🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bidenflation!

"The grid could handle the load". That does not sound like a statement made from a basis of fact. Can you cite a credible source that maintains we can charge millions of vehicles on our grid, especially considering states like California are instituting rolling brown and blackouts to deal with the demand and lack of supply? Have you not checked to see how many nuclear powerplants we will need to build to keep up?

From your source (that doesn't demand I turn off my ad blocker):

"That success will hinge on utilities being proactive in planning for millions of additional EVs on the roads in the coming decades."

IOW, the current grid can't handle the projected increases in demand, but we're sure we'll fix that in the future. Okay, how many more nuclear power plants will we be building and how fast?

Are you fucking stupid?
No. Did you Google it and realize that nearly all the money goes to road/infastructure related costs so you lashed out to deflect from your ignorance?

"Federal taxes help fund 84.5% of the nation’s highways, 15% goes to mass transit and .5% goes to leak cleanup and maintenance for the tanks underneath gas stations."

From your source (that doesn't demand I turn off my ad blocker):

"That success will hinge on utilities being proactive in planning for millions of additional EVs on the roads in the coming decades."

IOW, the current grid can't handle the projected increases in demand, but we're sure we'll fix that in the future. Okay, how many more nuclear power plants will we be building and how fast?
Yes, the grid can and would as it would take steps needed to defer peak charge times as the number of EVs increases.

If suddenly right now we had that many EVs and everyone charged at once then sure, that wouldn't work but that isn't what is going to happen.

Two months ago I spent $45 a linear foot just to build a fence in California. That's just in materials. Granted it's 7' tall, redwood, extra and fine materials, but Shit. Ca. charges an extra tax on redwood, because their govt. are cocks.

Californians are so needy, incidentally, they're supposed to be "progressive". I can build a nice 6' redwood fence for about half that price. Doesn't fly in Ca. What they do is hire "pros" to install fence posts that will last just 5-10 years. Many of the fences are resource intensive because dog ear is so yesterday.

While I'm on the subject, Ca. is so fucked up. They contribute heavily to a throw away society, and these are Democracked districts. The average conservative is far more Earth friendly.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back