Biden says he'll raise all the money needed by taxing anyone making over $400,000 a year.

I know you're not well versed in economic theory, Daniel but on some levels this is pretty easy stuff! Raising the minimum wage has to result in raises across the labor market. People that have skills WILL demand that they be paid for those skills! You know that's true. So if everyone gets a raise then what have you really accomplished for those making minimum wage? You've put more money in their pockets...but that money will be worth less! So what have you REALLY done for them?
So what; I know you are even more clueless and Causeless. Why should anyone care, if wages outpace inflation on an Institutional basis? That is the simplest I can make it for you, right wingers.
Since wages CAUSE inflation it's highly doubtful that they ever CAN outpace inflation! What part of that concept can't you grasp?
Wages are not the Only cost of inflation and cannot be so with minimum wage labor.
I didn't say they were the ONLY cause of inflation! I simply pointed out that large wage increases typically cause inflation. You STILL haven't answered my question! Why the difficulty, Daniel?
So what. Inflation happens Regardless. Wages merely need to outpace inflation on an Institutional basis.
Inflation doesn't just "happen", Daniel! It's caused by things! You don't seem to have a CLUE what those things are! What's worse...you seem to be too lazy to educate yourself so you DO have a clue!
Those Things happen and result in inflation, Regardless.
Wouldn't you feel better about yourself if you actually knew some basic Economic theory, Daniel? It would only take a few hours and then you wouldn't be making a fool of yourself in internet chat rooms saying things like "things happen"! A mind is a terrible thing to waste...just saying...
lol. You, just saying, only show you have no valid arguments. Why not try some, if you can.
I've actually made valid arguments, Daniel! You've given us such gems as "things happen"! I'm still waiting for you to explain why doubling the minimum wage wouldn't result in all other wages also increasing!
So what if they do increase. Labor needs to make more regardless. And, higher paid labor pays more in Taxes and creates more in Demand. Wages merely need to outpace inflation. Surely, that cannot be too difficult to grasp.

Here is some anecdotal evidence that is easy (for the right wing) to grasp:

The company received media attention in 2015 when CEO Dan Price announced that all employees would receive a minimum salary of $70,000.--Gravity Payments - Wikipedia

All employees making that amount Must mean higher paid labor Creates more in Demand and generates more in Taxes.
Higher paid labor creates more demand if they have more disposable income. You've already stated that your plan was to give them more money and then take it away from them by making them pay taxes! So if you take away part of the income that you gave them through taxes and then inflation raises the cost of goods and services...what have you accomplished?
Proportion must be a difficult concept for the right wing. They will still have more disposable income while having more money to spend. Only right wingers have a problem with such simple concepts.

I know you're not well versed in economic theory, Daniel but on some levels this is pretty easy stuff! Raising the minimum wage has to result in raises across the labor market. People that have skills WILL demand that they be paid for those skills! You know that's true. So if everyone gets a raise then what have you really accomplished for those making minimum wage? You've put more money in their pockets...but that money will be worth less! So what have you REALLY done for them?
So what; I know you are even more clueless and Causeless. Why should anyone care, if wages outpace inflation on an Institutional basis? That is the simplest I can make it for you, right wingers.
Since wages CAUSE inflation it's highly doubtful that they ever CAN outpace inflation! What part of that concept can't you grasp?
Wages are not the Only cost of inflation and cannot be so with minimum wage labor.
I didn't say they were the ONLY cause of inflation! I simply pointed out that large wage increases typically cause inflation. You STILL haven't answered my question! Why the difficulty, Daniel?
So what. Inflation happens Regardless. Wages merely need to outpace inflation on an Institutional basis.
Inflation doesn't just "happen", Daniel! It's caused by things! You don't seem to have a CLUE what those things are! What's worse...you seem to be too lazy to educate yourself so you DO have a clue!
Wouldn't you feel better about yourself if you actually knew some basic Economic theory, Daniel? It would only take a few hours and then you wouldn't be making a fool of yourself in internet chat rooms saying things like "things happen"! A mind is a terrible thing to waste...just saying...
lol. You, just saying, only show you have no valid arguments. Why not try some, if you can.
I've actually made valid arguments, Daniel! You've given us such gems as "things happen"! I'm still waiting for you to explain why doubling the minimum wage wouldn't result in all other wages also increasing!
So what if they do increase. Labor needs to make more regardless. And, higher paid labor pays more in Taxes and creates more in Demand. Wages merely need to outpace inflation. Surely, that cannot be too difficult to grasp.

The company received media attention in 2015 when CEO Dan Price announced that all employees would receive a minimum salary of $70,000.--Gravity Payments - Wikipedia

All employees making that amount Must mean higher paid labor Creates more in Demand and generates more in Taxes.
Higher paid labor creates more demand if they have more disposable income. You've already stated that your plan was to give them more money and then take it away from them by making them pay taxes! So if you take away part of the income that you gave them through taxes and then inflation raises the cost of goods and services...what have you accomplished?
They still have more disposable while creating more in demand and paying more in taxes. Only the right wing is economically clueless and economically Causeless.

Now Repubs are concerned about government spending? Under Trump the debt has increased how much in three years?

5.23 trillion..That was July's figure.
It was more under Obammy
Does that make the debt better or worse?
spending helps nothing. stop spending does. I'm all about stopping the spending. you?
Nobody takes right wingers seriousy about economics, the law, morals, politics, etc.

Stopping spending by the general Government can Cause a Recession. Or, the right wing already forgot and still want to be taken economically seriously.

Raise the minimum wage until the Poor pay their fair capital share of the tax burden!

There should be no upper limit to markets.

I thought you wanted people to get paid for not working?
Raising the minimum wage will have some effect on the labor market until the positive multiplier has any effect. Unemployment compensation that bears true witness to our at-will employment laws ensures there is no simple poverty and that capital circulates under our form of Capitalism.
Danny Boy loves to copy and past from Chapter 1 of his Eco 101 book at the Community College of Short Bus Riders.

Right wingers have no valid arguments only fallacy; but they are on the right wing and want to be Right, as a result.

no, he doesn't understand supply and demand or total economics 101. Corporations pay employees wages and pay taxes. raising wages or taxes, either will cause a more expensive product. PERIOD!!!!!!!!
Not only will raising the minimum wage up drastically cause higher prices for goods and services...it will also cost tens of thousands of jobs from the segments of society most at risk for not finding work. Young people who need first jobs. People without job skills. Minorities. What Daniel so blindly thinks will improve the lives of the poor will actually make their lives MUCH worse!
It takes valid arguments not mere right wing fantasy.

no, he doesn't understand supply and demand or total economics 101. Corporations pay employees wages and pay taxes. raising wages or taxes, either will cause a more expensive product. PERIOD!!!!!!!!
Or the alternative...
View attachment 379622
Fewer pandemic problems. And, the left has solutions not gossip, hearsay and soothsay. Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed can solve simple poverty. We should have no homeless problem in our first world economy.

Or the alternative...
View attachment 379622
and that still contributes to higher prices. there is no win to escalating pricing.
Wages merely need to outpace inflation. Only right wingers can figure it out. Why vote red when we should vote blue.

Oh, Daniel...if I have to keep educating you like this I think you should start paying tuition!
One of the things that also causes inflation is people having more disposable income. That increases inflation as well. It's a common sense thing...you just need to start using yours!

And I'm STILL waiting to hear you explain how you're going to raise the minimum wage and not have all wages go up as well! Think you'll provide that answer at some point?
I already told you before; business will adjust by optimizing and automating. And, so what if all wages go up. Wages need to outpace inflation on an Institutional basis.
So, you are going to help those making minimum wage by raising it and causing the business to eliminate their job in favor of automation.

BRILLIANT! :iyfyus.jpg: :iyfyus.jpg: :iyfyus.jpg:
Sure. Only the right wing is too dumb to solve simple poverty on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States with existing legal and physical infrastructure.

Oh, Daniel...if I have to keep educating you like this I think you should start paying tuition!
One of the things that also causes inflation is people having more disposable income. That increases inflation as well. It's a common sense thing...you just need to start using yours!

And I'm STILL waiting to hear you explain how you're going to raise the minimum wage and not have all wages go up as well! Think you'll provide that answer at some point?
I already told you before; business will adjust by optimizing and automating. And, so what if all wages go up. Wages need to outpace inflation on an Institutional basis.
So, you are going to help those making minimum wage by raising it and causing the business to eliminate their job in favor of automation.

Sure. Only the right wing is too dumb to solve simple poverty on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States with existing legal and physical infrastructure.
Your gibberish doesn't hide the fact you want to help those making minimum wage by raising it and eliminating their job due to automation, Dummy. :abgg2q.jpg:

..they already pay MORE than their share
MORE taxes is going to kill the US
Class Warfare: 'The 'rich' who have more than you need to have their money taken and given to you.....everyone should make / have the same....the incentive for no one to work....socialism.

COME TO THE DARK SIDE Poster | Beth Shackel | Keep Calm-o-Matic
"...we have free shit."

Raise the minimum wage until the Poor pay their fair capital share!
....that's STUPID---how about we pay ditch diggers the same as the BLACK NBA players?
Projecting much, right winger. Nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics.
Funny how ya always the left wing economies that fail.

The US economy has failed 4 times, under 4 different Republican Presidents, and every single time, right wing economic policies have been the root cause.

The period of greatest economic growth and prosperity for all Americans was under the Republican New Deal, which Reagan destroyed when he rewrote the tax codes and attacked American workers.

Since then movement to create an American oligarchy has been most effective, with each succeeding economic crash consolidating more wealth and power at the top with less and less for American workers.

Other first world countries got over Covid19, without infecting 10 % of the population and utterly destroying our economies, bankrupting our workers. The US has not.
:link:

Your gibberish doesn't hide the fact you want to help those making minimum wage by raising it and eliminating their job due to automation, Dummy. :abgg2q.jpg:
lol. If it can be eliminated, we didn't need it anyway. Silly. And, who cares when Persons should be able to obtain unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed. They could be going to school full time instead.

Or the alternative...
View attachment 379622
and that still contributes to higher prices. there is no win to escalating pricing.
According to your logic, why give pay raises. It only clauses escalating prices and people have to pay more taxes. And, according to some on the right wing, the less wealthy only make poor capital choices anyway. See how silly your argument is.

Or the alternative...
View attachment 379622
According to your logic, why give pay raises. It only clauses escalating prices and people have to pay more taxes. And, according to some on the right wing, the less wealthy only make poor capital choices anyway. See how silly your argument is.
you don't make any sense whatsoever

Or the alternative...
View attachment 379622
You have no sense, whatsoever. Why should anyone take right wingers seriously about any Thing, serious.
In 2018, 81.9 million workers age 16 and older in the United States were paid at hourly rates, representing 58.5 percent of all wage and salary workers. Among those paid by the hour, 434,000 workers earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 1.3 million had wages below the federal minimum. Together, these 1.7 million workers with wages at or below the federal minimum made up 2.1 percent of all hourly paid workers.--https://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/minimum-wage/2018/pdf/home.pdf

Only the clueless and Causeless right wing believe doubling wages for 2.1 percent of the workforce will result in excessive inflation.

Why not admit right wingers simply "hate on the Poor" under our form of Capitalism.

Or the alternative...
View attachment 379622
You have no sense, whatsoever. Why should anyone take right wingers seriously about any Thing, serious.
In 2018, 81.9 million workers age 16 and older in the United States were paid at hourly rates, representing 58.5 percent of all wage and salary workers. Among those paid by the hour, 434,000 workers earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 1.3 million had wages below the federal minimum. Together, these 1.7 million workers with wages at or below the federal minimum made up 2.1 percent of all hourly paid workers.--https://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/minimum-wage/2018/pdf/home.pdf

Only the clueless and Causeless right wing believe doubling wages for 2.1 percent of the workforce will result in excessive inflation.

Why not admit right wingers simply "hate on the Poor" under our form of Capitalism.
What were the ages of these 1.7 million workers?
Now I found the answers which YOU ignored at the web site you referenced:
Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly paid workers,
they made up just under half of those paid the federal minimum wage or less.
Among employed teenagers (ages 16 to 19) paid by the hour, about 8 percent earned the minimum wage or less,
compared with about 1 percent of workers age 25 and older. (See tables 1 and 7.)
Age 16 -19 years make up 4,751,000 or 5% of the 81,915,000 total workers.
Of the 4,751,000 Age 16 -19 years, less than 361,000 or 0.04% of the 81.915 Million are paid at minimum or below minimum.
of the total 81,915,000 TOTAL workers only 905,000 of the 65.9 Million 25 years or older or 1.01% are paid at minimum or below minimum.
So you want to :
A) cause these minimally skilled, minimum wage workers to lose their jobs to robots, or part time workers OR
B) for less than 1% of work force raise minimum nationally to $15.00 ... what about those remaining 65 million that make more than minimum wage? These people in many cases are skilled more than the minimum wage workers. So what do the employers do for these 98% that are already making more than minimum wage?
What is your solution for that?

Why not admit that people like YOU HATE America. That you want single payer health. You want NO one to get ahead. You want what this image shows mindless followers of the party...
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 5.39.19 PM.png

Or the alternative...
View attachment 379622

What were the ages of these 1.7 million workers?
Now I found the answers which YOU ignored at the web site you referenced:
Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly paid workers,
they made up just under half of those paid the federal minimum wage or less.
Among employed teenagers (ages 16 to 19) paid by the hour, about 8 percent earned the minimum wage or less,
compared with about 1 percent of workers age 25 and older. (See tables 1 and 7.)
Age 16 -19 years make up 4,751,000 or 5% of the 81,915,000 total workers.
Of the 4,751,000 Age 16 -19 years, less than 361,000 or 0.04% of the 81.915 Million are paid at minimum or below minimum.
of the total 81,915,000 TOTAL workers only 905,000 of the 65.9 Million 25 years or older or 1.01% are paid at minimum or below minimum.
So you want to :
A) cause these minimally skilled, minimum wage workers to lose their jobs to robots, or part time workers OR
B) for less than 1% of work force raise minimum nationally to $15.00 ... what about those remaining 65 million that make more than minimum wage? These people in many cases are skilled more than the minimum wage workers. So what do the employers do for these 98% that are already making more than minimum wage?
What is your solution for that?

Why not admit that people like YOU HATE America. That you want single payer health. You want NO one to get ahead. You want what this image shows mindless followers of the party...View attachment 379761
lol. I also believe in unemployment compensation that obeys our at-will employment laws for unemployment compensation. Employment is at the will of either party. We don't need those minimum wage jobs if they can easily be automated. Anyone who is unemployed should be able to obtain unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed. The could then have more rational choices under Capitalism; like going to school or learning new skills.

Higher paid labor creates more in demand, can pay their rent easier, and pay more in taxes.

ONLY the right wing has a problem with that.

They still have more disposable while creating more in demand and paying more in taxes. Only the right wing is economically clueless and economically Causeless.
If their "raise" gets eaten up by having to pay taxes and having the cost of goods and services go up then the amount of disposable income increase that results from your scenario would be minute! Then if you add in the large numbers of people who will lose their jobs because of the increase in the minimum wage it's a double whammy hit for the poor! I would suggest looking at the unemployment levels of Switzerland if you want to see what not having a minimum wage does to a country. Either that or go back to the last time we didn't have a minimum wage here in the US and see what our unemployment numbers were. It's enlightening!

Well clearly you don’t have a clue. All you’ve done a try to muddy the waters with vague insinuations that you studied economics with little proof that you actually learned anything. So far, you posted nothing but Republican Party talking points about “liberal economies” which ignore all of the successful liberal economies and focuses on places like Venezuela and Greece instead of Norway, New Zealand or Canada.
Fine, you want to talk about an economy that doesn't have a minimum wage? Let's take Switzerland as our example. It has the lowest unemployment of any full sized country in Europe and has had that low a number for a long long time.

Proportion must be a difficult concept for the right wing. They will still have more disposable income while having more money to spend. Only right wingers have a problem with such simple concepts.
If you have more money to spend but everything you want to buy costs substantially more...have you actually bettered your financial situation? Use some common sense, Daniel! I know you struggle with that but these are pretty simple concepts we're dealing with here!

Forum List

Back