, governs the official records of Presidents and Vice Presidents that were created or received after January 20, 1981 (i.e., beginning with the Reagan Administration). The PRA changed the legal ownership of the official records of the President from private to public,

NARA collects all the records of the President once his term ends.
Lets be honest. Obama had confidential papers, and no one collected them or gave a shit. It was only after Trump left office that "suddenly" all these papers HAD to be turned in. If Trump would never have won, the issue would have never came up.

You know it.

And I know it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back