🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden to let Trump off the hook

What would he go after Trump for?
To date, Trump has done absolutely NOTHING unconstitutional.
$40 Million dollars taxpayer dollars wasted on a fake Russian dossier and after all was revealed since, those same accusatory leftist politicians started backpedaling and saying things like..."oh, well, I didn't read but the first three pages" or, "If I had known more I wouldn't have pushed for it." Such B.S..
Fake Impeachment, another waste of time and money. The very person the president spoke to (the president of Ukraine), said he not only didn't feel pressured, but didn't see any Quid-Pro-Quo."
This was ALL just hating a man that said he was going to "drain the swamp," and was against George Soros' Globalist agenda to end sovereign borders.

Once again I have to ask the moron troll OP rightwinger what the hook is that Trump is on.

13 pages in and the lunatic left has nothing.

He's probably right. Anyways the man's 74. It's a little late to invest that much energy in him. :dunno:
Agreed. It's too soon to know whether Biden's claims that he'll seek unity were bullshit. But we can hope. We need to get over the is culture-war driven idiocy that makes our political parties literal enemies. Our political factions should be rivals, not enemies, and we should try to remember that we're on the same side.
We aren't on the same side as Dims. They are blood sucking ticks. They are criminals. They are offering nothing I want.
Yes. The ENEMY. Got it. :rolleyes:
Got what, shit for brains?
That you think of Democrats as "the enemy". Would you say they are worse than the Russians or the Chinese?
They are worse than both..
So would you rather see the Chinese invade and take over, rather than live under a Democrat administration? Would you help them do that?
The Dims will help the Chinese invade and take over.

Will you? If it means denying the Dems control?

He's probably right. Anyways the man's 74. It's a little late to invest that much energy in him. :dunno:
Agreed. It's too soon to know whether Biden's claims that he'll seek unity were bullshit. But we can hope. We need to get over the is culture-war driven idiocy that makes our political parties literal enemies. Our political factions should be rivals, not enemies, and we should try to remember that we're on the same side.
We aren't on the same side as Dims. They are blood sucking ticks. They are criminals. They are offering nothing I want.
That you think of Democrats as "the enemy". Would you say they are worse than the Russians or the Chinese?
So would you rather see the Chinese invade and take over, rather than live under a Democrat administration? Would you help them do that?

This conversation is utterly stupid. Why don't you discuss something that might actually happen?

it's not clear Trump would attend Biden’s inauguration. If he doesn't, Trump would become only the fourth president after John Adams, John Quincy Adams and Andrew Johnson to snub his successor by skipping the inauguration

This is unprecedented in modern times

Trump has once again managed to politicize an aspect of our democratic governance that is supposed to be depoliticized.

This conversation is utterly stupid. Why don't you discuss something that might actually happen?
Dodge much?

Seriously, this notion that the "other side" is the enemy, to be despised and destroyed, is poison. It's going to lead to the downfall of our country if we don't get it in check. You said the Dems are more of a threat than the Russians or the Chinese. If you really mean that, and I think you do, that's really dangerous. It think a lot of people on the left think the same way. And both the Chinese and the Russians are taking advantage of this rift. They're play both sides against the middle and weakening our ability to resist their ambitions on the world stage.

Agree. It is reminiscent of Gerald Ford's desire not to go after Nixon any further.

It does not help our country in the end but there will be Dems pissed off.
Democrats were pissed off in 1974 – the got over it; they’ll get over it this time as well.

Agree. It is reminiscent of Gerald Ford's desire not to go after Nixon any further.

I understand the sentiment, but since he's created a Cult around disinformation - it's time to usher in an era of respect for the truth. Anyone who watched the Meuller/Ukraine hearings and read the Meuller reports knows what happened, and for them to sweep it under the rug as a mockery, calling it a hoax, because their Cult leader hijacked the messaging is not necessarily the best thing to do.

Agree. But...it's also time to quite breaking norms, the standards and codes of behavior and the precedents we choose to follow that allow democracy to function. Trump has shredded them, and his followers trampled them.

One norm that has yet to be broken, is a new administration going after former presidents. Do we want to go there? I don't.

Trump will have enough trouble with ongoing state level criminal investigations and lawsuits. Leave it at that.
Correct.

Going after one’s political opponent is what third-world dictatorships do; that’s not what we do, that’s not who we are as a people – it’s one of the many things that makes us a great nation.

Biden does not want to tie up his administration with endless investigations of Trump. He urges Democrats to “move on”

President-elect Joe Biden has privately told advisers that he doesn't want his presidency to be consumed by investigations of his predecessor, according to five people familiar with the discussions, despite pressure from some Democrats who want inquiries into President Donald Trump, his policies and members of his administration.

Sounds like President-elect Biden can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Trump must be held accountable - legally and morally! Sounds like the states will have to do the job.

No, I Will Not Be 'Reaching Out' To Trump Voters, Now Or Ever. Here's Why.

I understand the sentiment, but since he's created a Cult around disinformation - it's time to usher in an era of respect for the truth. Anyone who watched the Meuller/Ukraine hearings and read the Meuller reports knows what happened, and for them to sweep it under the rug as a mockery, calling it a hoax, because their Cult leader hijacked the messaging is not necessarily the best thing to do.

Agree. But...it's also time to quite breaking norms, the standards and codes of behavior and the precedents we choose to follow that allow democracy to function. Trump has shredded them, and his followers trampled them.

One norm that has yet to be broken, is a new administration going after former presidents. Do we want to go there? I don't.

Trump will have enough trouble with ongoing state level criminal investigations and lawsuits. Leave it at that.
Dims are the ones who shredded them. They are all corrupt douchebags who don't give a damn about the "norms of democracy" if they get in the way of the Dim agenda.
No. That was you guys. Man up and own it.

It's like democrats are begging us to accept Biden, even going as far saying, we won't come after Trump if we win.
Biden does not want to tie up his administration with endless investigations of Trump. He urges Democrats to “move on”

President-elect Joe Biden has privately told advisers that he doesn't want his presidency to be consumed by investigations of his predecessor, according to five people familiar with the discussions, despite pressure from some Democrats who want inquiries into President Donald Trump, his policies and members of his administration.

He doesn’t have to. More than one state attorney general, and independent federal prosecutors are going to do it, and Biden never has to bring the subject up.
Federal prosecutors are ultimately subject to Biden’s DOJ – but states’ attorneys general are at liberty to do as they see fit.

Dims are the ones who shredded them. They are all corrupt douchebags who don't give a damn about the "norms of democracy" if they get in the way of the Dim agenda.
ROFL! NOT.

Calling people who disagree with you racists, misogynists, xenophobes, homophobes, Nazis, lovers of the rich and corporations and haters of the poor is not "norms of Democracy." Dehumanizing people is the way you justify destroying them. That's Democrats. There was no Trump supporter violence when it was clear he lost. It was the leftists. And they are still getting silence from the leftist press and Democrat party and Democrats

Seriously, this notion that the "other side" is the enemy, to be despised and destroyed, is poison. It's going to lead to the downfall of our country if we don't get it in check.
Is Donald Trump a poison?

If we define "Trumpism" as a "populist political method that suggests nationalistic answers to complex political, economic and social problems" largely resting on nationalism, religion, and white supremacy, do you think it's important for Biden's Justice Department to investigate all of Donald Trump's alleged crimes instead of just "moving on" even if that further divides the country in the near term ('22 midterms)?

Seriously, this notion that the "other side" is the enemy, to be despised and destroyed, is poison. It's going to lead to the downfall of our country if we don't get it in check.

If we define "Trumpism" as a "populist political method that suggests nationalistic answers to complex political, economic and social problems" largely resting on nationalism, religion, and white supremacy, do you think it's important for Biden's Justice Department to investigate all of Donald Trump's alleged crimes instead of just "moving on" even if that further divides the country in the near term ('22 midterms)?
All that matters is that you are spewing pure idiocy into the forum. No one needs to consider this horseshit.

I think so. But I think the bitter divide of our two-party "death spiral" is a greater threat. We're treating the Presidential election as a proxy for civil war. I seriously think that some people would rather see the country invaded or dissolved than to give control to the "other side". That's a serious problem. We need to be able to concede to the opposition party without feeling like it will destroy the nation.

I think so. But I think the bitter divide of our two-party "death spiral" is a greater threat. We're treating the Presidential election as a proxy for civil war.
73 million Americans voted for Trump who's making it clear he has no intention of leaving the stage gracefully. I don't see how the country can heal without investigating Donald's many alleged crimes past, current, and future?

"NOVEMBER 16, 2020
Trump’s Ongoing Crime Wave Requires a Special Prosecutor
BY RALPH NADER"
https://www.counterpunch.org/#facebook
"Trump and his outlaws can do serious damage before they get the boot in January. Expect that Trump and his cronies will do the following:

"• Destroy or steal documents, emails, transcripts, fabrications, and alter any incriminating evidence. House Committee Chairs have written a letter warning Trump that violating the Public Records Act is a federal crime.

"The Trumpsters laugh at Congress knowing that the House Democrats have declined to exercise their full power under the Constitution.
"• Expand the funneling of unexpended monies and unauthorized funds to favor corporate cronies and other interests pumping up the Trump family businesses.
"• Continue to defy over one hundred House subpoenas and demands for information. These subpoenas will expire with the new Congressional session in January.

"• Issue Executive Orders illegally overriding statutory requirements and establishing immediate benefits for his business and political friends.

"• Expand the repeal of existing regulation of corporations, no matter how administratively unlawful..."

Forum List

Back