Biden is coming after your light bulbs — again

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Never ending government intrusion into our daily lives.

Government, the font of all stupidity. And the Biden junta is at the top of that pyramid of stupid.

The Biden administration, which banned incandescent light bulbs last year, is now targeting LED bulbs as part of its demands for “a significant leap” in energy efficiency that will nearly double the price of the bulbs and eliminate consumers’ lighting choices.

Half of U.S. households use LED, or light-emitting diode, bulbs. The number of households relying on LED lighting is set to increase now that the Biden administration has banned incandescent bulbs and is phasing out the pigtailed compact fluorescent light bulbs that cost less than LEDs but contain mercury.

The Department of Energy, however, is trying to squeeze as much energy savings as possible out of the remaining bulbs on the market and has set new standards that industry experts say will be tough to meet.

The department announced that beginning in July 2028, LED bulbs must nearly triple lumens per watt from 45 to 120.

Energy Department officials said the move will save energy and reduce the nation’s carbon emissions, a top priority for President Biden.

The department calculates that the more stringent LED standards will save Americans $27 billion on utility bills and slash 70 million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions over 30 years, equivalent to the combined annual emissions of more than 9 million homes.

The Energy Department projects that the new rule would cut light bulb energy use by 17% over three decades.

Critics say the LED squeeze is another of Mr. Biden’s moves to overregulate home appliances. Federal government orders have cut energy use sharply over the past two decades.
The Biden administration has further increased appliance regulations to meet the president’s goal of achieving a “net zero emissions economy” by 2050 or sooner.

The administration has taken steps to force manufacturers of stoves, refrigerators, gas furnaces, microwaves, air purifiers, ceiling fans and washers and dryers to improve energy efficiency.

“That’s the problem with these agencies. They make their living cranking out more and more regulations. There’s never going to be a stopping point,” said Ben Lieberman, former counsel for the House Energy and Commerce Committee who is now a senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute.

Chimpola Bush is the asshole who banned incandescent light bulbs.

27dwua.jpg

Go out and stockpile on inefficient bulbs while you can. Then in a few years you can sell them as MAGA FREEDOM bulbs for twice the price

Three years ago, I moved into my new home with what I estimated to be at least a two-year supply of incandescent bulbs. In that three years, I think I might have replaced four bulbs. Looks like I've got, in reality, a ten-year supply.

Don't come to my door when you run out of your silly curly bulbs.

Three years ago, I moved into my new home with what I estimated to be at least a two-year supply of incandescent bulbs. In that three years, I think I might have replaced four bulbs. Looks like I've got, in reality, a ten-year supply.

Don't come to my door when you run out of your silly curly bulbs.

Those curly bulbs are shit. My LED is great I can change the room from warm to cool light without changing any bulbs. The ones I have can also be dimmed even without a dimming switch from across the room.

You are free to go buy as many bulbs as you want you’re not prevented from doing so. I can’t imagine how miserable one’s life is to get upset over lightbulbs

Yet here you are, most of the day, in a place that gives you the opportunity to do just that!

Anybody see any credibility here?

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Government, the font of all stupidity. And the Biden junta is at the top of that pyramid of stupid.

The Biden administration, which banned incandescent light bulbs last year, is now targeting LED bulbs as part of its demands for “a significant leap” in energy efficiency that will nearly double the price of the bulbs and eliminate consumers’ lighting choices.
Half of U.S. households use LED, or light-emitting diode, bulbs. The number of households relying on LED lighting is set to increase now that the Biden administration has banned incandescent bulbs and is phasing out the pigtailed compact fluorescent light bulbs that cost less than LEDs but contain mercury.
The Department of Energy, however, is trying to squeeze as much energy savings as possible out of the remaining bulbs on the market and has set new standards that industry experts say will be tough to meet.
The department announced that beginning in July 2028, LED bulbs must nearly triple lumens per watt from 45 to 120.
Energy Department officials said the move will save energy and reduce the nation’s carbon emissions, a top priority for President Biden.
The department calculates that the more stringent LED standards will save Americans $27 billion on utility bills and slash 70 million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions over 30 years, equivalent to the combined annual emissions of more than 9 million homes.
The Energy Department projects that the new rule would cut light bulb energy use by 17% over three decades.
Critics say the LED squeeze is another of Mr. Biden’s moves to overregulate home appliances. Federal government orders have cut energy use sharply over the past two decades.
The Biden administration has further increased appliance regulations to meet the president’s goal of achieving a “net zero emissions economy” by 2050 or sooner.
The administration has taken steps to force manufacturers of stoves, refrigerators, gas furnaces, microwaves, air purifiers, ceiling fans and washers and dryers to improve energy efficiency.
“That’s the problem with these agencies. They make their living cranking out more and more regulations. There’s never going to be a stopping point,” said Ben Lieberman, former counsel for the House Energy and Commerce Committee who is now a senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute.

Government under Dems is targeted toward punitive measures against those who actually pay for their own stuff

LED bulbs do save energy but they are overrated and can cause problems.

I have LED's in every light fixture. Maybe they cut your usage, but I haven't really noticed anything different. And they do stop working, regardless of the claims that are made of how many hours they will last.

About the funniest thing I have ever seen is when the lefty climate loons were promoting those curly que spiral light bulbs, filled with mercury. While they were more energy efficient, it was hard to put a lampshade over them and the damned things had MERCURY in them. They weren't supposed to ever be thrown in the trash because of the mercury but probably 90% of them were not disposed of properly and put mercury into our landfills. Seems like every climate initiative that ever comes out is paired with a lot of asterisks which the left try covering up because they don't want you to know about the asterisks.

Forum List

Back