Biden's DOJ applies for gag order on indicted Trump adviser Peter Navarro

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Prosecutors are trying to slap a gag order on Trump adviser Peter Navarro to prevent him creating a 'carnival atmosphere' or sharing evidence from a grand jury as he fights charges of contempt of Congress.

He appeared in court on Friday after being arrested.

Immediately afterwards he addressed reporters outside the courthouse and condemned the manner of his arrest. Two Fox News appearance have followed, in which he claimed he was treated like an 'Al Qaeda terrorist.'

On Wednesday, federal prosecutors said they wanted to provide Navarro - who says he is having trouble finding a legal team - with the grand jury evidence that led to charges so that he could prepare a defense.

But they said his conduct suggested there should be protections to ensure he does not use the material for a media campaign.

Biden's DOJ threatens Peter Navarro with a gag order

Like I've said before....The DOJ needs to be gutted like a fish....A gag order for a misdemeanor.....Really?

Prosecutors are trying to slap a gag order on Trump adviser Peter Navarro to prevent him creating a 'carnival atmosphere' or sharing evidence from a grand jury as he fights charges of contempt of Congress.

He appeared in court on Friday after being arrested.

Immediately afterwards he addressed reporters outside the courthouse and condemned the manner of his arrest. Two Fox News appearance have followed, in which he claimed he was treated like an 'Al Qaeda terrorist.'

On Wednesday, federal prosecutors said they wanted to provide Navarro - who says he is having trouble finding a legal team - with the grand jury evidence that led to charges so that he could prepare a defense.

But they said his conduct suggested there should be protections to ensure he does not use the material for a media campaign.

Biden's DOJ threatens Peter Navarro with a gag order

Like I've said before....The DOJ needs to be gutted like a fish....A gag order for a misdemeanor.....Really?
He is worth over $5 Million. If he doesn't know how to hire competent legal counsel, he's a special kind of stupid, especially for somebody that served in DC.

He is worth over $5 Million. If he doesn't know how to hire competent legal counsel, he's a special kind of stupid, especially for somebody that served in DC.
I don't suspect he thinks it's worth it. You don't amass wealth to piss it away on lawyers.

That's what the DOJ does, it tries to break people with legal fees.....Look at what they did to Gen. Flynn.

I don't suspect he thinks it's worth it. You don't amass wealth to piss it away on lawyers.

That's what the DOJ does, it tries to break people with legal fees.....Look at what they did to Gen. Flynn.
Come on, man! He's a Republican and witnessed the shitty volunteer legal counsel Trump used after the election. Surely he learned something from that, such as you get what you pay for. If not, he deserves whatever happens.

Pelosi is who has created a the "carnival atmosphere".
Her Jan 6 committee is a political circus.
Jan 6 is a crazy liberal conspiracy that is being used as a political weapon to smear the Republicans.

Come on, man! He's a Republican and witnessed the shitty volunteer legal counsel Trump used after the election. Surely he learned something from that, such as you get what you pay for. If not, he deserves whatever happens.
Meh, a $100 - 1K fine and/or one month to 12 months in a common jail is not much of a much to me and I suspect nor is it to him.

Pay the fine and enjoy what "rest" they might give him and then make bank on FOX appearances and a book deal. ;)

Meh, a $100 - 1K fine and/or one month to 12 months in a common jail is not much of a much to me and I suspect nor is it to him.

Pay the fine and enjoy what "rest" they might give him and then make bank on FOX appearances and a book deal. ;)
There ya go. Tell the truth, I expect it would hurt me a lot more, but nothing catastrophic.
It's one of those things, where if innocent, I'd pay it, and if guilty would damn sure pay it, and drive on.

Yep, why give lawyers your cash for the same result?
I hear ya. Judgement call though, and always a gamble. Not much impressive, many times, in the results of choosing "public defender" level of legal representative experience, apparently choosing by price. Did you ever read the negotiated confession plea, advised to sign and signed by both General Flynn and his "lawyers"? Reminds you real quick of that scene from Shawshank, I've posted before.

Forum List

Back